Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: CCR2005 Headunit Code  (Read 2202 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
CCR2005 Headunit Code
« on: 12 February 2010, 21:01:27 »

How long does it take for CCR2005 to 'loose' its code? Just changed the battery on father tuns 2.2 (was original! lasted 9 years!  :o)

No battery was present for a good 30 seconds to 1 min, it did not need the code entering, and it remembered all the radio stations  :)
« Last Edit: 12 February 2010, 21:01:45 by tunnie »

MickAP

• Omega Knight
  • South Derbyshire
  • Facelift 2.5TD Estate "Chipped" not anymore
    • View Profile
Re: CCR2005 Headunit Code
« Reply #1 on: 12 February 2010, 21:07:47 »

I swopped one recently and it was already decoded.
So when reinstalled it worked ok and kept the pre-sets.
Maybe yours is the same. :y

Mick

Welung666

« Reply #2 on: 12 February 2010, 21:08:14 »

2005's are coded to the car when fitted, don't try fitting it in another car though as it will lock it solid!

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 February 2010, 21:09:05 »

nah its not been decoded, had since it was new, was a company lease car which was purchased when the scheme was canceled. Its about as factory standard as you get, and the radio has never been taken out / tampered with at-all

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 February 2010, 21:10:00 »

2005's are coded to the car when fitted, don't try fitting it in another car though as it will lock it solid!

You can fit them in other cars, just enter the code. Its the NCDC 2013/2015's which are paired to the cars immobilisers and useless in other cars....

Welung666

« Reply #5 on: 12 February 2010, 21:19:08 »

You can fit them in other cars, just enter the code. Its the NCDC 2013/2015's which are paired to the cars immobilisers and useless in other cars....

I was close ;D You can fit it in another car and enter the code but it won't ask when you refit it to the original car then ;)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 February 2010, 23:02:49 »

NCDC not paired to the immobiliser but generally uses the same security code  ;)

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #7 on: 13 February 2010, 08:01:04 »

I was close ;D You can fit it in another car and enter the code but it won't ask when you refit it to the original car then ;)

Nope, wrong on both counts.

2005 is NOT paired to a specific car, and will need its 4 digit code entered when reconnected, irrespective of the vehicle its going into.

Not uncommon to retain its memory for near 10 mins though, but that is certainly not the norm.

;)
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #8 on: 13 February 2010, 08:03:34 »

NCDC not paired to the immobiliser but generally uses the same security code  ;)

Correct, its a bit of a hybrid system - whilst the later CAN stereos are indeed paired to the actual car itself, the NCXX stereos are simply paired to each of its own components, head, changer, telematics etc, all of which are paired together using the same pairing code from the original vehicle

;)
www.dndservices.co.uk

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 February 2010, 09:44:28 »

How long does it take for CCR2005 to 'loose' its code? Just changed the battery on father tuns 2.2 (was original! lasted 9 years!  :o)

No battery was present for a good 30 seconds to 1 min, it did not need the code entering, and it remembered all the radio stations  :)
cdr500s normally retain radio stations (after a search) whilst changing battery. Suspect 2005 will be same.

Should ask for code, unless code disabled (Please read the manual!)
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 February 2010, 09:45:47 »

cdr500s normally retain radio stations (after a search) whilst changing battery. Suspect 2005 will be same.

Should ask for code, unless code disabled (Please read the manual!)

No need, got this place  ;D

Don't re-call the code being disabled  :-/

charlie

• sunderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 14 February 2010, 19:47:20 »

Took battery off to charge over night put code in, in the morning done the same again didnt need code?????? :-/

Wag

• Derby
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 15 February 2010, 15:03:32 »

I changed my battery last weekend. Same CCR2005 model. Snapped the battery retaining plate bolt off when undoing. I filed it flat, centre popped it, drilled it out, tapped it swapped the battery. Reconnected up and my head unit didnt need a code and remembered all presets!! Must have been disconnected well over 15mins. Was expecting a decode bill 4 sure - as I had no code when I bought the car.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 15 February 2010, 15:51:01 »

Correct, its a bit of a hybrid system - whilst the later CAN stereos are indeed paired to the actual car itself, the NCXX stereos are simply paired to each of its own components, head, changer, telematics etc, all of which are paired together using the same pairing code from the original vehicle

;)

Actualy, the later CAN bus setups arnt paried to the car either. I have done loads of testing for that on my mum bus with a CD30MP3 and CD70

They are paired to the Display, Bluetooth (if fitted), DAB (if fitted) and thats about it.

They do have the chassis number entered into them but, this can be changed with Tech2 easily (and is also a method for getting the security code from a friendly dealer !  :y) and none of the other body systems check this.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 15 February 2010, 16:25:12 »

;)

Actualy, the later CAN bus setups arnt paried to the car either. I have done loads of testing for that on my mum bus with a CD30MP3 and CD70

They are paired to the Display, Bluetooth (if fitted), DAB (if fitted) and thats about it.

They do have the chassis number entered into them but, this can be changed with Tech2 easily (and is also a method for getting the security code from a friendly dealer !  :y) and none of the other body systems check this.
Which reminds me, Mr DTM, I have that CD70 for you to test, and ensure is in delivery mode for me :y
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 15 February 2010, 16:36:19 »

;)

Which reminds me, Mr DTM, I have that CD70 for you to test, and ensure is in delivery mode for me :y

Made that loom yet?  ::)

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #16 on: 15 February 2010, 16:59:29 »

;)

So if the head unit has the chassis number of the car programmed into it . .

. . . . . That makes it paired to the car, doesn`t it ?

::)

Agreed its not the most secure pairing, but it still pairing, and if the chassis number in the stereo is different, it won`t work.
 ;)
www.dndservices.co.uk

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 15 February 2010, 20:12:47 »

;)

Can't get the CD70 to work with an Omega display.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 15 February 2010, 20:13:35 »

;)

Agreed its not the most secure pairing, but it still pairing, and if the chassis number in the stereo is different, it won`t work.
 ;)
I'm guessing MDTM means that it doesn't actually check the VINs as part of security coding...
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 15 February 2010, 20:14:01 »

;)

Thought the loom was for that spare NCDCxx you wanted to test?  :-/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 15 February 2010, 20:14:57 »

;)

Thought the loom was for that spare NCDCxx you wanted to test?  :-/
Whats that got to do with the CD70 I was referring to in this thread?
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 15 February 2010, 20:19:36 »

nothing... just asking if you made that loom yet  ::)  ;D

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 15 February 2010, 22:04:48 »

;)

;)

No, chassis number is only in the display or maybe it was the headunit but (cant recall), its only in one of them. The software on any of the units or even the vehicle does nothing with respect to checking chassis numbers (I ran mine for a few weeks with the wrong chassis number as a check)

The only thing they do is the same as the NCDC's...they check the pin number (or at least an encoded version of it) when turned on.

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #23 on: 15 February 2010, 23:18:48 »

Nope, disagree completely

Chassis number is in both display and head unit, as is the PUK code, but is often encrypted, and not always shown as a straight 17 digit VIN. - depends on software version of head unit.

Some of the Delco head unts can have VIN number stored in up to three locations also, and one of these will always be encrypted.
www.dndservices.co.uk

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 16 February 2010, 08:33:45 »

Chassis number is in both display and head unit, as is the PUK code, but is often encrypted, and not always shown as a straight 17 digit VIN. - depends on software version of head unit.

Some of the Delco head unts can have VIN number stored in up to three locations also, and one of these will always be encrypted.

Ok, well thats put some T2 facts in here then to get the in car findings (and clearly, when doing some of the programming, the unit firmware may well place some of the info in multiple places).

T2 only gives access to programming (and re-programming) VIN number on one of the units. This is how I un-paired my second hand set as I read the VIN number with T2 and then ordered the PIN number from Vx based on this info.

I ran my setup, having not un-paired or changed the VIN number on it for 2 months and hence it was effectively 'alien' to the car but, no faults were reported on any other systems and it functioned perfectly.

Once I got round to getting the PIN number I simply went in and unpaired the setup (whilst fitted in the car), then re-paired it using my vehicle PIN and then changed the VIN using T2.

The only change is it now has the correct PIN for the vehicle and VIN is updated to match the chassis.

Job done.  :y :y

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #25 on: 16 February 2010, 09:15:43 »

Ok, well thats put some T2 facts in here then to get the in car findings (and clearly, when doing some of the programming, the unit firmware may well place some of the info in multiple places).

T2 only gives access to programming (and re-programming) VIN number on one of the units. This is how I un-paired my second hand set as I read the VIN number with T2 and then ordered the PIN number from Vx based on this info.

I ran my setup, having not un-paired or changed the VIN number on it for 2 months and hence it was effectively 'alien' to the car but, no faults were reported on any other systems and it functioned perfectly.

Once I got round to getting the PIN number I simply went in and unpaired the setup (whilst fitted in the car), then re-paired it using my vehicle PIN and then changed the VIN using T2.

The only change is it now has the correct PIN for the vehicle and VIN is updated to match the chassis.

From your descriptions, I`m guessing that you are using a very early Blaupunkt CD30 ? It has virtually zero encryption and the data can easily be viewed.

Some of the later ones will require you to monitor the CAN data communications as well, and you will find that the Tech2 is exceptionally limited in what it can analyse.
www.dndservices.co.uk

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 16 February 2010, 09:16:57 »

From your descriptions, I`m guessing that you are using a very early Blaupunkt CD30 ? It has virtually zero encryption and the data can easily be viewed.

Some of the later ones will require you to monitor the CAN data communications as well, and you will find that the Tech2 is exceptionally limited in what it can analyse.

Nope, tested using a 2007 CD30 MP3 and a 2007 CD70 (dates taken from radio label).

Both used with a CID and GID  :y

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #27 on: 16 February 2010, 09:35:38 »

Actualy, the later CAN bus setups arnt paried to the car either. I have done loads of testing for that on my mum bus with a CD30MP3 and CD70 . . . .

. . . . Once I got round to getting the PIN number I simply went in and unpaired the setup (whilst fitted in the car), then re-paired it using my vehicle PIN and then changed the VIN using T2.

Not disputing how they are programmed using the vehicle pin number, I`m disputing the fact that you said that they are not programmed to the car.

So why do you need the vehicle PIN number to be entered then before it will work in the car?

To me, thats a paired unit !!   ::)

In the early days of swapping these around, the heads and displays were sold as matched pairs, and it was found that they worked fine together, and in a vehicle without the need for any PIN codes to be entered. However, there is a very dark and expensive downside to this - when connected to Tech2, and a particular application performed, the unknown pin and radio details from the new radio could actually be irreversibly transferred to the rest of the vehicle meaning that future interrogation of Tech2 could no longer be performed as the vehicle PIN code had been altered and is now effectively unknown. It can be a four figure job to put right -

Should you be amongst the many in this situation, we can now rewrite many of the ECU`s affected, but not all.
www.dndservices.co.uk

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 16 February 2010, 09:43:10 »

Not disputing how they are programmed using the vehicle pin number, I`m disputing the fact that you said that they are not programmed to the car.

There not though, if they were then the BCM, REC, UEC, ECU etc etc would be looking at the radio or display PIN (or the VIN) during power up (e.g. ignition on) and blocking the functions off. It does not do this outside of the radio/display (plus ancillaries e.g. DAB and Bluetooth) and hence from a security perspective, sits as a standalone setup.

Hence its not coded to the car.

And if somebody was insanely incompitent with Tech2 and did blow the pin through (I will double check but not seen a function for VIN/PIN alignment) then again, its simply a case of getting the PIN from Vx using the (in-correct for the vehicle) VIN number and reversing the damage.

Simples!  :y

« Last Edit: 16 February 2010, 09:44:50 by Mark »

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #29 on: 16 February 2010, 10:10:00 »

There not though, if they were then the BCM, REC, UEC, ECU etc etc would be looking at the radio or display PIN (or the VIN) during power up (e.g. ignition on) and blocking the functions off. It does not do this outside of the radio/display (plus ancillaries e.g. DAB and Bluetooth) and hence from a security perspective, sits as a standalone setup.

Hence its not coded to the car.

And if somebody was insanely incompitent with Tech2 and did blow the pin through (I will double check but not seen a function for VIN/PIN alignment) then again, its simply a case of getting the PIN from Vx using the (in-correct for the vehicle) VIN number and reversing the damage.

Simples!  :y

I think we`ll agree to differ on this one.   :-X
www.dndservices.co.uk
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.