Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: A bit of homework, Project E  (Read 37350 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: A bit of homework, Project E
« Reply #90 on: 09 December 2015, 18:52:40 »

Impressive stuff. I like the leadwork :y

I have put your name on the list for 48 square metres of lightweight concreting and tiling to finish off our upstairs. Also need some labourers to bring it in   buckets from outside  ;D ;D
Maybe we should do an OOF roadtrip to Spain, and a bit of graft, San Miguel and Sangria ;D
Grumpy old man

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 09 December 2015, 19:44:09 »

looking good there Mark :y

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 10 December 2015, 08:27:21 »

The sad thing is I have to get a spark in despite being CEng MIET and specing and designing electrical systems on a daily basis at work......pure madness.

aaronjb

« Reply #93 on: 10 December 2015, 09:17:43 »

The sad thing is I have to get a spark in..

..who will probably do everything wrong and/or in a ridiculous way, despite being certified as a competent person.

Like the spark who ran the ring main diagonally down one of my garage walls (drilling through all the steel uprights to do so - prefab concrete). Because I was never going to accidentally drill through that at some point in the future, expecting all cables to run horizontally or vertically.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 10 December 2015, 10:35:53 »

The sad thing is I have to get a spark in despite being CEng MIET and specing and designing electrical systems on a daily basis at work......pure madness.
Fortunately I have a tame spark who will happily check and connect for me, leaving me to do the cable runs and bulk of the work :y

Red tape really is a load of 'dangle berries' though.
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 10 December 2015, 10:40:59 »

Impressive stuff. I like the leadwork :y

I have put your name on the list for 48 square metres of lightweight concreting and tiling to finish off our upstairs. Also need some labourers to bring it in   buckets from outside  ;D ;D
Maybe we should do an OOF roadtrip to Spain, and a bit of graft, San Miguel and Sangria ;D

I have often thought of offering an "experience" in return for physical help. Mrs V thinks there would be no volunteers.

OOF roadtrip. Likewise has been a possibility every year. Plenty of space, pool, six berths, space to camp. Not so sure about San Miguel - that is beer for holidaymakers. Proper Spaniards drink Cruzcampo or Estrella. Might have the mother in law living with us full time next year so that would use some of the accommodation. One plus is the rural road outside our house is being revamped today - a big plus as it wasn't car friendly before.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 18 January 2016, 09:03:31 »

Blimey, been a while since I posted any progress!

But I have done a lot, did all the first fix wiring myself, sick of chasing so called pros so will work around that at the end.

All insulation between the rafters fitted and 50% of the insulated boarding on the rafter underside done to.

Two windows arrived and fitted and the bi-fold fitted to, awaiting the triangular window the frame for which is due today and the glass on Wednesday.

« Last Edit: 18 January 2016, 09:11:43 by Marks DTM Calib »

STEMO

« Reply #97 on: 18 January 2016, 14:49:50 »

Nearly there, Mark, looks great. :y

What's next?  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #98 on: 18 January 2016, 14:56:29 »

Ah....just thought....Tunnie's got a job for you. Crack on.  ;D

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 18 January 2016, 16:04:01 »

So jobs to finish this week are the triangular window and boarding out of the ceiling.

Then its off to Singers for 12 days working, when back it will be a case of prepping the feed through the wall for the under floor heating pipe work and cutting the bricks (vertical ready for wall removal and lintel fitting.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 22 February 2016, 08:28:35 »

Further progress

Ceiling is fully boarded (62.5mm insulated plasterboard) and triangular window fitted.

So job this weekend was a big one, remove the wall and install two steels.

So after just over a day and a half, having used a series of Acrow props with Strongboy attachments on the outside (through both inner and outer leafs) and planks plus Acrows on the inside plus two additional Acrows to jack the steels into place, all was done!

Although stated as not required by the Structural engineer, I have included pad stones with the steels then packed with good old welsh slate to fill the gap.

Next stage, make good the floor joints, insulate the floor, fit the UFH pipe and get the floor screeded.

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 22 February 2016, 08:57:31 »

Marvelling at how clean the back of your kitchen units are following the demolition of the external wall.
I am nearing the end of my own project E. It seems that just about every task I undertook covered the contents of the house in a layer of dust ;D
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 22 February 2016, 09:54:27 »

Marvelling at how clean the back of your kitchen units are following the demolition of the external wall.
I am nearing the end of my own project E. It seems that just about every task I undertook covered the contents of the house in a layer of dust ;D

I managed to keep most of the plasterboard in place for the duration of the work which helped a hell of a lot!

After the above photos, I created a few wooden supports for the dangling electrics so we can continue to keep using the kitchen.

I may well pin some DPM over the opening once the supports are all out to help control the mess a bit.  :y

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 22 February 2016, 16:58:39 »

Looking good Mark.  :y

Did you manage to place the internal steel so that the ceiling joists sit inside the steel to maintain a single level ceiling? If so, was there much/any disruption to the room above when you trimmed the joists?
I'm waiting for the structural engineer to do my calculations but at the moment it looks like I'll need supporting piers with pads. I would have preferred pad stones built in like yours to maintain the room width, or goal post steels to minimise the loss of a straight wall for kitchen design but will have to see what he comes up with.  :)

My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 22 February 2016, 17:11:28 »

Brilliant project. Come a long way since we saw that corpse and the buried hand! :o

Still on budget?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.