Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: engine breathers, 4 pot, urgent  (Read 1410 times)

JoeRadosavljevich

• Serbia
    • '94 LPG'd Omega 2.0 16V
    • View Profile
engine breathers, 4 pot, urgent
« on: 15 November 2013, 16:56:16 »

I need an opinion from the 4 cylinder masters, please.

Does the largest in diameter breather pipe, the one that's partially rubber hose and attaches to the metal pipe, have some kind of filter inside of it? Today, I tried to poke it (in order to see if it's blocked or not) with a really thin wire and couldn't get past couple of inches in depth?

I really need an answer on this, please!

martin42

Re: engine breathers, 4 pot, urgent
« Reply #1 on: 15 November 2013, 17:26:03 »

Is this man inches or women inches, ;D

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 November 2013, 17:50:41 »

Does the largest in diameter breather pipe, the one that's partially rubber hose and attaches to the metal pipe, have some kind of filter inside of it? Today, I tried to poke it (in order to see if it's blocked or not) with a really thin wire and couldn't get past couple of inches in depth?

If you mean the hose attached to the crankcase breather pipe, no it doesn`t have a filter, it`s a straight through pipe
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 November 2013, 22:09:08 »

No filters on the crank case breathers, all should be clear. The one from the cam cover to the back of the throttle body and attaches to metal pipe (one you are think are describing) should be clear, it can block if oil changes are left too long. These uses to be less than £1 but think they are more like £9 now from a dealer. I used a metal coat hanger and bottle of carb cleaner to flush it out.  :y

This is help section,  try to help rather than constantly post crappy jokes!

Shallow Al

• Lymington, Hampshire.
    • 3.0 Litre Elite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 November 2013, 03:00:41 »

Mine has coarse wire gauze in a box on top of the metal breather pipe from the crank case. Then it goes into the cam cover. Think its an oil separator. Tutu's don't seem to have this, so maybe it was deemed a waste of time. Mine gets a bit oily and thats all.
But not sure which breather is being asked about? :-\
I used to know everything. Then I got married.

Shallow Al

• Lymington, Hampshire.
    • 3.0 Litre Elite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 November 2013, 03:10:38 »

If its the larger of the two rubber pipes on the other side of the cam cover, then that sounds blocked alright, and if thats blocked then the small one, and the jet it goes too in the throttle body will need cleaning too.
........alright......clean everything. :y
I used to know everything. Then I got married.

JoeRadosavljevich

• Serbia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 November 2013, 22:38:21 »

Funny, but I didn't laugh. I kid you not.

If you mean the hose attached to the crankcase breather pipe, no it doesn`t have a filter, it`s a straight through pipe

The really large (elbow like) breather, the one on top, on the RIGHT side of the motor, facing it. But I think you may be one of the masters on the subject so I will take your word for granted. Thank you, I really appreciate it.

No filters on the crank case breathers, all should be clear. The one from the cam cover to the back of the throttle body and attaches to metal pipe (one you are think are describing) should be clear, it can block if oil changes are left too long. These uses to be less than £1 but think they are more like £9 now from a dealer. I used a metal coat hanger and bottle of carb cleaner to flush it out.  :y

This is help section,  try to help rather than constantly post crappy jokes!

That's a good comeback. I kindly thank you.

If its the larger of the two rubber pipes on the other side of the cam cover, then that sounds blocked alright, and if thats blocked then the small one, and the jet it goes too in the throttle body will need cleaning too.
........alright......clean everything. :y

Thank you, wise Al.

JoeRadosavljevich

• Serbia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 November 2013, 22:49:42 »

The reason I asked, for everyone involved, is that I noticed grey smoke coming from the oil filler cap but none from the dipstick tube. (is this possible anyhow? )
Went to a local mechanic, showed him the concern, he took the dipstick out, removed clamps from the rubber hose of the above mentioned breather and said that the reason why the metal pipe was blocked is that it had filter in it hence why I could not poke thin wire through it.

I doubted every single word he said and told to myself, good thing I have masters of this car I can refer to.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.