Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Dolting along  (Read 3669 times)

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
Re: Dolting along
« Reply #15 on: 10 December 2023, 09:48:36 »

Dont get me started, Malvern is full of elderly drivers that shouldn't be in charge of their walking frames .

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10 December 2023, 10:10:06 »

Mm stop moaning, try Wal es you lucky bastards. Drakeford has us by the nuts. The Nazi nLady bits
no thanks ,I'd wear out second gear  :D
you have my sympathy  :(

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10 December 2023, 10:40:33 »

Lincolnshire still has some good roads , but we are getting more & more of the yellow peril poles ( average speed cameras ) as always the motorists are the easy cash cows.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 10 December 2023, 12:08:36 »

My fascination is being behind a driver doing 45mph in a 60mph zone, then continues at 45mph in a 40mph zone, and finally rounds it off by continuing at 45mph through a 30mph zone.   ;D ::)
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10 December 2023, 12:10:02 »

There's a country B road near here which has two very long straights and is actually a Roman road, its as wide as any other country B road but has no markings.

I was following a van along there last week at a respectable distance and every time a car came the other way he braked hard!  I discovered that VW 'T' vans do in fact have quite good anchors and a couple of times he nearly had a Ford Mondeo in the back of his van!  :o   ::)

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 10 December 2023, 12:22:55 »

Lincolnshire still has some good roads , but we are getting more & more of the yellow peril poles ( average speed cameras ) as always the motorists are the easy cash cows.

Have you heard that they are rolling out camera sensors that detect drivers braking for the speed camera. Not sure how that will work as I could name at least five speed cameras in our area that are opposite a junction, where vehicles have to slow down to allow the vehicle in front to turn right. One of them is right outside the Upper School so at around 8.15am and 3.50pm everyone dropping off/picking up their kids will be slowing down to turn right in to the school drive.  ;D
No doubt they’ll be selective of where they put them.  ::)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10 December 2023, 12:36:49 »

There's a country B road near here which has two very long straights and is actually a Roman road, its as wide as any other country B road but has no markings.

I was following a van along there last week at a respectable distance and every time a car came the other way he braked hard!  I discovered that VW 'T' vans do in fact have quite good anchors and a couple of times he nearly had a Ford Mondeo in the back of his van!  :o   ::)

Then there are the 'drivers' that need a confidence dab on the brake pedal each time they pass a road sign. My mother was bad for this, although she got a lot better after an eye test and new spectacles. The speed awareness course I did included a quick test using the standard eye chart, and it was suggested that half the people there should consider an eye test ASAP.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 10 December 2023, 12:39:05 »

The van could possibly have had the collision detection auto braking/ lane discipline sensor that was mentioned in another thread. No white lines equals confused vehicle sensor, so a vehicle approaching from the other direction would be seen as a collision threat. As Opti said in that thread, it’s downright dangerous. I was parked opposite a VW Transporter yesterday and spotted the sensor ( rectangle sensor screen below the number plate ). Or maybe the van ahead of you was just a nervous driver.  ;D

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 10 December 2023, 13:47:32 »

Is my phrase to cover some of the drivers on roads in Britain.

My theory is that people are randomly selected each day ( or perhaps permanently?) to drive at a ridiculously low speed for the prevailing conditions in whatever lane they happen to be in.
………….

The random selection around my way this lunch time were all Jags. The little XE, an XF and coincidentally on different stretches of road two XKR-S’s. They were all the straw hat brigade, no doubt off for their afternoon cream teas. I can forgive the other two for not keeping pace but the XKR’s, come on.  ::)
Wonder if that was me?  I'm a reformed character you see....

Yeh, you keep telling yourself that.  ::)  ;D

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10 December 2023, 14:22:17 »

My fascination is being behind a driver doing 45mph in a 60mph zone, then continues at 45mph in a 40mph zone, and finally rounds it off by continuing at 45mph through a 30mph zone.   ;D ::)

Perhaps they don't realise that they've got the cruise control on.  ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 10 December 2023, 15:23:44 »

The van could possibly have had the collision detection auto braking/ lane discipline sensor that was mentioned in another thread. No white lines equals confused vehicle sensor, so a vehicle approaching from the other direction would be seen as a collision threat. As Opti said in that thread, it’s downright dangerous. I was parked opposite a VW Transporter yesterday and spotted the sensor ( rectangle sensor screen below the number plate ). Or maybe the van ahead of you was just a cockwomble.  ;D
Not to stereotype you understand.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 10 December 2023, 16:36:50 »

Have you heard that they are rolling out camera sensors that detect drivers braking for the speed camera. Not sure how that will work as I could name at least five speed cameras in our area that are opposite a junction, where vehicles have to slow down to allow the vehicle in front to turn right. One of them is right outside the Upper School so at around 8.15am and 3.50pm everyone dropping off/picking up their kids will be slowing down to turn right in to the school drive.  ;D
No doubt they’ll be selective of where they put them.  ::)

Yes I had read something about it, crazy though fined if you go too fast & fined if you try to  slow down ..
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 10 December 2023, 16:54:13 »

Back in the 80s during train drivers strike two of us from work started a car sharing scheme. It failed as my friend drove exactly like that 45 mph in Hinckley and 45 down the M69. Funnily enough I keep in touch with him .
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 10 December 2023, 17:48:24 »

The van could possibly have had the collision detection auto braking/ lane discipline sensor that was mentioned in another thread. No white lines equals confused vehicle sensor, so a vehicle approaching from the other direction would be seen as a collision threat. As Opti said in that thread, it’s downright dangerous. I was parked opposite a VW Transporter yesterday and spotted the sensor ( rectangle sensor screen below the number plate ). Or maybe the van ahead of you was just a nervous driver.  ;D

This Transporter was far too old for gadgets like that!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 10 December 2023, 18:18:09 »

Is my phrase to cover some of the drivers on roads in Britain.

My theory is that people are randomly selected each day ( or perhaps permanently?) to drive at a ridiculously low speed for the prevailing conditions in whatever lane they happen to be in.
………….

The random selection around my way this lunch time were all Jags. The little XE, an XF and coincidentally on different stretches of road two XKR-S’s. They were all the straw hat brigade, no doubt off for their afternoon cream teas. I can forgive the other two for not keeping pace but the XKR’s, come on.  ::)
Wonder if that was me?  I'm a reformed character you see....

Yeh, you keep telling yourself that.  ::)  ;D
Sorry, perhaps I should have said:
We are reformed characters since our patronisation course*

*Well, courses for you Mr YZ ;D
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 18 queries.