Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: OE Springs  (Read 2603 times)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
Re: OE Springs
« Reply #30 on: 03 February 2014, 16:01:59 »

I've just had a very interesting chat with Matt at AllGerman. He tells me that much OE stuff is made by Suplex, and would recommend their springs. He rang ZF while I was on the phone, and said it appears that the Boge 25-964-0 are to be discontinued by ZF who have none in stock. He also recommended Kilen and Leisure Force (same company). A pair of Suplex rear springs for my Estate would be £134 delivered. However I have tracked down a pair of the Boge via Camberley AF for somewhat less off their trade card. I'll post the actual price when I get them.  :y

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 06 February 2014, 18:57:40 »

I have now removed my old springs, but the BOGE 25-964-0 listed by ZF as the correct ones for the TD Estate, are 25mm shorter than the originals. I am sure they will fit, but I have no wish to reduce my ride height. Useful comments welcomed. :-\ :-\ :-\

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 06 February 2014, 19:07:16 »

I have now removed my old springs, but the BOGE 25-964-0 listed by ZF as the correct ones for the TD Estate, are 25mm shorter than the originals. I am sure they will fit, but I have no wish to reduce my ride height. Useful comments welcomed. :-\ :-\ :-\
unloaded length of springs do sometimes grow over time, as the spring loses its strength.
Grumpy old man

chrisgixer

« Reply #33 on: 06 February 2014, 23:12:57 »

Rrrrrravin iiiiit ;D

chrisgixer

« Reply #34 on: 06 February 2014, 23:17:29 »

Have you I.D'd the original springs? Are they rough road/heavy duty or whatever? Should be two letter ident printed in them. Someone with epc should be able to give the relevant description.

Mine came with a ride height a good 20mm higher that any other car at one of the oof meets a couple of years back. The springs where reluctant to come out due to the increased length. And where not standard.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 07 February 2014, 09:55:05 »

Just scraped the dirt off, and they are marked LO. :-\  Also having done some searching I have found a length for te correct springs as 275mm.  These BOGE are 275mm, so I am now happy.  :y :y :y
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.