Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Headlight Range  (Read 6683 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Headlight Range
« Reply #30 on: 11 January 2023, 09:22:06 »

2 pages to this thread so far ,all good advice but unless Lizzie actually looks at the sensor to see what's wrong  :-X
pretty sure the forum posts and software can't do that for her  :D

Indeed Dave, and today, now all the heavy rain has stopped falling, I can indeed go for that inspection :D ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 11 January 2023, 09:24:20 »

Until it gets smacked by the wishbone when you hit a pothole.

Yes, I have managed to hit two bad ones recently due to the awful state of our local roads DG.  Fxxking potholes everywhere!! >:(

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 11 January 2023, 10:34:16 »

Yes, I have managed to hit two bad ones recently due to the awful state of our local roads DG.  Fxxking potholes everywhere!! >:(

That's not like you Lizzie!  ??? ;D ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 11 January 2023, 12:04:53 »

That's not like you Lizzie!  ??? ;D ;D

Oh yes Andy, sometimes even I can see red, and the issues of potholes around Ashford is now scandalous and makes me utter four letter words!! ::) ;D ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 11 January 2023, 12:21:11 »

Well now I am confused................maybe not unusual now given my increasing age!!......but yes I am!

I have removed all four wheels and inspected the area surrounding the suspension struts and arms.  But all I found was as in the following picture (after I had soaked the device with WD40), which was on the suspension arm of the rear offside.  It is nothing like the device I used to find, and once replaced, on previous Omega's.

The arms and joints of this device were all intact and are an improvement on the ones previously seen, although it is still so exposed.

So, what does this change with a 2003 3.2 miggy mean?  What am I missing. Is this one device the issue that must be resolved, or is there another device hidden elsewhere please?
« Last Edit: 11 January 2023, 12:24:01 by Lizzie Zoom »

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 11 January 2023, 12:51:32 »

Well now I am confused................maybe not unusual now given my increasing age!!......but yes I am!

I have removed all four wheels and inspected the area surrounding the suspension struts and arms.  But all I found was as in the following picture (after I had soaked the device with WD40), which was on the suspension arm of the rear offside.  It is nothing like the device I used to find, and once replaced, on previous Omega's.

The arms and joints of this device were all intact and are an improvement on the ones previously seen, although it is still so exposed.

So, what does this change with a 2003 3.2 miggy mean?  What am I missing. Is this one device the issue that must be resolved, or is there another device hidden elsewhere please?

99% of the time it's the front sensor on the wishbone, no the rear one pictured

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 11 January 2023, 13:34:23 »

99% of the time it's the front sensor on the wishbone, no the rear one pictured

Thanks, but I could not find one on the front or rear wishbones. :o :o

I do not know what to do now.  Has anyone got a picture of one on a 2003 3.2 please? ??? ???

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 11 January 2023, 14:01:41 »

The headlight sensor is on the front, near-side wishbone, close to the rear bush. It looks like the one in your pic, but with a shorter lever arm. If the droplink between the arm and the wishbone is missing, it's much harder to see. And that would definitely create the warning you have.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 11 January 2023, 14:19:37 »

The headlight sensor is on the front, near-side wishbone, close to the rear bush. It looks like the one in your pic, but with a shorter lever arm. If the droplink between the arm and the wishbone is missing, it's much harder to see. And that would definitely create the warning you have.

Thanks Nick! :-* :y

I did look there, but I will go outside again now, before the rain comes again, and reinspect.  It is where the previous Omega's had the device, so I must try harder to see it!! ::) ;D ;D ;D ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 11 January 2023, 15:41:00 »

Yes, YES!!!  Thanks again Nick!! :y :y

Found it, but not in the place it was on previous Omega's.  It was set well back behind the suspensions strut and partially mounted on the chassis with the link on the wishbone.  There it was, the bottom of the lever floating in the air, separated from the wishbone fixing.

This is how it is now, although I have since removed the ends of the cable ties, after taking the advice of DG and Dave, with cable ties that I have always a stock of due to my electrical work:

Should work.  It certainly has got rid of the advisory message! :D :D :y :y
« Last Edit: 11 January 2023, 15:44:47 by Lizzie Zoom »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 11 January 2023, 16:23:56 »

That first picture is the rear suspension level sensor/ecu :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 11 January 2023, 16:44:08 »

That first picture is the rear suspension level sensor/ecu :y

Thanks DG, that explains a lot.  Never noticed that sensor before. :-[ :D ;)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 11 January 2023, 16:47:09 »

Yes, YES!!!  Thanks again Nick!! :y :y

Found it, but not in the place it was on previous Omega's.  It was set well back behind the suspensions strut and partially mounted on the chassis with the link on the wishbone.  There it was, the bottom of the lever floating in the air, separated from the wishbone fixing.

This is how it is now, although I have since removed the ends of the cable ties, after taking the advice of DG and Dave, with cable ties that I have always a stock of due to my electrical work:

Should work.  It certainly has got rid of the advisory message! :D :D :y :y

Reason the arm had popped out is obvious - the ball joint is bone dry - needed some grease on it, because it is dry it will have worn the joint so will always need tie wraps to keep it on.

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 11 January 2023, 17:10:01 »

if the ball is intact and the hole / edges are intact a sheet of plastic over the ball is usually enough to restore rigidity. greased up obviously.
worked on a mates vectra taxi where the wiper linkage regularly fell off !

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 11 January 2023, 18:34:47 »

2 pages to this thread so far ,all good advice but unless Lizzie actually looks at the sensor to see what's wrong  :-X
pretty sure the forum posts and software can't do that for her  :D
Yeah, common Love, pull yer finger out!

;D
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.