Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 2979969 times)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #24765 on: 20 January 2023, 09:09:59 »

We have decided to use her Easter holiday to finally go and have a look around for a car for wifey. I've been putting it off long enough, and she likes to see cars in the flesh rather than looking at them online. I reckon £20,000 is about our limit and I think (know) we'll get £6K for her astra.
I'm not looking forward to it, she faffs around.......a lot.

We went for the " range topping" 2.0 Homura just under £35,000 crazy money I know but that's the price of motors now, our neighbour has just bought a Focus for £30,000 ! Looks absolutely basic.
If you've got it, flaunt it  ;D

Ha ha, nothing to do with flaunting it typical woman " I like the colour of that one" ( red metallic) 😂 not interested in performance figures or anything .
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #24766 on: 20 January 2023, 15:02:41 »

French badged, but Toyota stamped all over the engine parts.  ;)
998cc engine. Ive had motorbikes with bigger engines.  ;D
£20 a year road tax.
MOT two days ago. Passed with no advisories.
84000 miles on the clock.
ULEZ exempt.
Had to spend a grand on it though.  :D

Good choice! I rather like these. Most of the ones I've seen under a grand have been total sheds. That sounds like a goodun though. And much less to go wrong than with dear Pierre 😉

I know a few people with them. They fall into the categorys of either not knowing how to open the bonnet / get them serviced or not caring, so if you've found one that has been looked after, well done!

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #24767 on: 20 January 2023, 15:25:59 »

We have decided to use her Easter holiday to finally go and have a look around for a car for wifey. I've been putting it off long enough, and she likes to see cars in the flesh rather than looking at them online. I reckon £20,000 is about our limit and I think (know) we'll get £6K for her astra.
I'm not looking forward to it, she faffs around.......a lot.

We went for the " range topping" 2.0 Homura just under £35,000 crazy money I know but that's the price of motors now, our neighbour has just bought a Focus for £30,000 ! Looks absolutely basic.
If you've got it, flaunt it  ;D

Ha ha, nothing to do with flaunting it typical woman " I like the colour of that one" ( red metallic) 😂 not interested in performance figures or anything .

https://youtu.be/-u1zT1sFtcs

This one?

Is it a coupe?.....I thought all MX5 were soft tops.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24768 on: 20 January 2023, 15:36:29 »

French badged, but Toyota stamped all over the engine parts.  ;)
998cc engine. Ive had motorbikes with bigger engines.  ;D
£20 a year road tax.
MOT two days ago. Passed with no advisories.
84000 miles on the clock.
ULEZ exempt.
Had to spend a grand on it though.  :D

Good choice! I rather like these. Most of the ones I've seen under a grand have been total sheds. That sounds like a goodun though. And much less to go wrong than with dear Pierre 😉

They are great little cars , a friend of mine bought a new Aygo a few years ago and to me to Bolton in it to pick up a Hyundai I'd bought of eBay I was really impressed with the performance of the little engine.
When are you picking up the MX5, Mick?

Should be all ready to collect by the 18th of February Steve.
Wow, that's quick. Compared to the five years Opti has to wait for his BMW  ;D

May 19th 2022.....so 8 months.

It's crazy. They offered me a a new 240i registered late 2022 with delivery miles (less than 100) miles available for immediate delivery.

The catch?

It is the old model with Idrive 7 rather than the Idrive 8 of the car I have ordered. They also want an additional £4400. :o :o

No thanks, I'll wait. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24769 on: 20 January 2023, 15:41:51 »

....and it was presented in Thundernight purple which has a whiff of the nancy boy about it. :D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #24770 on: 20 January 2023, 17:55:17 »

....and it was presented in Thundernight purple which has a whiff of the nancy boy about it. :D

Shame you were taken in by Uncle STEMO's piss taking and changed the colour.  :-\

I heard that the Thundernight Purple cars are the ones that hold their value the best as all the drug dealers want them.  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24771 on: 20 January 2023, 18:01:20 »

Shame you were taken in by Uncle STEMO's piss taking and changed the colour.  :-\

I heard that the Thundernight Purple cars are the ones that hold their value the best as all the drug dealers want them.  :)
I think Opti must have been on drugs when he ordered it. Thunder night purple indeed  ;D
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24772 on: 20 January 2023, 18:38:36 »

I think Opti must have been on drugs when he ordered it. Thunder night purple indeed  ;D

The colour was provisional. Just something to complete the order. Now Portimao blue unless I change it again. :)

There is also Brooklyn Grey, a colour very similar to just about every Austin ever produced in the 1950's. ::)
« Last Edit: 20 January 2023, 18:40:45 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #24773 on: 20 January 2023, 18:44:52 »

I think Opti must have been on drugs when he ordered it. Bell End Purple indeed  ;D

Fixed that for you Uncle STEMO!  :)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #24774 on: 20 January 2023, 18:46:41 »

The colour was provisional. Just something to complete the order. Now Portimao blue unless I change it again. :)

There is also Brooklyn Grey, a colour very similar to just about every Austin ever produced in the 1950's. ::)

Seeing as every other house is painted grey these days, you'd blend in with the surroundings OK.  ::)   ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24775 on: 22 January 2023, 10:38:03 »

Driven a fair few Aygo's, and quite liked them.  Obviously, they were all hire cars, so are the world's fastest car.  Nothing, aside from the slightly cramped interior, to dislike about them. That said, nothing to really love about them*.  Its a tool to get you and 1 passenger somewhere.

No idea on reliability, but lacking french electrics should be a positive.

*Ignoring the hire car factor, and the fact I always have run in under powered cars on bicycle tyres
Grumpy old man

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24776 on: 22 January 2023, 11:45:02 »

Driven a fair few Aygo's, and quite liked them.  Obviously, they were all hire cars, so are the world's fastest car.  Nothing, aside from the slightly cramped interior, to dislike about them. That said, nothing to really love about them*.  Its a tool to get you and 1 passenger somewhere.

That has always been Toyota's business model. It used to be Mercedes and VW's before they fell for their own marketing bullshit.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24777 on: 22 January 2023, 14:37:07 »

And it getting me from  A (home) to B (work) is exactly the job I bought it for. Ive yet to find anyone who has much bad to say about them which should be a good sign. Apparently they all use a bit of oil, but apart from that not too much to go wrong - I hope.
I have my other two cars for comfort / toys / speed / handling etc.
This deliberately a white good purchase.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24778 on: 22 January 2023, 14:39:51 »

Brought the Boxster to work today to fit a replacement o/s window regulator.
A bit if a faff with freezing cold hands, but its all done now.
Trying to muster the bravado to go out and pressure wash the salt and shite off the underneath of the Omega and then give it a wash.
Omega is also at work because the roller skate was delivered to here, so need to get swmbo to come and drive it back home at some point.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #24779 on: 22 January 2023, 19:55:20 »

Fitted  8 new plugs and new 8 coils on the Jaguar, it’s purring again now😎
Laying a rubber road.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 17 queries.