Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Masks don't work...  (Read 2904 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Masks don't work...
« Reply #45 on: 16 March 2023, 11:29:23 »

Well, opps me backwards.  I finally managed to catch the chinese sniffle* after 3 years, and I have to say it was the worse flu like thing I've ever had.  I wasn't expecting it to be any worse than a spot of flu, and was looking forward to a a few days of laying on the sofa being nursed with mugs of tea and biscuits.  Instead I was dead for a week.

*Most likely caused by being on a rammed, 3 car Chiltern slug DMU, with every knob jockey coughing their guts up, but far too ignorant to wear a mask, using the good old British "sod you Jack, I'm alright" view of it all.  Although I was also sat in a packed waiting room at the quacks**, and a bloke with covid came and sat next to me, emptying the contents of his lungs, but he was wearing a mask (in reality, I probably had already contracted it by then, looking at incubation times.

**NHS 111 sent me to pharmacist, who absolutely told me it wasn't shingles, so I had to then go to the walk in at the quacks, who within seconds, confirmed it was.  That's another ailment I wouldn't wish on anyone, as that does smart a bit.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 16 March 2023, 11:38:00 »

You're a sickly lad, no wonder no one goes to meets any more  ;D
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 16 March 2023, 12:01:46 »

I think basic common sense tells us that masks will work to an extent, but are obviously a long way from being a complete barrier to spreading the sniffles.
When elderly and clinically vulnerable people were dying in pretty large numbers, it was only common decency to use masks when near other people, as it really was possible it could just save someones life.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 16 March 2023, 12:15:40 »

Well, opps me backwards.  I finally managed to catch the chinese sniffle* after 3 years, and I have to say it was the worse flu like thing I've ever had.  I wasn't expecting it to be any worse than a spot of flu, and was looking forward to a a few days of laying on the sofa being nursed with mugs of tea and biscuits.  Instead I was dead for a week.

*Most likely caused by being on a rammed, 3 car Chiltern slug DMU, with every knob jockey coughing their guts up, but far too ignorant to wear a mask, using the good old British "sod you Jack, I'm alright" view of it all.  Although I was also sat in a packed waiting room at the quacks**, and a bloke with covid came and sat next to me, emptying the contents of his lungs, but he was wearing a mask (in reality, I probably had already contracted it by then, looking at incubation times.

**NHS 111 sent me to pharmacist, who absolutely told me it wasn't shingles, so I had to then go to the walk in at the quacks, who within seconds, confirmed it was.  That's another ailment I wouldn't wish on anyone, as that does smart a bit.
I hope you fully recover soon Jamie .

you should consider high strength vitamin  C and D3 to boost your immune system  ;)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 16 March 2023, 12:26:25 »

I hope your other half realised how desperately ill you were & treated you accordingly , but really TB man up .😄
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 16 March 2023, 13:20:20 »

Just like Manflu then :D

Joking aside, glad to see you are actually dead :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 16 March 2023, 14:10:39 »

I hope your other half realised how desperately ill you were & treated you accordingly , but really TB man up .😄
She knows she's a lucky woman, so kept bringing me stuff apparently.  Not that I touched any of it, although she did force feed me my various pills I needed (unrelated to the sniffle).

On the upside, it made me shingles a lot less painful than it could have been.  Every cloud, and all that....
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 16 March 2023, 14:10:59 »

Grumpy old man

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 16 March 2023, 14:19:57 »

She knows she's a lucky woman, so kept bringing me stuff apparently.  Not that I touched any of it, although she did force feed me my various pills I needed (unrelated to the sniffle).

On the upside, it made me shingles a lot less painful than it could have been.  Every cloud, and all that....

Fortunately I've not had shingles but wife had it about 5 years ago & found it extremely painful & uncomfortable.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 16 March 2023, 14:21:43 »

glad to see you are actually dead :y
;D
Oh ffs :D

What I actually meant was glad to see that you AREN'T actually dead :y Obviously.

I can't even blame Steve Jobs for that :-[

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 16 March 2023, 15:57:37 »

Fortunately I've not had shingles but wife had it about 5 years ago & found it extremely painful & uncomfortable.
SWMBO had Shingles the first time when in her teens and she was quite poorly, or so she told me. ;D  She got it again about ten years ago and she didn't feel as rough as the first time but the irritation was a constant nuisance. It then developed into something called Post Herpetic Neuralgia, which causes irritation under the skin. Which means that scratching doesn't make the slightest difference. ::) Thankfully it's now almost gone but it's been a nuisance to her for years.  :(

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 16 March 2023, 17:09:17 »

you should consider high strength vitamin  C and D3 to boost your immune system
  ;)

Don't indulge him.

He's being a nancy boy. :)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 16 March 2023, 17:34:44 »

you should consider high strength vitamin  C and D3 to boost your immune system
  ;)

Don't indulge him.

He's being a nancy boy. :)

Yes he needs a few pints of high strength beer and a Lamb Naga. That will sort him out!  :y                                                                                       ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 17 March 2023, 12:04:16 »

Yes he needs a few pints of high strength beer and a Lamb Naga. That will sort him out!  :y                                                                                       
I'm struggling with appetite currently, not that that is necessarily a bad thing, LOL.

Sadly, nobody does a lamb naga like Tiffins used to, and they have long since closed, been a Turkish restaurant for years now :(.  On the upside, cutting down on the number of nagas I was scoffing each week 10 years ago is also not a bad thing!  I reckon the only eat-in curry I've had this year was when we went out with Mr and Mrs Gixer to the Kushboo.  Now there is a strange place, always has been, always will be ;D
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 17 March 2023, 21:30:30 »

Yes he needs a few pints of high strength beer and a Lamb Naga. That will sort him out!  :y                                                                                       
I'm struggling with appetite currently, not that that is necessarily a bad thing, LOL.

Sadly, nobody does a lamb naga like Tiffins used to, and they have long since closed, been a Turkish restaurant for years now :(.  On the upside, cutting down on the number of nagas I was scoffing each week 10 years ago is also not a bad thing!  I reckon the only eat-in curry I've had this year was when we went out with Mr and Mrs Gixer to the Kushboo.  Now there is a strange place, always has been, always will be ;D
That the place with the, er, slightly eccentric owner by the bike place? 🤔
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 19 queries.