Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: InfraRed locking  (Read 1820 times)

JoeRadosavljevich

• Serbia
    • '94 LPG'd Omega 2.0 16V
    • View Profile
InfraRed locking
« on: 05 July 2013, 22:52:45 »

Just need an opinion on Infrared Locking system on early model Omega's.

Have been saying to myself; ''No Joe, you can't get your infrared remote locking system fixed because the ignition switch/barrel on the steering column has been changed and now you start your car with another key rather than the original/factory one.''

Conclusion: 2 original factory keys are still here and serving to manually lock and unlock the car BUT am not able to programme IR central locking unit because I start the car with another key.

Am I wrong folks?

Murph

• Dartford, Kent
    • 2.5 Estate
    • View Profile
Re: InfraRed locking
« Reply #1 on: 05 July 2013, 23:26:32 »

I use an IR ECU from a Vectra in my Carlton and it works fine - the Carlton key is way different.
I'd say as long as your key has the correct immob chip in it - which it does or it wouldn't start - then you should be fine.

Turn the ignition on and press the lock/unlock buttons and it should sync.

JoeRadosavljevich

• Serbia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 July 2013, 09:52:59 »

I am sorry Murph, I haven't made myself very much clear. Haven't mentioned that the key I normally start the car with has no infrared thing on itself, you know, like the original one's have...  Seems to me like a random key taken from some other Vauxhall... Maybe fancy looking days of locking/unlocking the car from a distance are over?

Murph

• Dartford, Kent
    • 2.5 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 July 2013, 16:40:34 »

Do you still have the old IR remotes from the car?
If so they will work just fine.

JoeRadosavljevich

• Serbia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 July 2013, 22:15:52 »

Yes Murph, I do have them, if two factory IR keys is what you mean. When I press the large button with an Opel/VX symbol on it, nothing happens. The LED indicator on it does shine, though.

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 July 2013, 10:29:29 »

My 1994 Omega had a dark dome up by the interior light. I had to point the key at the dome to unlock the car.

If I didn't start the engine within about 20 seconds I had to take the key out of the ignition to point it at the dome again to release the immobiliser. There was no chip & transponder involved. I can't remember if there was any way of syncing the key to the car :-\ I can't see how it would have been possible because I had to take the key out of the ignition to point it at the dome :-\

Poxy system. Glad to be rid of it. I imagine your immobiliser has been bypassed because a previous owner was sick of it but I also imagine it should be possible to get the locking to work without re-enabling the immobiliser :-\
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

JoeRadosavljevich

• Serbia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 July 2013, 11:54:06 »

Poxy system. Glad to be rid of it. I imagine your immobiliser has been bypassed because a previous owner was sick of it but I also imagine it should be possible to get the locking to work without re-enabling the immobiliser :-\

You imagine correct. Even to me, it does seem like the previous owner was wasting his/her spare time playing with this purple beauty. Smells like the immobiliser topic is a taboo around this forum. Is that what you're trying to say?

Thanks for the input, Andy my man. Highly appreciated. Wish I could be of any help other than the car  :)
« Last Edit: 07 July 2013, 12:00:43 by JoeRadosavljevich »

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 July 2013, 15:12:41 »

You imagine correct. Even to me, it does seem like the previous owner was wasting his/her spare time playing with this purple beauty. Smells like the immobiliser topic is a taboo around this forum. Is that what you're trying to say?

Thanks for the input, Andy my man. Highly appreciated. Wish I could be of any help other than the car  :)
Sorry, I might have given the impression that I disabled the immobiliser on my 1994 car, I didn't, I got rid of the whole car & got a newer one  :)

Some members on this forum do have the knowledge of how the early immobiliser is wired but they will be very reluctant to pass it on to anyone they don't know personally. I think the information is all in the wiring diagrams if you know where to look :-\
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.