Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: FFS - Anazon Drivers  (Read 6443 times)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
FFS - Anazon Drivers
« on: 24 November 2023, 09:53:09 »

26th Oct I ordered a cordles Sonic Sanding thing - Was left outside with out a knock on the door.

Then ordered a CPU cooler - no knock on the door but left outside - packeage not boxed or bagged - No seal or cellafane wrapping,  Parts missing from delivery. (Sorted immediately over the phone)

Reordered a AIO Cooler due for delivey by 10PM Friday (Today)  saw an email saying it was delivered at 5:11pm last night.  no knock on the door and no item left outside .

Been on to Amazon Customer Services.  Been passed round a bit from 1 department to another - currently waiting for someone to get back to me before 7pm.

Whilst on FB our local village forum had quite a few posts regards Amazon, some throwing items over the fence, 1 said they had a note could not deliver due to an issue, 1 dumped behind a bin even though they were at home, and 2 more saying shown as delivered but never recieved thier package.

Evri has a complaints page on FB and the reports are shocking, our village has nothing but praise for the local delivery team, but whilst my driver was on holiday, my neighber caught the stand in driver takeing a pic of the package and then picking it up - thier excuce was they were putting it in a safer place.  When my usual driver returned they said the standin drivers were stealing allsorts but was hard to prove.
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: FFS - Anazon Drivers
« Reply #1 on: 24 November 2023, 10:05:54 »

Another situation of our own making.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 November 2023, 10:22:07 »

Just report the items as not delivered and demand a refund. Seemples.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 November 2023, 10:38:38 »

Amazon is a shitty company. And because of its market position has no incentive to improve.

Evri isn't any better but only exists because of the scale of Amazon.

UPS might be more expensive to use but there's a reason for that.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 November 2023, 10:41:31 »

Just report the items as not delivered and demand a refund. Seemples.

I do, the cooler I bought last week £29.90 was an istant refund, someone had nicked the fitting kit and dual fans.

But this is why I pay ny Paypal and funded from my Credit Card, If Amazon dont send a replacent or do a refund (This one is £129.99) then I will pursue one of the 2 payment methods.

Its that 1% of drivers that is pissing me off that dont give a fig about thier job.

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 November 2023, 11:14:17 »

Missus uses Amazon for purchases & EVRi for her sales, ( eBay & Etsy)  100 percent satisfaction with both of them , our local delivery guy is brilliant cannot praise him enough.She used to  use Royal Mail but they are totally unreliable.
« Last Edit: 24 November 2023, 11:15:57 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 November 2023, 11:19:54 »

Have worked for Evri. It's a miracle the can deliver anything  :-X

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 November 2023, 11:27:35 »

My Evri driver has just been, Brought me a parcel that I expected plus an Ebay item  that was expected today.  The Ebay item they actually tried to deliver yesterday but for some reason we didnt connect (Probably fast asleep knowowing me - but I was not aware it was due), so they took it back and delivered today.  Am impresessed as it is a heavyish metal rack system. :y

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24 November 2023, 12:14:46 »

26th Oct I ordered a cordles Sonic Sanding thing - Was left outside with out a knock on the door.

Then ordered a CPU cooler - no knock on the door but left outside - packeage not boxed or bagged - No seal or cellafane wrapping,  Parts missing from delivery. (Sorted immediately over the phone)

Reordered a AIO Cooler due for delivey by 10PM Friday (Today)  saw an email saying it was delivered at 5:11pm last night.  no knock on the door and no item left outside .

Been on to Amazon Customer Services.  Been passed round a bit from 1 department to another - currently waiting for someone to get back to me before 7pm.

Whilst on FB our local village forum had quite a few posts regards Amazon, some throwing items over the fence, 1 said they had a note could not deliver due to an issue, 1 dumped behind a bin even though they were at home, and 2 more saying shown as delivered but never recieved thier package.

Evri has a complaints page on FB and the reports are shocking, our village has nothing but praise for the local delivery team, but whilst my driver was on holiday, my neighber caught the stand in driver takeing a pic of the package and then picking it up - thier excuce was they were putting it in a safer place.  When my usual driver returned they said the standin drivers were stealing allsorts but was hard to prove.
Not hard to prove. Just that it would cost them money to monitor the drivers and they'd have to sack half of the drivers. Easier and cheaper for them to take the hit.
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24 November 2023, 19:03:49 »

They already know who's nicking what, they simply don't care.

Besides, dealing with it would confirm that it's a problem and that would look bad for business.

And these companies don't employ their front line delivery staff. Evri have franchise delivery depots, and Amazon use third party contractors to provide their drivers. That way there's a clear break between the company and the delivery teams. Plausible deniability and all that.
« Last Edit: 24 November 2023, 19:08:32 by Doctor Gollum »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24 November 2023, 20:19:29 »

Now that I can do Herpes/Evri at the PO, it seems to be more reliable sending stuff.  Purchased directly from Evri means I have to drop off at the co-op, where it sits in the aisles for several days, as Evri never bother to pick it up
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 24 November 2023, 20:41:08 »

Now that I can do Herpes/Evri at the PO, it seems to be more reliable sending stuff.  Purchased directly from Evri means I have to drop off at the co-op, where it sits in the aisles for several days, as Evri never bother to pick it up
Mostly because they're too busy trying to find someone to deliver everything else.

The criteria against which companies performance are measured focus on getting stuff out of the door rather than delivering it.

And don't get me started on how airport performance is measured  :-X

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 24 November 2023, 20:54:20 »

I ordered items from a place that used Yodel to deliver a couple of days ago, Driver turned up on time, (2 large boxes) didnt want to bring them in (told him to send them back) so he said he would pop them inside the front door (which is what I originally asked him to do) and yes the packing was battered on the corners. (Contents were ok though)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 25 November 2023, 20:37:43 »

Tomorrow could be fun.  Still waiting to speak to Amazon regards the missing AIO Cooler, they did phone twice as promiced but we couldnt hear each other (3 mobile issues seem to have returned)

I had my eye on another item, sold out during the sale yesterday but they got new stock so I have the item coming tomorrow.

The 1st time ever I have been told to use a OTP with Amazon  I reckon they should use this system with all suspect drivers.

An OTP adds an extra layer of security to your packages.

If an OTP is required, we will send a six-digit, numeric OTP to your registered email address on the package delivery day.

You can also find the OTP by selecting Track Package beside the order in Your Orders.

Your OTP is valid until the end of the delivery day.

Read the OTP you have received to the driver, in person and not over phone or intercom.

Note:

If you're not available to receive the package, you can share the OTP with someone you choose and they can receive the package for you in person. We don't recommend sharing the OTP with an unknown person. If no one can receive the package, we will re-attempt the delivery on the next working day.
    Drivers cannot leave packages unattended at the delivery address which require an OTP.
    Please don't share the OTP with the driver over the phone. If you are not available to take delivery, please ask the driver to re-attempt the delivery when you or someone you choose will be at the delivery address.
    If you are not the recipient of this package or have ordered the item as a gift for someone else, please forward the recipient this password and refer them to these guidelines.

I like this, used it when Argos delivered my new mobile.  Makes compleate sence :y

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 27 November 2023, 08:10:20 »

Well that was interesting.  Yesterdays delivery with the OTP went without a hitch as expected.

Seems I have 3 seperate packages coming today. ::)

The 1st ordered yesterday has allready been delivered.  I had not realised it was set for 12Am - 1PM delivery.  Got to be honest it was the earliest delivery I have had from them, mine normally arrive in the afternoon/evening.

2nd one is set to be here by 2PM

The last one here by10PM

Plus 2 seperate packages tomrrow.

Thats just Amazon.

Credit Cards had a busy weekend :-[

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.