Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh...the penny has finally dropped  (Read 7129 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Oh...the penny has finally dropped
« Reply #105 on: 13 January 2023, 20:36:56 »

I'll check next time I'm over, but get a feeling Mum's 3 Phase supply is also 100A.

That would explain why the streetlights dim when her (electric) boiler fires up ;D
100A service head is standard , but many are down-rated to 60 or 80 amp HRC fuse internally  ;)

Also, didn't the DNO (distribution network operator) aka electric board  :P insist on hazardous location and explosion proof electrical fittings being used at your location following the "incident "  :D
Bicester has a new eco town, supposedly set up with public transport and set up for EVs.  The buses, well, their frequency and reliability is predictable, but the feeds are all 60A*, so hardly ideal for them charging EVs...   ...though as Kevin Wood says, if everyone plugged in, the local substation equipment would let out all of the magic smoke.

*According the the sensationalist media, so obviously no idea if that's the feed or just a small fuse.
Grumpy old man

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 13 January 2023, 20:42:59 »

I'll check next time I'm over, but get a feeling Mum's 3 Phase supply is also 100A.

That would explain why the streetlights dim when her (electric) boiler fires up ;D
100A service head is standard , but many are down-rated to 60 or 80 amp HRC fuse internally  ;)

Also, didn't the DNO (distribution network operator) aka electric board  :P insist on hazardous location and explosion proof electrical fittings being used at your location following the "incident "  :D
Bicester has a new eco town, supposedly set up with public transport and set up for EVs.  The buses, well, their frequency and reliability is predictable, but the feeds are all 60A*, so hardly ideal for them charging EVs...   ...though as Kevin Wood says, if everyone plugged in, the local substation equipment would let out all of the magic smoke.

*According the the sensationalist media, so obviously no idea if that's the feed or just a small fuse.
you may as well just order a nice big diesel generator and fuel bowser then to charge your EVs
order NOW off Ebay and you should have them delivered in time for the 2030 deadline  ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 13 January 2023, 20:44:16 »

A mate of mine has a 60A incomer and is an ECO type so has an EV, heat pump, solar, giant bomb LiPo battery, the works.
His main fuse keeps going pop. He's requested a bigger one but the DNO are dragging their heels while they decide if he can have one. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 13 January 2023, 20:44:54 »

you may as well just order a nice big diesel generator and fuel bowser then to charge your EVs
order NOW off Ebay and you should have them delivered in time for the 2030 deadline  ;D
That's not a bad way to launder red diesel for road use. ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 13 January 2023, 20:46:29 »

Euro traveller is OK. One seat row less than Easyjet, and if NEO aircraft then it's the same seats... Actually pretty comfortable having sat in them to Gran Canaria and back several times without issue.

Only handy tip that I can offer is to have a look at the Highlife Magazine online and if there is something particular that you want to drink or eat, then pre order it at least 72 hours before and it will be on board for you. This particularly applies to any hot food because it won't be on board unless you pre order it. Same for the return flight.

Depends on the route and time of day, but we can quickly sell out of things like prosecco and have nowt left for the return. Preoodering prevents this is preorders are loaded especially. Same for any duty free :y

Also, ask at Check in about upgrading to Club. Sometimes you can get lucky and get it for a fraction of the regular fare. This also applies to longhaul.  ;)
If you want to pm me the flight details I can see if I know anyone operating it.

And there, in a word, is the whole problem with British F*k*ing Airways ever since that idiot Willy Walsh took charge. Prosecco FFS. The ONLY things that should be for sale on a BA morning flight are Sausage Sandwiches, Bacon Rolls, and a Full English (which must include Black Pudding). I'll accept (and leave well alone) scrambles eggs in place of a proper fried egg (due to the complications of supplying proper fried eggs on a plane). And proper toast with butter that isn't frozen to -40C so rock hard you can't spread it - none of this hash brown nonsense.

If I wanted Prosecco I'd fly Alitalia, or whatever they're called this week.

BA0578 on 22nd Jan, and BA0597 on 28th Jan. By all means warn the cabin crew there might be a couple of grumpy old buggas to "serve".

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 13 January 2023, 20:57:16 »

A mate of mine has a 60A incomer and is an ECO type so has an EV, heat pump, solar, giant bomb LiPo battery, the works.
His main fuse keeps going pop. He's requested a bigger one but the DNO are dragging their heels while they decide if he can have one. ;D
clicky linky

he can have as many as he likes  :)
obviously he can't remove the DNO seals on the cut out to fit one though  :-X

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 13 January 2023, 22:06:10 »

Euro traveller is OK. One seat row less than Easyjet, and if NEO aircraft then it's the same seats... Actually pretty comfortable having sat in them to Gran Canaria and back several times without issue.

Only handy tip that I can offer is to have a look at the Highlife Magazine online and if there is something particular that you want to drink or eat, then pre order it at least 72 hours before and it will be on board for you. This particularly applies to any hot food because it won't be on board unless you pre order it. Same for the return flight.

Depends on the route and time of day, but we can quickly sell out of things like prosecco and have nowt left for the return. Preoodering prevents this is preorders are loaded especially. Same for any duty free :y

Also, ask at Check in about upgrading to Club. Sometimes you can get lucky and get it for a fraction of the regular fare. This also applies to longhaul.  ;)
If you want to pm me the flight details I can see if I know anyone operating it.

And there, in a word, is the whole problem with British F*k*ing Airways ever since that idiot Willy Walsh took charge. Prosecco FFS. The ONLY things that should be for sale on a BA morning flight are Sausage Sandwiches, Bacon Rolls, and a Full English (which must include Black Pudding). I'll accept (and leave well alone) scrambles eggs in place of a proper fried egg (due to the complications of supplying proper fried eggs on a plane). And proper toast with butter that isn't frozen to -40C so rock hard you can't spread it - none of this hash brown nonsense.

If I wanted Prosecco I'd fly Alitalia, or whatever they're called this week.

BA0578 on 22nd Jan, and BA0597 on 28th Jan. By all means warn the cabin crew there might be a couple of grumpy old buggas to "serve".
Ah, Very Nice, as opposed the That's nice, which is in France  :D

Club still get proper fizz. So there's that. And you'll get a bottle of water and a cereal bar/packet of crisps more that you would off Easyjet  ;D Ask nicely and you'll get two each ;) A word of warning, the buy on board is ordered via the on board WiFi and is card only. I can see one of those being an potential hurdle, which may be avoided by pre ordering from the office ahead of time. 72 hrs should pretty much guarantee it rather than chancing the 24 hour minimum  ;)

I must confess,. The last time I flew BA Longhaul as a passenger, even Traveller got bucks fizz pre take off.

Wee Willie Wanka and the complete oppstard that replaced him are both cursed throughout the network. I hope never to encounter either, or they might suffer the same fate as Michael O'Really when our paths crossed.  >:D
Onanists always think outside the box.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 13 January 2023, 22:27:02 »

clicky linky

Or use a dab of superglue to reinstate the seal enough for it not to be noticed on a casual glance.  :-X

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 13 January 2023, 22:31:07 »

clicky linky

Or use a dab of superglue to reinstate the seal enough for it not to be noticed on a casual glance.  :-X
or just buy some new seals  :-X

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 13 January 2023, 22:50:09 »

Here’s some…..🦭🦭🦭🦭🦭
Laying a rubber road.

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 14 January 2023, 11:52:22 »

The main fuse blew at my old place, electrician mate came out and fitted a new one and he had the seal tool (totally illegal!)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 14 January 2023, 12:58:28 »

The main fuse blew at my old place, electrician mate came out and fitted a new one and he had the seal tool (totally illegal!)
So you refused to allow him to remove the seal. replace the service head HRC fuse and waited patiently for he DNO lads to turn up  :-\
your Gran's life support machine must have good back up batteries  :P

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 15 January 2023, 10:48:36 »

Years back, a set of step of step ladders fell in my garage & fell against the fuse box & managed to snap the main fuse carrier where the wire  for the seal went. I'm not sure that the bloke that changed the meter believed me when he saw it some time later.... ::)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 16 January 2023, 21:17:53 »

My last house had a wood and bakelite CU and while I was in the process of adding a circuit for a new kitchen the wooden frame fell apart in my hands and left me holding the bakelite remains with it all still live. I decided the best course of action was to pull the main fuse and be damned with the lead seal. Fitted a new CU and never got round to getting the seal replaced. It got done at the next meter change without attracting any comment.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 16 January 2023, 22:15:12 »

Yep , gas and electric meters are meant to be replaced every 10 years with a checked/calibrated meters  ::)

Technically... IF a meter is found with no seals  :o the utility company could sue for meter fraud/tampering .

I have seals and a crimp, so I can re-seal henley blocks ,incoming isolators etc (customer's equipment)

Obviously i would NEVER  touch the DNO's equipment   >:D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.