Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone for a nice DTi estate? Only needs a new high pressure pump..  (Read 4691 times)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile

I just noticed what else the same seller has for sale: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-P1800-ES-Manual-with-Overdrive-/281349833303?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4181c1c257

Go on, Aaron. £5000 is peanuts to you. :y

Now that is a lovely car! and cheaper than a decent Mini............... :D :D

05omegav6

Anyone anywhere near this thing to have a looksee :-\

Stemo

Anyone anywhere near this thing to have a looksee :-\
Jason could test drive that for you. He loves putting old volvos through their paces.  :y

omega3000

aaronjb

I just noticed what else the same seller has for sale: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-P1800-ES-Manual-with-Overdrive-/281349833303?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4181c1c257

Early xmas present and he mite throw the dti in  :-\

;D ;D Not a bad idea that..

Although I was just reading the ad out to Amy and got to the line that says "No key for doors or boot".. and it's in Manchester.

So ... you start it with a screwdriver? ;D

omega3000

Just noticed the blue interior bits  :( Is blue the new colour for interiors this year  ;D

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile

You have to consider exactly what the pump electrics do, they are the lookup table for the pump and interface to the basic control elements of the pump.

Bosch make the pump to a 'spec' they then calibrate the pump electronicly and program the cal values into the pump electronics.

Swap the electronics and the pump needs to be recalibrated.#

Hence the module should be considered part of the pump, however, get the electronics ffrom that pump repaired and happy days.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile

My take on it is that unless the car is mint (and is an Elite with every option ticked - leather and sat nav not standard) I wouldn't bother repairing the pump, the car is worthless and potentially a money pit - chasing vac problems, replacing EGR valves and turbos isn't particularly cheap and the car is already 11 years old minimum.

The 2.2DTi is an OK engine (towed our caravan ok) but not a patch on a VAG 1.9TDi in performance and refinement terms. If only we'd had the 2.5DTi over to these shores.  :'(

Just my opinion having owned two DTi's, no offence intended.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 17 queries.