Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help! cant get the car from park!  (Read 1052 times)

Icelander

• Akureyri in Iceland
  • Omega 2.5 auto estate '98 minifacelift
    • View Profile
Help! cant get the car from park!
« on: 05 January 2012, 09:26:38 »

I have a '98 omega 2.5 v6 auto sitting in front of my house, useless because i cant get it from park.

But im not sure if its the brakelight switch.. You see.. usually when pressing the brake... the brake light test on the screen goes out, brakelights go on, a loud click is heard around the selector and easy to put into park.

But now when pressing the brake... the brake light test on the screen goes out, brakelights go on, a weak click is heard around the selector and impossible to put into park.

So my guessing is that either the brakelight switch or connection is making resistance so the solenoid in the lock mechanism for park, only gets half voltage and does not work, or the problem would be in the solenoid..?

Im going the check the brakelight switch connection etc when i go out....
Any ideas are most welcome

And by the way i also get autobox fault on my screen after few mins of trying to get out of park.

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
Re: Help! cant get the car from park!
« Reply #1 on: 05 January 2012, 09:30:31 »

I have a '98 omega 2.5 v6 auto sitting in front of my house, useless because i cant get it from park.
But im not sure if its the brakelight switch.. You see.. usually when pressing the brake... the brake light test on the screen goes out, brakelights go on, a loud click is heard around the selector and easy to put into park.

But now when pressing the brake... the brake light test on the screen goes out, brakelights go on, a weak click is heard around the selector and impossible to put into park.

So my guessing is that either the brakelight switch or connection is making resistance so the solenoid in the lock mechanism for park, only gets half voltage and does not work, or the problem would be in the solenoid..?

Im going the check the brakelight switch connection etc when i go out....
Any ideas are most welcome

And by the way i also get autobox fault on my screen after few mins of trying to get out of park.
Prise the plastic gearlever surround up and press the yellow lever to release from "Park"
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

sneakypenguin

• Intermediate Member
  • Birmingham
  • Xbox gamertag MagicGinjaninja
    • 07 Volvo V70 T5
    • View Profile
Re: Help! cant get the car from park!
« Reply #2 on: 05 January 2012, 17:09:44 »

I had this on mine ages ago, would intermittently stop working then eventually gave out all together, changed brake light switch but that did nothing. As rob above has said, push the yellow tab forward then you can move it out of park. On mine I bent the tab out of the way as it got annoying having to do that everytime  ::)
07 Volvo V70 T5 SE ex police
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 23 queries.