Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jenson or lewis  (Read 4654 times)

SilverSurfer

• Carrickfergus U.K.
  • Fancy a pint? This one's on me.
    • View Profile
Jenson or lewis
« on: 12 February 2010, 18:32:36 »

Well who do ya all fancy to be world champion this season Jenson or Lewis?
Personally I love them both but i think Lewis will just have the edge he's just such a raw talent.
and it looks like Mclaren have quite a good car so far in the 2 tests.

Just as long as none of the Germans, Spanish, Dutch, Aussies, French, Polish, Checzs, Finnish, Americans, Russians, Indians, Swedish, Ukrainians, Greek, Portugese, etc etc win i don't mind ;), Although no offence meant to any of them.

Dan1005

• Bratislava, Slovakia
    • View Profile
Re: Jenson or lewis
« Reply #1 on: 12 February 2010, 18:37:29 »

Im going for the Aussie, Mark Webber... Even though he has a natural talent of taking himself out on the first corner... If he can get past that he can be a safe bet :)

Red Bulls cars also look the part this year I think....

If I had to choose between Lewis and Jenson though, Id choose Jenson, just because I still see him as a bit of an underdog, being in Formula one for so long with the pressure of being the next big thing...

SilverSurfer

• Carrickfergus U.K.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 February 2010, 18:44:55 »

Im going for the Aussie, Mark Webber... Even though he has a natural talent of taking himself out on the first corner...
Yes Marks a great driver but i don't think he has enough to beat Vettel

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 February 2010, 18:50:00 »

I've got a tenner down on Schumacher to win the title after running rings around all the children he is racing this year.........

:y
The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

SilverSurfer

• Carrickfergus U.K.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 February 2010, 18:53:23 »

I've got a tenner down on Schumacher to win the title after running rings around all the children he is racing this year.........

Lol old Shumi what a talent be nice to see him win a race again but as for the chanpionship NA!
« Last Edit: 12 February 2010, 18:53:44 by AMG »

albitz

« Reply #5 on: 12 February 2010, 18:57:46 »

Dont care who wins as long as it isnt the dangerous arrogant German cheat. ;)

ScottieMV6

• Omega Knight
  • Swinton, Manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 February 2010, 18:59:28 »

Same as Webby my money is on Schumi! I don't think for a minute he would even consider coming back if he didn't think he could win.

He is back with Ross Brawn with Mercedes power and a team (effectively) that won the championship last year :y

Having said that Jenson is worth a tenner with odds currently at 9/1 and Webber probably worth a tenner at 20/1 :y :y
« Last Edit: 12 February 2010, 19:01:29 by scottie7275 »
I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death!!

Dan1005

• Bratislava, Slovakia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 February 2010, 19:02:09 »

ahh though Webber outperformed Vettel in a few races this year, and consistently out-qualifies him..

I hope Schumacher doesn't win a race, would be nice to see him battle in mid pack and have some moves made on him that he carried out over the years... ahhh dreams...

albitz

« Reply #8 on: 12 February 2010, 19:02:40 »

..........and the man who masterminded all his cheating and skullduggery at Ferrari is now in charge at the FIA, so he should do well. >:(

feeutfo

« Reply #9 on: 12 February 2010, 20:24:55 »

..........and the man who masterminded all his cheating and skullduggery at Ferrari is now in charge at the FIA, so he should do well. >:(

it sounds like the most fascinating season in years in f1, which makes mearly interesting compared to other motor sport. Cant wait for the motor sport  season to start.

oh, Lewis by the way, or maybe Jenson...errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, yeah Jenson.

albitz

« Reply #10 on: 12 February 2010, 20:33:07 »

Talking of proper motorsport Chris, I see Rossi has been spanking everyone in testing. :y
I really hope the the samurai of slide gets a WSB title this season,Ha has been so close so often. :y

SilverSurfer

• Carrickfergus U.K.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12 February 2010, 20:41:04 »

What do you mean?  "Jean Todt wouldn't play unfair"  yeah right [size=18]NOT![/size]

Martin_1962

« Reply #12 on: 12 February 2010, 20:49:21 »

Lewis is quicker than Jenson, but Jenson is kinder on tyres could be interesting

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12 February 2010, 20:52:04 »

Ferrari International Assistance were not there for Schumacher .. so he has lost out by the move.

Todt and FAI will now ensure that Ferrari .. even if Noddy was driving... win next year .... nowt to do with best car/driver .. just pure politics and money.
« Last Edit: 12 February 2010, 20:52:29 by entwood »

Dan1005

• Bratislava, Slovakia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12 February 2010, 20:52:38 »

haha I bet the Mercedes team isn't running the rear diffuser this year, everyone else will, and suddenly it will be illegal.. at midpoint in season of course, when Shoemaker can have a huge lead!!!  ;D  >:(

Amigo

• Omega Baron
  • Immingham N.E Lincs.
  • Be objective, be selective.
    • Passat & Cortina GXL
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 12 February 2010, 20:56:58 »

Much as i love motorsport i find F1 clinical, computerized, full of overpaid nancy boys & basically dull.
   What was once an entertaining sport has got to the stage where it's out pricing itself as has footy. The corporates have killed the spirit. Plus the return of that shoe-maker arrogant idiot has killed off any remaining interest i had left. Sorry.

Best i can do is hope Button has a good season but i won't waste my time watching. 
Curry makes the world go round!

Radar

• Omega Knight
  • Berkshire
    • Elite 2.5 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12 February 2010, 21:24:48 »

I prefer jenson to lewis but think lewis will have the edge on him this season. Overall though, i think Alonso will win

albitz

« Reply #17 on: 12 February 2010, 21:55:55 »

It will depend mostly on who has the fastest car, as usual. :(

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12 February 2010, 22:22:53 »

Oh arent you the cynical one........!!

Should be a great season either way.....!!

The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12 February 2010, 22:27:18 »

Everyone, says that at the start of every new season. I am with AmigoMV6, its dull and boring, its all but over after the 1st lap soooo many times.

That cheating German will be back again this year, bending all rules to suit him.

If you want something more exciting, watch BBC Parliament.   

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12 February 2010, 22:33:31 »

Everyone, says that at the start of every new season. I am with AmigoMV6, its dull and boring, its all but over after the 1st lap soooo many times.

That cheating German will be back again this year, bending all rules to suit him.

Well I dont say it at the start of every season mate and this time its true.....!!

if you dont like it theres always BBC Parliament like you said mate, watch that.......!!!

Shumacher returning.....
Lewis vs Jenson vs Alonso vs Vettel vs Schumacher.....
Lotus returning to F1....
The new teams.....
No refuelling.....

Roll on Bahrain.............!!!!

SilverSurfer

• Carrickfergus U.K.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12 February 2010, 22:37:40 »

Hey!  i like BBC parliment nice warm cup of ovaltine and listen to the quiet drone of our politicians ruining sorry running the country. What could be better Eh! EH! ::) :D ;D

SilverSurfer

• Carrickfergus U.K.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12 February 2010, 22:40:06 »

Well I dont say it at the start of every season mate and this time its true.....!!

if you dont like it theres always BBC Parliament like you said mate, watch that.......!!!

Shumacher returning.....
The new teams.....
No refuelling.....

Here here Webby well said mate!! :y :y

waspy

« Reply #23 on: 12 February 2010, 22:40:27 »

F1=Poop

Touring Cars :y At least there's overtaking & there's no major inquest when someone shunts, runs another off etc. Just like Rugby & Football really, one's for pussie's & one's for men :y

SilverSurfer

• Carrickfergus U.K.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12 February 2010, 22:41:52 »

F1=Poop

Touring Cars :y At least there's overtaking & there's no major inquest when someone shunts, runs another off etc. Just like Rugby & Football really, one's for pussie's & one's for men :y
I know who your new avatars for Pete lol :y ;D
« Last Edit: 12 February 2010, 22:42:23 by AMG »

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 12 February 2010, 22:42:52 »

Shumacher returning.....
The new teams.....
No refuelling.....

Shumacher returning..... great more cheating, FIA bending over backwards for him

Lewis vs Jenson vs Alonso vs Vettel vs Schumacher..... so whats new? had that before (minus Lewis), just as dull

Lotus returning to F1....remember Jag returning? what a flop that was, Lotus cannot match the other teams budgets, they will be at the back of the grid

The new teams..... new back markers

No refuelling..... its only being dropped in an attempt to 'spice up the season', same reason it was introduced in 1994.

Bahrain is a brilliant example of how F1 has gone wrong, technically its a brilliant, amazing building, well built track, costs billions to build. But its soo dull and lifeless as a circuit.

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 12 February 2010, 22:43:03 »

F1=Poop

lol

Football......? Dont make me laugh......!!

Football is for nancy boys who cant drive racing cars.....and who fall over if you so much as breathe on them......

:D :D :D

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 12 February 2010, 22:45:20 »

Shumacher returning.....
The new teams.....
No refuelling.....

Shumacher returning..... great more cheating, FIA bending over backwards for him

Lewis vs Jenson vs Alonso vs Vettel vs Schumacher..... so whats new? had that before (minus Lewis), just as dull

Lotus returning to F1....remember Jag returning? what a flop that was, Lotus cannot match the other teams budgets, they will be at the back of the grid

No refuelling..... its only being dropped in an attempt to 'spice up the season', same reason it was introduced in 1994.

Bahrain is a brilliant example of how F1 has gone wrong, technically its a brilliant, amazing building, well built track, costs billions to build. But its soo dull and lifeless as a circuit.

lol

Ok Tunnie so you wont know what we are on about when we are posting all through the season about it will ya......!!

But please feel free to keep us updated with whats happening on BBC Snor-lament......

:y :y

SilverSurfer

• Carrickfergus U.K.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12 February 2010, 22:46:35 »

LOL

waspy

« Reply #29 on: 12 February 2010, 22:47:56 »

F1=Poop

lol

Football is for nancy boys who cant drive racing cars.....and who fall over if you so much as breathe on them......

At last :o :o :o Something we agree on ;D :y

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 12 February 2010, 22:48:56 »

F1=Poop

lol

At last :o :o :o Something we agree on ;D :y

lol

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 12 February 2010, 22:51:46 »

Shumacher returning.....
The new teams.....
No refuelling.....

lol

Ok Tunnie so you wont know what we are on about when we are posting all through the season about it will ya......!!

But please feel free to keep us updated with whats happening on BBC Snor-lament......

Sadly i will, as i support everything Sky mobile related, which includes all sports results. So i end up seeing the results to all sports events  :(

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 12 February 2010, 22:52:46 »

Shumacher returning.....
The new teams.....
No refuelling.....

lol

Sadly i will, as i support everything Sky mobile related, which includes all sports results. So i end up seeing the results to all sports events  :(

Cool...........!!

:D :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 12 February 2010, 23:20:40 »

I think the most interesting thing will be the lack of re-fuelling... After all, Schumacher won a large proportion of his races on fuel strategy ;) ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

feeutfo

« Reply #34 on: 12 February 2010, 23:46:57 »

Talking of proper motorsport Chris, I see Rossi has been spanking everyone in testing. :y
I really hope the the samurai of slide gets a WSB title this season,Ha has been so close so often. :y

he'll have to beat 52 though, but i agree he deserves it.
Have you seen this?http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2010/1/10355.html

albitz

« Reply #35 on: 12 February 2010, 23:52:03 »

I think the most interesting thing will be the lack of re-fuelling... After all, Schumacher won a large proportion of his races on fuel strategy ;) ;)
Very true.I remember one race, pretty sure it was at Silverstone, where he started 5th and won the race without overtaking a single car. :y
I have been watching it since the mid seventies and for me he and his accomplices ruine what was left of the sport. :(

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 12 February 2010, 23:53:12 »

or by pushing others off the track ???

albitz

« Reply #37 on: 12 February 2010, 23:55:44 »

Never been much a fan of 52 myself, but that R1 is a missile so he should do well. Plus the fact that Tardozzi has walked out of Ducati which wont help their chances.
As for Rossi in the Ferrari, it makes me mad, it just aint fair that one person should have that amount of natural talent. :'( ::) ;D

SilverSurfer

• Carrickfergus U.K.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 12 February 2010, 23:56:35 »

He's a star ain't he! He'd be better than most of them i reckon if he went for it in cars 8-). he's just got it, that somethimg special!

albitz

« Reply #39 on: 13 February 2010, 00:00:30 »

Or by "crashing" just after he finished his qualifying lap to try to stop anyone beating his time,or blatantly using traction control when it was banned...............the list is endless, which is why imo he could never be spoken of in the same breath as the really great drivers.
I know Senna was no angel but there were depths which he wouldnt sink to, and watching him drive (without driver aids) was like watching a great artist, he had class in abundance, and scumacher had none at all.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 13 February 2010, 00:04:02 »

Or "Breaking Down" on the last bend of qualifying ::) ::)

Never been a fan of him anyway ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

SilverSurfer

• Carrickfergus U.K.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 13 February 2010, 00:10:20 »

Or by pushing Damon off the track and winning a world championship or trying to do the same with jaques V the list goes on >:( Hail the Brits ;D :y
« Last Edit: 13 February 2010, 00:11:36 by AMG »

Hannah Judes Dad

• Omega Knight
  • Cleethorpes North East Lincs
    • the misses round the bend
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 13 February 2010, 00:47:11 »

World supers is going to be fantastic this year with 7 thats right SEVEN british riders,yes I know they will all be classed as underdogs but it is well worth it for pure adrenalin and speed.I agree that Haga should have had the title by now but he isn't sliding it as much as he used too,still got some interesting lines in comparisson to most other riders though. Rossi as you say is spanking them and Lorenzo has gone and broken his hand before the season has even started,advantage to The Doctor again.
Don't wee on the electric fence

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 13 February 2010, 08:37:13 »

Ross Brawn was the mastermind behind those pit stop wins, making sure he came in at exactly the right time. Its a shame Brawn was bought by Mercedes, as Brawn they took risks and went for it, their radical design on the diffuser won them the season.

As Mercedes own run team, they not going to be as risky with car design  :(

Martin_1962

« Reply #44 on: 13 February 2010, 09:33:31 »

Prost Senna Mansell years were brilliant

Any of those three in their prime would beat Schumacher if he was not cheating.

Psychoca

• Norfolk
    • Beaten up Mondeo TDCI ST.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 13 February 2010, 10:39:53 »

Dont care who wins as long as it isnt the dangerous arrogant German cheat. ;)

I couldn't put it better my self, except you forgot that he has the FIA up his backside too, so he can do no wrong.

I would love to see either Jenson or Lewis take the championship to be honest, but, given McClaren's track record for FIA arguments over the last few years, they only have to fart in the wrong direction and they are accused of wrong doing...

I don't think Schucheater will win this year, but, you can be sure to see his dirty tricks again...

ScottieMV6

• Omega Knight
  • Swinton, Manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 13 February 2010, 10:54:22 »

I'll be watching it as I think it might be more interesting this year than previous recent years but I will be watching the WRC more closely :y

Rallying is more exciting and more technical than F1, driving a rally car takes a lot more skill than driving an F1 car as well :y

Rally Sweden this weekend :y
« Last Edit: 13 February 2010, 10:54:46 by scottie7275 »

Psychoca

• Norfolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 13 February 2010, 11:03:21 »

Prost Senna Mansell years were brilliant

Any of those three in their prime would beat Schumacher if he was not cheating.

I don't think the great cheater would actually have had a chance against them, unfortunately the 80's and early 90's was the cream of the F1 years, with a high quantity of good drivers...   I wouldn't knock any of the racing prior to these years either, in fact the driver quality had to be even better, with the death traps, oops, I mean cars, that they had to race in, complete with fearless bravery and absolute driver-driver respect...  a prime example being David Purley trying to rescue Roger Williamson in 1973....

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 13 February 2010, 11:03:46 »

I'll be watching it as I think it might be more interesting this year than previous recent years but I will be watching the WRC more closely :y

Rallying is more exciting and more technical than F1, driving a rally car takes a lot more skill than driving an F1 car as well :y

Yup, be watching that too, got the American guy made famous from you-tube and he was on top gear too, love the fact after a smash, they limp cars home with some huge damages, to get it going again.

Much better than F1  :)

ScottieMV6

• Omega Knight
  • Swinton, Manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 13 February 2010, 11:08:13 »

Yup, be watching that too, got the American guy made famous from you-tube and he was on top gear too, love the fact after a smash, they limp cars home with some huge damages, to get it going again.

You have to bring home your dead ;D

Psychoca

• Norfolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 13 February 2010, 13:00:33 »

You have to bring home your dead ;D

Rally drivers do have awesome driving abilities across all types of surface, and when things go wrong, they do go wrong... lol...  The sad thing with the British Rally is not only have they shortened it, they abolished all the "public" special stages around places like Tatton Park, where you could see them do their thing...  I would love to see a proper race of champions, covering the variety of driving styles...

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 13 February 2010, 14:24:46 »

Or by "crashing" just after he finished his qualifying lap to try to stop anyone beating his time,or blatantly using traction control when it was banned...............the list is endless, which is why imo he could never be spoken of in the same breath as the really great drivers.
I know Senna was no angel but there were depths which he wouldnt sink to, and watching him drive (without driver aids) was like watching a great artist, he had class in abundance, and scumacher had none at all.

lol

Sorry but that post made me laugh.....

Senna is my hero, 12 yrs ago we named our son Ayrton after him, but to say he wouldnt sink to depths like Schumacher is tripe......

He was THE ultimate driver, Senna, but, like Schumacher, sometimes did things that tainted his genius......

Dont you remember what Senna did to Prost in Suzuka.......??

He did nothing more than take Prost directly and intentionally off the circuit.....

« Last Edit: 13 February 2010, 14:26:01 by webby23 »

SilverSurfer

• Carrickfergus U.K.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 13 February 2010, 16:34:26 »

lol

Senna is my hero, 12 yrs ago we named our son Ayrton after him, but to say he wouldnt sink to depths like Schumacher is tripe......

He was THE ultimate driver, Senna, but, like Schumacher, sometimes did things that tainted his genius......

He did nothing more than take Prost directly and intentionally off the circuit.....

Yeah and won the championship at the first corner of the first lap of the last race of the season in doing so! ;)
« Last Edit: 13 February 2010, 16:35:06 by AMG »

Colv

• Edinburgh
  • Elmer who? You're a childs cartoon character ffs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 16 February 2010, 12:00:25 »

if we're all honest, whens the last time a championship was won in F1 without cheating in some form??

Don't get me wrong, the technical and mechanical genius involved in F1 is unparalelled but BTTC is much better to watch imo

for example, anyone remember right at the start of 2009 BTTC season when i think it was Jonothan Adam caught the back end of Jason Plato sending him practically sideways, and he remarkably pulled it back?
you don't get to see things like that in F1
« Last Edit: 16 February 2010, 12:01:03 by Colv »

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 16 February 2010, 18:06:55 »

if we're all honest, whens the last time a championship was won in F1 without cheating in some form??

Damon Hill 1996 I think............

albitz

« Reply #55 on: 16 February 2010, 18:49:35 »

Dont remember Button/Brawn cheating last year. :-/

albitz

« Reply #56 on: 16 February 2010, 19:08:27 »

lol

As I said in my post Senna was no angel, his latin temperament got the better of him sometimes and he did hate Prosts guts. What he did to Prost at Suzuka in 90 was pure revenge for the fact that Prost did the same thing to him on the same corner in 89 when they were team mates (most people seem to forget about that one).
The difference between Senna and Scumacher imo is that with Scumacher it was a mindset, he didnt believe the rules applied to him, he knew the team would have a backroom meeting with the FIA and he would get a slapped wrist at worst. His first reaction to other drivers was to intimdate them in whatever way he felt like it, no matter how dangerous the manouvre might be.
I can remember him driving Frentzen off the track just because he wanted to, they werent even on the same lap.He would have put his own brother into the pit wall at 180mph if Ralf hadnt lifted off the throttle. And the fact that every time he started on pole he drove straight across the front of the person in 2nd place causing them to lift and potentially cause a multiple pile up in the process should imo have been enough to have him banned without all the other outrageous/ dangerous/ cheating stunts he pulled during his career.
The stats suggest he is the greatest driver ever, but he wouldnt make it into my top 25.
My own personal greatest was Gilles Villeneuve, who never even won a championship.
Interestingly Scumacher tested one of Villeneuves old Ferraris at Fiorano about 10 years ago. He did a couple of warm up laps then pulled into the pits and got out. He said the car was a death trap and he wouldnt attemp to drive it really quickly, because if he had an accident in it he wouldnt stand a chance. That to me says a lot about modern F1 drivers compared to the old ones and also says a lot about what is wrong with F1 today.If people like him knew there was a very high chance of hurting themselves badly, or worse in the event of an accident, they would have to have a more responsible attitude in the car and learn their craft properly. ;)

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 16 February 2010, 20:09:55 »

well to make you all a bit green i was at the test at jerz in spain the other day!! ;D
for what its worth as we all know the teams do hide a lot in testing but!! shuey was very quick through the bends and the last of the late brakers on the straight!! but the times were not to hot,
webber was flinging his car around and looked dane fast,
button was very very smooth and looked damned quick,
alonso in the ferrari was not to hot,
the virgin racing team were only doing short bursts cos of the frint wing prob they have discovered,
the american racing car is rather ugly but quick!!
after that the sun and the beer reduced the rest of the day to a haze of noise and flashes of cars, roaring around the track!!
i reckon the season is going to be good!!! :y

albitz

« Reply #58 on: 17 February 2010, 05:41:46 »

Apparently Scummy was running so light in order to try to get up among the quick boys that he ran out of fuel as he crossed the line on his "going for a time" lap. Lets hope it is a sign of things to come. ;)
Another thought on Scummy while Im back on the subject. He didnt exactly have the highest quality oppostion during his career (he had none from his team mates for a start) Jacques Villenueve was his strongest opponent but he spat his dummy at Williams and took his career up a blind alley and never recovered from it. He then had Hakkinen to contend with for a couple of seasons when the mclaren was quick and Hakkinen was on top form,and dear old Damon was never going to be up to the job without a huge car advantage, but it in no way compares with the fact that Senna, Prost, Mansell and Piquet all had each other to contend with at the same time.Imagine what the results might have been if any one of them had been able to notch up results without the competition provided by the others. ;)
« Last Edit: 17 February 2010, 05:43:36 by albitz »

Colv

• Edinburgh
  • Elmer who? You're a childs cartoon character ffs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 17 February 2010, 06:53:35 »

Dont remember Button/Brawn cheating last year. :-/

The wing was dodgy was it not? Flexible iirc
...until a conveniently well timed rule change...

Also, I take mt BTCC comment back, Brisca F2 is where it's really at hehe  :D
anybody a stocky fan?
« Last Edit: 17 February 2010, 06:57:44 by Colv »

albitz

« Reply #60 on: 17 February 2010, 07:42:58 »

Not certain tbh, but the way I remember it other teams protested the car and after investigation the FIA declared it was legal so then the other teams copied it. :-/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.