Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 109   Go Down

Author Topic: What has P*ssed you off today?  (Read 134249 times)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Re: What has P*ssed you off today?
« Reply #240 on: 27 January 2023, 17:59:58 »

I’ll tell you what really pissed me off today.

I was following a 2016 Jag. XF I think.

Big, wide road. Excellent visibility. Dry. Not frozen. No notable hazards.

He was doing 45. In a national. Pretty sure he had kids in the car.

Safe as houses to do so, so I went for an overtake. Went out first for a look, confirmed it was definitely safe and “on”, and committed.

The @rsehole floored it, trying to leave me stuck out on the wrong side of the road. Took his speed from 45, up to significantly higher.

No match for the 4.4 V8, so I also kicked it down and continued to pass. In all honesty I was over the speed limit by the time I came back in, so I eased back to 60.

He spent the next 2 miles glued to my bumper, so close, that I could only just see his lights.

Why do people drive so slowly, and the get SO butthurt when people then go around them? 

I hadn’t been close to him, I just patiently waited for a decent overtaking spot and took it. 

Wrist shakers.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 27 January 2023, 18:03:19 »

Driving back from Diss in a rapidly gathering dusk and was surprised, though why i don't know, by the amount of oncoming traffic with only useless side lights or nothing at all.  Morons.  >:(
« Last Edit: 27 January 2023, 18:05:58 by ronnyd »

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 27 January 2023, 18:06:18 »

Driving back from Diss in a rapidly happening dusk and was surprised, though why i don't know, by the amount of oncoming traffic with only useless side lights or nothing at all.  Morons.  >:(
A rapidly happening dusk, very poetic Ronny  ;D

Bet you language wasn't very poetic  ::)
Diesel till I die

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 27 January 2023, 18:14:03 »

The @rsehole floored it, trying to leave me stuck out on the wrong side of the road. Took his speed from 45, up to significantly higher.

had the same happen to me a couple of days ago  >:(
NOT a Jag though , a BMW
mot sure what model BMW because ,there seem to be more BMWs & Mercs on the road these days than bits of gravel  :D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 27 January 2023, 18:14:32 »

Sounds like there could be a case against the XF driver for dangerous driving ?
Deliberately and wilfully endangering other road users ?
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 27 January 2023, 18:22:03 »

Driving back from Diss in a rapidly happening dusk and was surprised, though why i don't know, by the amount of oncoming traffic with only useless side lights or nothing at all.  Morons.  >:(

That's why i edited it.  ;D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 27 January 2023, 18:23:14 »

That's why i edited it.  ;D
That's why I always quote, it saves any wriggling out of things misunderstandings  ;D
Diesel till I die

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 28 January 2023, 15:06:36 »

Big, wide road. Excellent visibility. Dry. Not frozen. No notable hazards.

He was doing 45. In a national. Pretty sure he had kids in the car.

Safe as houses to do so, so I went for an overtake. Went out first for a look, confirmed it was definitely safe and “on”, and committed.

No match for the 4.4 V8, so I also kicked it down and continued to pass. In all honesty I was over the speed limit by the time I came back in, so I eased back to 60.

He spent the next 2 miles glued to my bumper, so close, that I could only just see his lights.

Why do people drive so slowly, and the get SO butthurt when people then go around them? 

I hadn’t been close to him, I just patiently waited for a decent overtaking spot and took it. 

Wrist shakers.

Partly why I have a dashcam in both cars in our house. One of them front & rear facing. Not that expensive to do these days.

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 28 January 2023, 22:09:11 »

Yep.

At minimum, you'd get a S3 "due care" offence home. My front and rear dash cam would show that all day long. But being brutally honest, it would also show me flooring it to keep passing him, when in reflection, I should have probably just dropped back and aborted the overtake  :-X >:D

Dangerous driving has to be endorsed by CPS (being an "either way" offence) and the sad reality these days, is that you have to go some, beyond belief, to get someone into court for Dangerous Driving, as opposed to careless. And, with the new Attourney General disclosure guidelines, it's a ballache of a file to put together, meaning, only the worst of the worst "dangerous" cases ever get prosecuted. (Think, making off from police, driving along pavements full of kids, etc).

But... (and sorry to be cynical), what's the ficking point anymore. I could spend hours getting it into court, only for some softly softly magistrate to fine him the cost of a mars bar, because he has mental health issues, arising from 50 years ago he was offended by his mothers brothers friends sisters aunties cousins dog calling him a naughty name on facebook.

My bag of ficks is literally empty.... I just wrote him off as a wrist shaker, and continued my day....

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 28 January 2023, 22:50:43 »

Yep.

At minimum, you'd get a S3 "due care" offence home. My front and rear dash cam would show that all day long. But being brutally honest, it would also show me flooring it to keep passing him, when in reflection, I should have probably just dropped back and aborted the overtake  :-X >:D

Dangerous driving has to be endorsed by CPS (being an "either way" offence) and the sad reality these days, is that you have to go some, beyond belief, to get someone into court for Dangerous Driving, as opposed to careless. And, with the new Attourney General disclosure guidelines, it's a ballache of a file to put together, meaning, only the worst of the worst "dangerous" cases ever get prosecuted. (Think, making off from police, driving along pavements full of kids, etc).

But... (and sorry to be cynical), what's the ficking point anymore. I could spend hours getting it into court, only for some softly softly magistrate to fine him the cost of a mars bar, because he has mental health issues, arising from 50 years ago he was offended by his mothers brothers friends sisters aunties cousins dog calling him a naughty name on facebook.

My bag of ficks is literally empty.... I just wrote him off as a wrist shaker, and continued my day....

Come on! You can't expect gen Z's to be held accountable for their actions. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: 28 January 2023, 23:00:03 »

And if you do drop back they almost always brake to match your speed.

Mind you when you inevitably nudge their rear quarter, they will end up much worse off.

They tend to be entitled slightly older men with a chip on their shoulder, but beyond getting shouty aren't worth a wet wipe. Being of a reasonable size, my experience with that type on individual is that they tend to pipe down quite quickly when you get out of the car.

Had a similar experience in an ex plod Omega and a can't in a BMW E46 estate. Happy to do 35 in a 60 only to cop the right arse when I pulled out to pass him. Got to a significant speed before a car came around the roundabout a ways ahead of us and he realised that he needed to brake for it, but when I tried to tuck in behind him he did his best to out brake me, which only left me the offside verge.

Fortunately someone in an old Defender behind me saw what happened and swung round the roundabout to pull me out of gravel.

Nowadays I will only bother if I am carrying significantly more speed and the road allows a full bore pass, but traffic these days tends to curtail such opportunity.

It used to be that 10% was enough of a margin, but the way cars, and their drivers, are these days you need to be up at at least 30/40% faster to pass cleanly :-\
Onanists always think outside the box.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 28 January 2023, 23:09:22 »

And if you do drop back they almost always brake to match your speed.

Mind you when you inevitably nudge their rear quarter, they will end up much worse off.

They tend to be entitled slightly older men with a chip on their shoulder, but beyond getting shouty aren't worth a wet wipe. Being of a reasonable size, my experience with that type on individual is that they tend to pipe down quite quickly when you get out of the car.

Had a similar experience in an ex plod Omega and a can't in a BMW E46 estate. Happy to do 35 in a 60 only to cop the right arse when I pulled out to pass him. Got to a significant speed before a car came around the roundabout a ways ahead of us and he realised that he needed to brake for it, but when I tried to tuck in behind him he did his best to out brake me, which only left me the offside verge.

Fortunately someone in an old Defender behind me saw what happened and swung round the roundabout to pull me out of gravel.

Nowadays I will only bother if I am carrying significantly more speed and the road allows a full bore pass, but traffic these days tends to curtail such opportunity.

It used to be that 10% was enough of a margin, but the way cars, and their drivers, are these days you need to be up at at least 30/40% faster to pass cleanly :-\

I just have visions of some angry little herbert giving it large, and you unfolding yourself out an Omega to ask "what"? :D

Thankfully, despite it being closer than I would have liked, my 22 year old V8 made mincemeat of his Jag, which is probably why he got upset enough to tailgate me, until we parted ways!

life experience counts for a lot... these days, I didn't do any more about it,  than rant about it on a forum full of grumpy old Omega owners (like me) ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 28 January 2023, 23:16:14 »

Although I had room to pass him at least twice, the roundabout being the limiting factor, the car turning left from the road to the right of the roundabout shut down any wiggle room.

Live and learn and no harm done, but people are certainly angrier these days.  :-\
Onanists always think outside the box.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 28 January 2023, 23:40:55 »

Although I had room to pass him at least twice, the roundabout being the limiting factor, the car turning left from the road to the right of the roundabout shut down any wiggle room.

Live and learn and no harm done, but people are certainly angrier these days.  :-\

Agreed. Almost to the point they have little concept of reality.

The two types of driver I usually see, are either downright dangerous, based on speed, aggression, etc, or dangerous in the other sense, eg, they are SO hesitant they will cause an accident and wind people up.
Very little middle ground!

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 29 January 2023, 10:35:36 »

Agreed. Almost to the point they have little concept of reality.

The two types of driver I usually see, are either downright dangerous, based on speed, aggression, etc, or dangerous in the other sense, eg, they are SO hesitant they will cause an accident and wind people up.
Very little middle ground!

Those are the extremes, so they stand out.

The centre are the people that last thought about their driving when the examiner said congratulations, you've passed. They have no situational awareness, poor car control and their planning ends about 3 seconds in the future. Add talking on the phone, arguing with their passengers, trying to stop the kids fighting, reprogramming the sat-nav, eyeing up the blonde walking along the road or any of the other everyday stuff people do in their cars and it's amazing there aren't many more serious crashes.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 109   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.