Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.5 DTI For Sale  (Read 4679 times)

doz

• Omega Knight
  • Southampton
  • LC,GSi Carlton,Omega Elite
    • View Profile
Re: 2.5 DTI For Sale
« Reply #15 on: 22 April 2012, 21:54:41 »

Don't necessarily automatically look for negatives, but have to be suspicious of a car imported from Germany, but has Polish plates  ???
Must admit, that was the first thing I thought ::)
3.5K!!! Bargin. NOT!
You find one cheaper then ;) Never released in this spec in the UK so it would be interesting ;) I'd love to lay my hands on it and try to get that lump & box into a RHD car ;)

Exactly  :y

Whether it was released in this country is neither here or there.  The fact remains the car is a shed you can bet your life it's near knackered. Just because it's got a fancy engine compared to the ones released here doesn't make it a good buy. You'd be better off spending the cash on a UK car with decent history and in good condition not just talked up in a cheeky Ebay ad which if your honest the description doesn't relate to the photos.
If you have to ask you wouldn't understand

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
  • 2008 BMW E61 535D LCi M Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22 April 2012, 21:59:08 »

Don't necessarily automatically look for negatives, but have to be suspicious of a car imported from Germany, but has Polish plates  ???
3.5K!!! Bargin. NOT!
You find one cheaper then ;) Never released in this spec in the UK so it would be interesting ;) I'd love to lay my hands on it and try to get that lump & box into a RHD car ;)

Whether it was released in this country is neither here or there.  The fact remains the car is a shed you can bet your life it's near knackered. Just because it's got a fancy engine compared to the ones released here doesn't make it a good buy. You'd be better off spending the cash on a UK car with decent history and in good condition not just talked up in a cheeky Ebay ad which if your honest the description doesn't relate to the photos.

Totally agree Dave.  I too like the idea of a nicely spec'd facelift 2.5 straight six diesel with a 5 speed autobox, but this one is a nail, and is rediculously over priced! 

Dave, I think you should go and view it, and do one of your now legendary write ups for our reading pleasure!!  ;D
It doesn't matter how far you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 April 2012, 08:06:13 »

3.5K!!! Bargin. NOT!

Why instantly make the assumption it's near knackered? Yes it is expensive, but just because it's got a sizeable dent in the boot, and a few scuffs doesn't instantly make it knackered. I've got a '59' plate E Class Mercedes with a dent in every panel, doesn't mean it's ruined though.
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23 April 2012, 08:27:38 »

3.5K!!! Bargin. NOT!

Why instantly make the assumption it's near knackered? Yes it is expensive, but just because it's got a sizeable dent in the boot, and a few scuffs doesn't instantly make it knackered. I've got a '59' plate E Class Mercedes with a dent in every panel, doesn't mean it's ruined though.

The dents are only half the story Del, although must be considered when taken in context to the advert text.  The seller mentions the car is very good both mechanically and condition.  If he considers a dirty great deant in the tailgate to be in good nick, then what mechanical gremlins is he happy to overlook? 

The bigger issue for me is that it's covered 160,000 miles.  Which for an Omega that looks to have had a pretty hard life, is a lot!

Plus it's been hacked around to fit all his fancy stereo gear!!  ::)
It doesn't matter how far you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 23 April 2012, 13:46:00 »

Here is a Spanish one, just run in. 1700 euros

http://www.milanuncios.com/opel-de-segunda-mano/opel-omega-47071296.htm

or another 2000 year car at 2,300 euros

http://www.milanuncios.com/opel-de-segunda-mano/opel-omega-2-5-dti-42614875.htm

Get yours now via Varche Export.

PS don't forget that there are buying taxes of about 6% of the government book value to pay on top of what you pay the seller.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 23 April 2012, 13:59:13 »

Here is a Spanish one, just run in. 1700 euros

http://www.milanuncios.com/opel-de-segunda-mano/opel-omega-47071296.htm

or another 2000 year car at 2,300 euros

http://www.milanuncios.com/opel-de-segunda-mano/opel-omega-2-5-dti-42614875.htm

Get yours now via Varche Export.

PS don't forget that there are buying taxes of about 6% of the government book value to pay on top of what you pay the seller.

Find me an estate version with all the toys, and we might do business!  ;D

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 23 April 2012, 14:11:14 »

Your wish is my command.

http://www.milanuncios.com/opel-de-segunda-mano/opel-omega-2-5-td-46132850.htm

3400 euros 2003 estate. Black, heated leather, cruise, sexon, rain sensors , car sleeps in a garage etc

Toledo. Half way between me and Madrid.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 23 April 2012, 14:16:40 »

Your wish is my command.

http://www.milanuncios.com/opel-de-segunda-mano/opel-omega-2-5-td-46132850.htm

3400 euros 2003 estate. Black, heated leather, cruise, sexon, rain sensors , car sleeps in a garage etc

Toledo. Half way between me and Madrid.

I'll have some of that :D :D ;D
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 23 April 2012, 14:23:35 »

http://www.milanuncios.com/opel-de-segunda-mano/opel-omega-37989417.htm

Can't tell if this is a DTi or a 2.5 BMW engine and it is in Barcelona!

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 23 April 2012, 14:40:37 »

Ok, so one has CDX wheels, and one has MV6 wheels.  Do we think that the one with CDX wheels is Elite Spec?  It's got the 2015/telematics/CID setup but no mention of Bose or S/L suspension.  Also looks like these are both manual cars.  I wonder if the 5-speed auto is a better option, and what the comparable fuel consumption figures are like.  :-\

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 23 April 2012, 14:56:56 »

Ok, so one has CDX wheels, and one has MV6 wheels.  Do we think that the one with CDX wheels is Elite Spec?  It's got the 2015/telematics/CID setup but no mention of Bose or S/L suspension.  Also looks like these are both manual cars.  I wonder if the 5-speed auto is a better option, and what the comparable fuel consumption figures are like.  :-\

Don't know. You are the man to find out on behalf of the forum! Not many autos in Spain. When I took my Omega into a garage, the none of the mechanics had ever driven one before and asked me to put it on the ramp.

A word on the buying process. It takes some weeks after paying your receipted deposit. You (well Varche Export) employs a gestor ( a functionario peculiar to Spain who cuts through the paperwork beauracracy). The car tax is deleted from the Toledo area and then added to the buyer (Varche Exports) here in Granada so that when it is next due (Jan 1st) the local town hall can bill the current owner. Then when the car is exported and deleted from Spains records the car tax is deleted too and the car expunged from records. 

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 23 April 2012, 15:46:32 »

The dents are only half the story Del, although must be considered when taken in context to the advert text.  The seller mentions the car is very good both mechanically and condition.  If he considers a dirty great deant in the tailgate to be in good nick, then what mechanical gremlins is he happy to overlook? 

The bigger issue for me is that it's covered 160,000 miles.  Which for an Omega that looks to have had a pretty hard life, is a lot!

Plus it's been hacked around to fit all his fancy stereo gear!!  ::)

C'mon James... You know as well as I do that 160k is nothing on an Omega. My saloon had just shy of 180k when sold and ran much better than the new estate did at 64k with a full Vx Service History ;)

Agreed that it could well be a bit of a shed, but I still maintain you'd struggle to get the same spec car into this country for much less than the asking price ;)

If, and only if, it was what someone was looking for then he has every chance of getting what he wants ;) I wouldn't pay that for it because I'm no good at bodywork (although a new tailgate would transform it) but I'd be tempted to have a punt if I had the time/money... I'd love to have a go at getting that engine and box (or even just the box onto my 3.2 ::)) into a UK car ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 23 April 2012, 18:06:27 »

Remember Opel trim specs differ from Vauxhall
Grumpy old man

OOMV6

« Reply #29 on: 23 April 2012, 21:42:41 »

Given all the previous comments - if I buy a couple of 2.5DTI (or just the engines), bring them on over, they'll be a queue of peeps at Dover waiting to take them off my hands?
Certainly worth a thought. Calais is only 4 hours from here.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.