Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: MP at it again corrupt lying greedy prick  (Read 2631 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: MP at it again corrupt lying greedy prick
« Reply #15 on: 16 January 2023, 17:18:43 »

Why is the country being run (🤣🤣). Fkd up would be better I suppose, by all Rich people, surely some people who have more moderate wealth such as maybe a couple of hundred thousand would be far more in touch with what is happening and what is needed by the majority of the population.
Money may not buy everything possible but buying control of a country shouldn’t be one of them. Just to add Zack is a Tw’a7.
  too right, Billy Connolly did say those that desire to be a mp  should be barred for life from becoming one, i agreed back then & i agree now ,
And what would that solve? A load of people who don't want to do the job would be even less effective.
   i think you missed the point.
What, that they're ineffective wasters? 🤔 That's not news.

That sketch was funny at the time, he said much the same about people who want to be policemen. The issue isn't whether someone wants to do something or not, but rather their motivation for wanting to do it...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 16 January 2023, 18:18:58 »

Why is the country being run (🤣🤣). Fkd up would be better I suppose, by all Rich people, surely some people who have more moderate wealth such as maybe a couple of hundred thousand would be far more in touch with what is happening and what is needed by the majority of the population.
Money may not buy everything possible but buying control of a country shouldn’t be one of them. Just to add Zack is a Tw’a7.
  too right, Billy Connolly did say those that desire to be a mp  should be barred for life from becoming one, i agreed back then & i agree now ,

Got to agree I have exactly the same sentiments.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 January 2023, 20:48:14 »

This fu(ker is still at it, shameless bastard!

https://apple.news/AarGRxZBNQiu0yRoejW8zFQ
Laying a rubber road.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 21 January 2023, 23:32:06 »

If you had the type of wealth that these people seem, would you not do anything legally reasonable to protect it.

As would the 'journalist' writing the piece.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 21 January 2023, 23:46:06 »

Fair point..  maybe.. but it doesn’t stop me detesting him and his corrupt brethren. It’s very rare when you see they have ‘overpaid’ in the press.
Laying a rubber road.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 21 January 2023, 23:48:05 »

Fair point..  maybe.. but it doesn’t stop me detesting him and his corrupt brethren. It’s very rare when you see they have ‘overpaid’ in the press.
Consider that the 'press' wouldn't deem that newsworthy  ;)

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 21 January 2023, 23:49:23 »

Anyway if I come into that sort of money I’d give some of it to you mothers and write it off as charity👍👍👍🤣😂
Laying a rubber road.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 21 January 2023, 23:52:01 »

Consider that the 'press' wouldn't deem that newsworthy  ;)

Of course… it would not fit in to the criteria required by BBC, SKY,  etc they are too interested pushing the LGTQVFHJJ  whatever the fk it is this week agenda
Laying a rubber road.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 21 January 2023, 23:55:07 »

If he earned it selling children's organs on the black market, or somesuch equally nefarious endeavour, then the maybe would be warranted.

The price of entry is £500 if you think you* can do any better...

https://www.parliament.uk/about/mps-and-lords/members/electing-mps/candidates/

*you being anyone of us.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 22 January 2023, 00:01:31 »

I can't be arsed to read every response on this.

Unfortunately we live in an age where it's all about moral point-scoring. Everyone and every news outlet is looking for something to get outraged about according to political direction.

I'm not denying that he was on  the fiddle. Maybe, maybe not. I don't know. But as the saying goes "Let he that is without sin cast the first stone".

I have quite a dislike of of politicians on all sides of the House. If they were any good at anything they wouldn' be there, they'd be doing something useful. Why be a career politician? because you're not good at anything else.

I sometimes think that the whole game is about who's best at covering stuff up. (BTW, why was Nick Brown suspended?)

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 22 January 2023, 00:02:22 »

Who?  ???
Labour Cheif whip... Following a complaint. Probably about the bullying of women within the party. None of which should be a surprise.

But like I said, anyone who thinks they can do better is welcome to put themselves forward.

If you got 1,000 independents to stand in every constituency upon their name and nothing else, and was voted for by ten people who knew them, then you wouldn't see so much ingrained nonsense in Westminster.

Actually, that might form the basis of a campaign. A truly non affiliated government of peers.
« Last Edit: 22 January 2023, 00:11:23 by Doctor Gollum »

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 22 January 2023, 11:06:51 »

Right that’s good enough for me get it done you’ll have my vote👍
Laying a rubber road.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 22 January 2023, 11:37:29 »

Who?  ???
Labour Cheif whip... Following a complaint. Probably about the bullying of women within the party. None of which should be a surprise.

But like I said, anyone who thinks they can do better is welcome to put themselves forward.

If you got 1,000 independents to stand in every constituency upon their name and nothing else, and was voted for by ten people who knew them, then you wouldn't see so much ingrained nonsense in Westminster.

Actually, that might form the basis of a campaign. A truly non affiliated government of peers.

Be very careful of what you wish for, because those organisations already exist - they're the Parish Councils, PTAs, school governors, niche charities, Scout troops, local history groups, Friends of ~~~~~ and many others. They all consist of well-meaning but ineffective, power-crazed, lack-of-power crazed, frustrated/frustrating, lonely, retired, single/woolly minded etc etc people with nothing better to do. Pick at least a couple of those characteristics for every member. The best of them somehow manage to sort of achieve things, some of the time. Many of them are just a joke, and the worst are a menace. Most of us will have connections with at least one such group - mine is the county bell-ringing association, in all it's barely relevant Victorian 'glory'. Internet forums are frequently good examples ::)

Those are reasons why the most enduring forms of government are the ones that evolved and weren't carefully designed to be better - just look at the American constitution for an example of something that should have, and needs to change but isn't allowed to.

What is really needed is accountability for all officials, and an effective, transparent means of enforcing it. The latter is what is lacking in modern politics, as we seem to accept that corruption and government as entertainment is both normal and even desirable.
« Last Edit: 22 January 2023, 11:41:39 by Nick W »

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 22 January 2023, 14:32:55 »

I would agree with most of that. I dont look on corruption as entertaining or desirable though.
I just sadly accept that one tribe is as bad as the other, and dont think theres currently much that can be done about it.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 22 January 2023, 14:35:48 »

I would agree with most of that. I dont look on corruption as entertaining or desirable though.
I just sadly accept that one tribe is as bad as the other, and dont think theres currently much that can be done about it.
That's what's wrong with the thinking. Break them up ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.