Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh...the penny has finally dropped  (Read 7126 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Oh...the penny has finally dropped
« Reply #90 on: 13 January 2023, 10:35:58 »

Wow all sounds very complicated, I'll stick with Sainsbury's pumps, just have to choose petrol or diesel...

Yes it's all beyond me and my CSE Grade 2 maths!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 13 January 2023, 11:12:28 »

I understand how circuits work, but three phase is limited to generation of in a fundamental sense on aircraft. There was a module in my Part66 course about electrickery generation and distribution, but limited to fundamentals.

Avionics was never on my list of things to be that involved in beyond cable management and module replacement.  ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 13 January 2023, 11:36:45 »

I understand how circuits work, but three phase is limited to generation of in a fundamental sense on aircraft. There was a module in my Part66 course about electrickery generation and distribution, but limited to fundamentals.

Avionics was never on my list of things to be that involved in beyond cable management and module replacement.  ::)

So you didn't do Arinc 419/429/664?. Probably no need for Stanag 3910/3838 or Mil-Std-1553/1771 on a people tube :-)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 13 January 2023, 11:45:37 »

So you didn't do Arinc 419/429/664?. Probably no need for Stanag 3910/3838 or Mil-Std-1553/1771 on a people tube :-)
Stop showing off, Malcolm, it's not big and it's not clever  ;D
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 13 January 2023, 11:51:59 »

Without looking, a racking system...

The Part66 A course is for Mechs, so an idea of what is what is the result they're looking for. Actual wiring doings are the domain of B2s and they're a funny bunch ;D

EWIS, Human Factors and Fuel Tank Safety are prerequisites for working anywhere near a commercial aircraft and any work carried out must follow the relevant AMM and CMMs relating to that task ;) Ergo, this is limited to electrical component removal and replacement, so the knowledge base reflects this.  ;)

What they do under the auspices of National Defence is entirely up to them ;D
« Last Edit: 13 January 2023, 11:55:13 by Doctor Gollum »

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 13 January 2023, 12:22:06 »

Against my better wishes, I've ended up putting my life at the mercy of Bloody Awful later this month. I like to know the quality of training of the people I come into contact with so that I can make informed decisions on how much they can be ignored  ;D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 13 January 2023, 12:26:17 »

Against my better wishes, I've ended up putting my life at the mercy of Bloody Awful later this month. I like to know the quality of training of the people I come into contact with so that I can make informed decisions on how much they can be ignored  ;D
Something must attract you to that particular company, you keep coming back for more.
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 13 January 2023, 12:31:44 »

Unfortunately I won't be on your flight to mitigate the experience as currently grounded due to a perforated ear drum.

I can make suggestions to make your journey more agreeable if it helps. Obviously, specifics will depend on the ticket type and aircraft type.
« Last Edit: 13 January 2023, 12:47:39 by Doctor Gollum »

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 13 January 2023, 13:01:09 »

It's my first BA flight for about 10 years. It's short haul from LHR T5, currently scheduled to be an A320, and we're in seats 24A&B EuroTraveller (AKA Scumclass). No point in going further forward or back, since AIUI unlike proper airlines (easyJet,Ryanair,TUi) BA don't sell Bacon Butties on the plane. Probably be full of 'murkins connecting from their overnight flights from the US.

Only positive selling point was that the timings were better than the alternatives, and LHR is slightly closer for us than LGW. Would much rather have gone from Bristol or Bournemouth, but we need to get to our destination by lunchtime and the other airports only have afternoon flights on the days we need.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 13 January 2023, 15:35:31 »

Euro traveller is OK. One seat row less than Easyjet, and if NEO aircraft then it's the same seats... Actually pretty comfortable having sat in them to Gran Canaria and back several times without issue.

Only handy tip that I can offer is to have a look at the Highlife Magazine online and if there is something particular that you want to drink or eat, then pre order it at least 72 hours before and it will be on board for you. This particularly applies to any hot food because it won't be on board unless you pre order it. Same for the return flight.

Depends on the route and time of day, but we can quickly sell out of things like prosecco and have nowt left for the return. Preoodering prevents this is preorders are loaded especially. Same for any duty free :y

Also, ask at Check in about upgrading to Club. Sometimes you can get lucky and get it for a fraction of the regular fare. This also applies to longhaul.  ;)
If you want to pm me the flight details I can see if I know anyone operating it.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 13 January 2023, 18:42:47 »

Pretty certain our feed here is 100A (or at least fused at that).  So assuming I don't use anything else (in my dreams), my schoolboy maths suggests 24KW

Or have I made a (schoolboy) error?
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 13 January 2023, 18:44:11 »

I'll check next time I'm over, but get a feeling Mum's 3 Phase supply is also 100A.

That would explain why the streetlights dim when her (electric) boiler fires up ;D
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 13 January 2023, 19:03:24 »

I'll check next time I'm over, but get a feeling Mum's 3 Phase supply is also 100A.

That would explain why the streetlights dim when her (electric) boiler fires up ;D

.. but bad things would happen if everyone decided to draw 100A 24/7.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 13 January 2023, 19:32:52 »

.. but bad things would happen if everyone decided to draw 100A 24/7.
No, because its all green electric, so must be reliable, and can't be heating anything up along the way, as that's not green.

And, besides, that hoofing great big solar panel on the Blenheim land that can power all of Oxford, even at night, means that it all all be super.
Grumpy old man

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 13 January 2023, 20:31:36 »

100A service head is standard , but many are down-rated to 60 or 80 amp HRC fuse internally  ;)

Also, didn't the DNO (distribution network operator) aka electric board  :P insist on hazardous location and explosion proof electrical fittings being used at your location following the "incident "  :D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.