Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 42   Go Down

Author Topic: So what have you done today during lockdown?  (Read 70599 times)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done today during lockdown?
« Reply #180 on: 30 April 2020, 11:59:40 »

Lots of work work, fitted a new hose to the pressure washer as the old one split (replacement is rather 'substantial' in comparison to the original).

Prep on the tractor tin work ready for its final coat of paint.

Odds n sods

STEMO

« Reply #181 on: 30 April 2020, 13:08:37 »

Listened to the wife upstairs talking to herself for quite a lot of the time. This is during the evening after she gets home from work. I thought/hoped she was talking to her fancy man  ;D. But no, she was actually working:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/education/sheffield-primary-school-takes-classroom-online-help-educate-children-during-lockdown-2565549

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 30 April 2020, 13:15:03 »

Excellent  :)

My wife talks to herself a lot too.
she's just not aware there's no one listening   :-X

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 30 April 2020, 13:27:56 »

Excellent  :)

My wife talks to herself a lot too.
she's just not aware there's no one listening   :-X
Mine too Dave. She thinks she is talking to me, but i ain't listening. ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 30 April 2020, 15:23:36 »

Mine too. Ive trained my self to say "uh huh" every once in a while to give the impression Im listening, but of course I get caught out regularly when I don't realise Im supposed to be giving an answer to a question.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #185 on: 30 April 2020, 15:25:20 »

Mine too. Ive trained my self to say "uh huh" every once in a while to give the impression Im listening, but of course I get caught out regularly when I don't realise Im supposed to be giving an answer to a question.
Well don't just start saying 'Ermmmm.....yes' as I did for a while. All sorts of things started happening that I knew nothing about.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 30 April 2020, 15:30:37 »

Truth is that they are much cleverer than us in many respects but we don't like to admit it. You realise they have run rings round you a week or so after the event.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 30 April 2020, 15:36:57 »

Walked the dog & missed the rain shower, waited in for a meat delivery which arrived right on time so steak & chips tonight, it's a hard life in lockdown 😎
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 30 April 2020, 17:00:24 »

Attended second funeral of the year,first one in January was an older brother,this one-graveside ceremony only-was another older brother :'( both broke the rules and died of cancer not the virus.

STEMO

« Reply #189 on: 30 April 2020, 17:13:40 »

Attended second funeral of the year,first one in January was an older brother,this one-graveside ceremony only-was another older brother :'( both broke the rules and died of cancer not the virus.
Sorry to hear this, Baza. You've suffered enough losses recently.  :(

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 30 April 2020, 17:14:34 »

Indeed,  :'(
Onanists always think outside the box.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 30 April 2020, 17:27:50 »

Sorted the gas fire. The igniter was striking but there was next to no gas coming out to light. Decided to take bits off to check for a blockage .... the pilot light nozzle has the SMALLEST hole in it .... smaller than a wire off a stainless wire brush but managed to poke a tiny nylon 'wire' through it & obviously managed to clear some sh1te out ... blew out with air line. Re-assembled & there is now a flame big enough for the flame detection gizmo to 'see' .... Sorted!  :y :y :y

STEMO

« Reply #192 on: 30 April 2020, 18:38:05 »

Sorted the gas fire. The igniter was striking but there was next to no gas coming out to light. Decided to take bits off to check for a blockage .... the pilot light nozzle has the SMALLEST hole in it .... smaller than a wire off a stainless wire brush but managed to poke a tiny nylon 'wire' through it & obviously managed to clear some sh1te out ... blew out with air line. Re-assembled & there is now a flame big enough for the flame detection gizmo to 'see' .... Sorted!  :y :y :y
I think the gizmo is called thermocouple.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 30 April 2020, 18:58:57 »

If you have to do this again .. try this ... (works on several carbs I still play with) ... take a piece of standard 13 amp cable, strip it back and use SINGLE strand of one of the inner wires ... no idea what the size is .. but its small, its bendable to reach awkward places, and its stiff enough to move small crud. .....  works a dream on the lawnmower carb !!

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 30 April 2020, 19:15:16 »

If you have to do this again .. try this ... (works on several carbs I still play with) ... take a piece of standard 13 amp cable, strip it back and use SINGLE strand of one of the inner wires ... no idea what the size is .. but its small, its bendable to reach awkward places, and its stiff enough to move small crud. .....  works a dream on the lawnmower carb !!

Yep, that's what I use, de stranded wire. I do have the proper tool for gas jets but as it's essentially a bit of fuse wire crimped to the end of a bit of metal the de stranded wire is just as good.  :y
As Nigel said, also very handy for poking through small jets on strimmer/chainsaw/mower carbs.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 42   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.