Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 42   Go Down

Author Topic: So what have you done today during lockdown?  (Read 70590 times)

STEMO

Re: So what have you done today during lockdown?
« Reply #285 on: 07 June 2020, 12:49:00 »

I've yet to tackle a full roast on a Sunday .
It's not difficult, Mick, but like everything else, it's getting everything to be ready at the same time. I've served up roast dinners with lovely, succulent meat and white soggy spuds and almost raw veg. Or beautifully crisp roasties with a burnt offering purporting to be a leg of lamb.  ;D

Practice makes (almost) perfect, and as your wife is your only customer, I'm sure she wouldn't laugh too much. Doing the cooking here, esp on Christmas Day, made me realise what my poor mother went through with a pokey little kitchen, seven mouths to feed and hardly any money to do it with.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 07 June 2020, 12:54:16 »

It's not difficult, Mick, but like everything else, it's getting everything to be ready at the same time. I've served up roast dinners with lovely, succulent meat and white soggy spuds and almost raw veg. Or beautifully crisp roasties with a burnt offering purporting to be a leg of lamb.  ;D

Practice makes (almost) perfect, and as your wife is your only customer, I'm sure she wouldn't laugh too much. Doing the cooking here, esp on Christmas Day, made me realise what my poor mother went through with a pokey little kitchen, seven mouths to feed and hardly any money to do it with.

Thanks Steve, I think you have just given me the courage to give it a go !
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 07 June 2020, 13:02:06 »

You can by roast dinners that you can cook from frozen or in a microwave if it's easier  :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #288 on: 07 June 2020, 13:03:52 »

Make nice gravy, it covers a multitude of sins  ;D

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 07 June 2020, 13:08:24 »

The best gravy I've ever tasted was at a Fire Station, many years ago we were on standby & had been positioned there, they had an old dear who used to come in and cook their meals, we just happened to scrounge a roast dinner it was bloody lovely after the rubbish we'd been eating & the gravy was the best I've ever tasted in my life..
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

« Reply #290 on: 07 June 2020, 14:50:18 »

The best gravy I've ever tasted was at a Fire Station, many years ago we were on standby & had been positioned there, they had an old dear who used to come in and cook their meals, we just happened to scrounge a roast dinner it was bloody lovely after the rubbish we'd been eating & the gravy was the best I've ever tasted in my life..
I rest my case. Dinner was probably shite, but nice gravy and you've cracked it.  ;D

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 07 June 2020, 15:02:48 »

the water the veg was boiled in poured into the meat tin the meat was cooked in with gravy browning to thicken  :)
or boil a kettle and pour it onto some gravy granules  ;D
I quite like a bit of cooking, simple food ,though i do like to knock up a curry or chilli
 Mrs Builder can use just about every pot,pan and gadget in the kitchen when she cooks  ::)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 07 June 2020, 15:16:46 »

the water the veg was boiled in poured into the meat tin the meat was cooked in with gravy browning to thicken  :)
or boil a kettle and pour it onto some gravy granules  ;D
I quite like a bit of cooking, simple food ,though i do like to knock up a curry or chilli
 Mrs Builder can use just about every pot,pan and gadget in the kitchen when she cooks  ::)
Me and SWMBO have an understanding. She cooks it, i clear up the mess. :D She's a great cook. :)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 07 June 2020, 15:33:49 »

Very similar in our house. Mrs is a great cook, although sometimes has a moan about having to do it. Standard female behaviour of course. I told her once " you dont buy a dog and bark yourself". This didnt go down too well.  :-X ::) ;D ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #294 on: 07 June 2020, 15:35:13 »

Very similar in our house. Mrs is a great cook, although sometimes has a moan about having to do it. Standard female behaviour of course. I told her once " you dont buy a dog and bark yourself". This didnt go down too well.  :-X ::) ;D ;D
Where did you buy her? How much was she? :-\

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 07 June 2020, 15:38:58 »

Thats a much more civilised reply than the one she gave.  :o ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #296 on: 07 June 2020, 15:49:54 »

It's a wonder she didn't bite you and then piss on the carpet  ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 07 June 2020, 20:40:23 »

It's a wonder she didn't bite you and then piss on the carpet  ;D

So that's what happened with the stray you took in recently?  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 08 June 2020, 15:47:14 »

Got the second appointment at our dentist since they re-opened. Had a tooth, and it's accompanying abscess extracted.

The dentist was concerned about the local not taking because of the abscess, until I pointed out that what he was doing was much less painful than the abscess had been.

The anesthetic is wearing off now, but feeling much better than I did 24h ago  8)

STEMO

« Reply #299 on: 08 June 2020, 16:58:01 »

Got the second appointment at our dentist since they re-opened. Had a tooth, and it's accompanying abscess extracted.

The dentist was concerned about the local not taking because of the abscess, until I pointed out that what he was doing was much less painful than the abscess had been.

The anesthetic is wearing off now, but feeling much better than I did 24h ago  8)
That must be a big relief, Jimmy, just the coronavirus you probably caught to deal with now  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 42   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.