Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 42   Go Down

Author Topic: So what have you done today during lockdown?  (Read 70593 times)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done today during lockdown?
« Reply #240 on: 30 May 2020, 14:33:41 »

Finished in the garden at last, and then emailed my Senior Officer at my place of work informing him that I will not be returning to work after my 12 weeks of shielding asking that my leave be used in Lieu of notice , retirement looming 😄😀😄
Enjoy it mate, it's great. :y

Looking forward to it, I've had  a taste of what it will be like over the past 10 weeks + the weather has been fantastic 44 years of public service & now time to do exactly as I want..😎
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 30 May 2020, 14:43:33 »

Finished in the garden at last, and then emailed my Senior Officer at my place of work informing him that I will not be returning to work after my 12 weeks of shielding asking that my leave be used in Lieu of notice , retirement looming 😄😀😄

Looking forward to it, I've had  a taste of what it will be like over the past 10 weeks + the weather has been fantastic 44 years of public service & now time to do exactly as I want..😎
Within existing rules of course.  ;)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 30 May 2020, 15:16:10 »

Within existing rules of course.  ;)

Rules! Had to deal with them all my working life  time to rebel now..😄😀😃
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 01 June 2020, 14:23:04 »

Dashed to the railway on Friday to board up a window on the train which some little shit had put multiple bricks through.

Got home and received a call, then dashed to Market Harborough as a neighbour had found the MIL dead in bed

Next day, dashed back to Market Harborough as the hopeless Police had forgot to attend to take statements (sudden death, they were notified but, somebody wrongly closed the case on the system)

Then on Sunday, fitted the cowl and bonnet to the Dexta, its getting there! v :y

STEMO

« Reply #244 on: 01 June 2020, 14:32:21 »

Dashed to the railway on Friday to board up a window on the train which some little shit had put multiple bricks through.

Got home and received a call, then dashed to Market Harborough as a neighbour had found the MIL dead in bed

Next day, dashed back to Market Harborough as the hopeless Police had forgot to attend to take statements (sudden death, they were notified but, somebody wrongly closed the case on the system)

Then on Sunday, fitted the cowl and bonnet to the Dexta, its getting there! v :y
Sorry to hear about your MIL, Mark  :(

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 01 June 2020, 15:33:28 »

Likewise. Certainly enough to be getting on with  :'(
Onanists always think outside the box.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 01 June 2020, 17:43:29 »

Condolences to you and your family on the loss of your MiL.

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 01 June 2020, 18:43:30 »

Sorry to hear about the broken window on the train ( let me guess "inappropriate" ? )

STEMO

« Reply #248 on: 01 June 2020, 19:02:46 »

Sorry to hear about the broken window on the train ( let me guess "inappropriate" ? )
Probably, but I thought about it.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 02 June 2020, 07:56:11 »

Thanks all, died in her sleep with the only suffering being for those who are left (and some of us prior ;D), no underlying medical conditions so far from expected.

And no worries about the joke, its good to laugh  :y

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: 02 June 2020, 08:46:39 »

Sorry to hear Mark - condolences.

With the lockdown we cannot visit my mother in her care home 210 miles away. They locked down early March and touch wood - no virus issues. Like me and seemingly the rest of my family she had no problem with self isolation as she hasn’t mixed with other people for years. We used to keep her topped up with sherry but with the current situation I just had to rely on a mate up in Ashton under Lyne to drop off 5 bottles of sherry. 4 weeks later another request from care home so another 5 bottles. She drinks a lot of sherry for a 93 year old but we thought fair enough. Turns out someone had put 3 bottles away for safe keeping so now she has a stockpile a little different from toilet rolls and hand sanitizer.

The next exciting project for me will be changing engine oil on the lawn mower. Just got a new Oil suction pump on order rather than messing about.
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 02 June 2020, 09:29:27 »

I've been adjusting some Triumph Herald wheel centres to fit the MGF steels for a friend's Metro. After making a mandrel to hold them, I turned the outside diameter so they fit deeper into the wheel. When he remembers what he did with the steel-wheel nuts(it's on original small alloys at the moment), they'll be modified to attach the centres and the wheels.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 02 June 2020, 14:20:34 »

Thanks all, died in her sleep with the only suffering being for those who are left (and some of us prior ;D), no underlying medical conditions so far from expected.

And no worries about the joke, its good to laugh  :y
Condolences Mark. As you said, while it's sad and a shock for the family, it's a good way to go IMO. Just hope my dear old Mum, who is now getting very frail, gets her wish and goes the same way.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 02 June 2020, 19:15:16 »

Oh thats a bit of a crap weekend :(.

Condolences to Mrs DTM and DTM juniors.

I'm sure you'll miss your MIL as well ;D
Grumpy old man

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 02 June 2020, 21:58:28 »

Oh thats a bit of a crap weekend :(.

Condolences to Mrs DTM and DTM juniors.

I'm sure you'll miss your MIL as well ;D
I'm sure the healing will start soon
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 42   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.