Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Landline woes now!  (Read 2809 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: Landline woes now!
« Reply #15 on: 07 December 2023, 14:55:50 »

The young lady at BT I'm currently on the phone to has just informed me she's showing as being in my account for three hours now  :) Still no further on.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07 December 2023, 14:58:12 »

I have to say: I've been on and off the phone to BT about 7/8 times over the last ten days, including keeping one young lady ten minutes past her nine o'clock finish. Every customer service agent has been polite, patient and helpful.

I won't go into the details, it would take forever. Even though, to me, it's quite simple.
Diesel till I die

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07 December 2023, 15:07:56 »

I have to say: I've been on and off the phone to BT about 7/8 times over the last ten days, including keeping one young lady ten minutes past her nine o'clock finish. Every customer service agent has been polite, patient and helpful.

I won't go into the details, it would take forever. Even though, to me, it's quite simple.

I found the same. If they had been quicker to install the FTTP, I would happily have stayed with them for my broadband.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07 December 2023, 15:18:29 »

If they had been quicker to install the FTTP
There are supposed to be doing mine in 2023.  Guessing that might be late.

Still, I'll survive, currently have 900Mb synchronous with Swish (its actually a 1Gb services, but nobody is allowed to advertise 1Gb as 1Gb, hence they are all called 900Mb), and a 500Mb synchronous with Gigaclear.  So now only needing Openreach to sort FTTP so I can migrate the Zen line over to FTTP.  I think my BT FTTC has stopped working, I probably really should check. CBA though.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07 December 2023, 22:20:48 »

At the conclusion of my marathon today, my problem still wasn't fully resolved, but I got £55 out of them.
Diesel till I die

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 08 December 2023, 08:18:22 »

At the conclusion of my marathon today, my problem still wasn't fully resolved, but I got £55 out of them.
Not sure if your issue was "landline" or broadband.  But, I mean, how hard is it to provide such a simple* service?

*I accept that the amount of complexity in providing both is high once you start getting back to more common areas, but assuming this issue is specific to your line, so assuming its simply a pair of wires and/or a bit of glass.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 08 December 2023, 11:33:30 »

Not sure if your issue was "landline" or broadband.  But, I mean, how hard is it to provide such a simple* service?

*I accept that the amount of complexity in providing both is high once you start getting back to more common areas, but assuming this issue is specific to your line, so assuming its simply a pair of wires and/or a bit of glass.
I was on BT fibre halo 3 100+. I renewed my contract and they changed me to digital voice, I thought that was it. When I did a speed test (after they disconnected me for two days for some reason) I was getting 72Mb down and 20 up, used to be 140. After much back and forth, they agreed I had been mis-sold my new contract, but they couldn't do anything about it because Openreach weren't accepting any new orders for my area until fttp had been implemented. They said my area had 'turned black'  :-\
I could have cancelled and gone to another provider but, as they would have to go through Openreach, the result would have been the same. I could have gone with Virgin.......no. So I'm stuck, with some money as compo.
I refuse to get uppity about it, life's too short.
Diesel till I die

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 08 December 2023, 16:29:23 »

I was on BT fibre halo 3 100+. I renewed my contract and they changed me to digital voice, I thought that was it. When I did a speed test (after they disconnected me for two days for some reason) I was getting 72Mb down and 20 up, used to be 140. After much back and forth, they agreed I had been mis-sold my new contract, but they couldn't do anything about it because Openreach weren't accepting any new orders for my area until fttp had been implemented. They said my area had 'turned black'  :-\
I could have cancelled and gone to another provider but, as they would have to go through Openreach, the result would have been the same. I could have gone with Virgin.......no. So I'm stuck, with some money as compo.

Just checked mine (FTTP): 487 Mb/s download and 427 Mb/s upload.  :o

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 08 December 2023, 16:33:39 »

I don't need those kind of speeds. I'm in Yorkshire and, up here, Tha gets what tha's given  ;D
Diesel till I die

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 08 December 2023, 17:24:09 »

I won't mention my 950 down, 970 up ;D.

But like STEMO, its not essential, so its being cancelled now my much cheaper Gigaclear has arrive, at half the speed...
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 08 December 2023, 17:25:27 »

So they sold you an FTTP product when you couldn't yet get it, so put you on an FTTC one.  Presumably your 140Mb one was g.fast? Openreach still off that, even on exchanges no longer accepting copper orders.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 08 December 2023, 18:49:07 »

So they sold you an FTTP product when you couldn't yet get it, so put you on an FTTC one.  Presumably your 140Mb one was g.fast? Openreach still off that, even on exchanges no longer accepting copper orders.
I'm over it. I can use my iPad and stream Amazon Prime Video so that will do.
Diesel till I die
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 18 queries.