Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3067021 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #24840 on: 02 February 2023, 12:53:02 »

Finally got round to fitting the new screen wash pump on the Mondeo that has been sitting on the side for ages.  ::)

Unlike the Omega it's tucked inside the bumper and accessed from below after removing the undertray.

Typically, despite my best efforts I got a face full of screenwash when I pulled the old pump out, and after when I was adjusting the jets the pipes popped off the pump and I had screenwash pissing out from the bumper!  ::)

So I have to do it again now!  Pffft!  >:(
If you managed to pull the 'pipes' off under the bumper by playing with the washer jets, I take it there's not a lot of slack?
That's quite a distance.

No I wasn't messing with the pipes, just adjusting the direction of the jets with a needle.

As the ends of the pipes on the pump were wet, the back pressure popped them off..... I think.  :-\

I'll leave them for a couple of days to dry out and then reassemble with a smear of silly cone. Should do the trick.  :y

Exactly the same.

After cleaning out the washer pump filter I now have wet stuff hitting the screen. :y

The pump pipes still leak/drip but at least I have water so that can be sorted another day.

Well you're a step ahead of me M'Lud as I now have a pump whirring away but no water on the screens, just a big puddle underneath!  ::)  ;D

My pump is GM marked so guessing it is the original from 2007.

They don't make them like they used to. :)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #24841 on: 06 February 2023, 15:51:53 »

Oil and Filter on the Beemer and washed the black Omega as it was white with salt.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24842 on: 06 February 2023, 16:31:43 »

Oil and Filter on the Beemer and washed the black Omega as it was white with salt.

Does the F10 have a dipstick, or is it a ‘Warm engine up to running temperature, park on a flat surface, go to service menu, stand on one leg and whistle Dixie while the system checks the level. I have a dipstick tube under the engine cover (for suction) but no dipstick, just a short tube plug ……that looks like the end of a dipstick.  ::)
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #24843 on: 06 February 2023, 17:28:21 »

My windscreen pump saga goes on.  ::)

Yesterday I reattached the front screen pipe with a smear of glue. The rear screen pipe seemed nice and firm so I left it.

Today, whilst out and about I gave the washers a good test, then the back screen washer stopped and I have a puddle under the front end again....   :(

Tomorrow I'll get under it again and will reattach the rear screen pipe with a smear of glue.  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #24844 on: 06 February 2023, 21:15:27 »

My windscreen pump saga goes on.  ::)

Yesterday I reattached the front screen pipe with a smear of glue. The rear screen pipe seemed nice and firm so I left it.

Today, whilst out and about I gave the washers a good test, then the back screen washer stopped and I have a puddle under the front end again....   :(

Tomorrow I'll get under it again and will reattach the rear screen pipe with a smear of glue.  ::)
'Third time's a Charm'  :P

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #24845 on: 06 February 2023, 21:46:36 »

Does the F10 have a dipstick, or is it a ‘Warm engine up to running temperature, park on a flat surface, go to service menu, stand on one leg and whistle Dixie while the system checks the level. I have a dipstick tube under the engine cover (for suction) but no dipstick, just a short tube plug ……that looks like the end of a dipstick.  ::)

Yeh mine does (530D N57) it's not obvious until you look closely at the rear of the block, So I use both the dipstick and iDrive reading (iDrive tells you if sufficient level to start engine then displays level with engine running), I do tend to check the level after each trip for the first week after changing the oil to be confident.

The V70 has what Volvo call a 'technicians' dipstick right down at sump level which is accessed from below, you can get a standard one from Volvo which I believe the Police requested as the D4 and D5 engines suffer with the 'diesel in sump' DPF regen issue so the advice is not to fill the oil level to Max but 3/4. I 've got the kit here, just need to fit it before I do a service on it. I've read that Volvo re wrote the software so that the dash oil level shows as full when the level is 3/4.
« Last Edit: 06 February 2023, 21:48:09 by VXL V6 »

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24846 on: 06 February 2023, 22:17:23 »

Yeh mine does (530D N57) it's not obvious until you look closely at the rear of the block, So I use both the dipstick and iDrive reading (iDrive tells you if sufficient level to start engine then displays level with engine running), I do tend to check the level after each trip for the first week after changing the oil to be confident.

The V70 has what Volvo call a 'technicians' dipstick right down at sump level which is accessed from below, you can get a standard one from Volvo which I believe the Police requested as the D4 and D5 engines suffer with the 'diesel in sump' DPF regen issue so the advice is not to fill the oil level to Max but 3/4. I 've got the kit here, just need to fit it before I do a service on it. I've read that Volvo re wrote the software so that the dash oil level shows as full when the level is 3/4.

This is what worries me about this system, I don’t really like it showing ‘Max’ just in case of diesel in sump issues. The bmw straight six diesel is a lovely engine, I’ve had quite a few myself, with most of them being coupes, from E92 330d/335d to F32 430d/435d. Cracking engine but my wife started to find the coupe quite low down to drive, but I loved them. Unless someone has driven one they won’t appreciate the sheer pull up to silly speeds.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #24847 on: 06 February 2023, 22:42:22 »

This is what worries me about this system, I don’t really like it showing ‘Max’ just in case of diesel in sump issues. The bmw straight six diesel is a lovely engine, I’ve had quite a few myself, with most of them being coupes, from E92 330d/335d to F32 430d/435d. Cracking engine but my wife started to find the coupe quite low down to drive, but I loved them. Unless someone has driven one they won’t appreciate the sheer pull up to silly speeds.  :y

Yes agreed, the torque is very impressive and coupled to the ZF 8 speed auto in the F10 it makes for a brilliant barge.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #24848 on: 06 February 2023, 23:13:55 »

I miss my 335d touring very much. It was immensely capable and surprisingly economical given the performance

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24849 on: 06 February 2023, 23:20:50 »

Oil. oil filter. air filter and plugs in the C1 roller skate. Drained the oil using a 12v pump for the first time.
Slow and more trouble than its worth is my conclusuion. I took the sump plug out when it had finished its work, and got another cupful of old oil out.  ::)
Just need to install the DAB wireless and ariel now and then hopefully all done until MOT next January..................yeah, like thats going to happen.  ::) ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24850 on: 07 February 2023, 09:02:05 »

Oil. oil filter. air filter and plugs in the C1 roller skate. Drained the oil using a 12v pump for the first time.
Slow and more trouble than its worth is my conclusuion. I took the sump plug out when it had finished its work, and got another cupful of old oil out.  ::)
Just need to install the DAB wireless and ariel now and then hopefully all done until MOT next January..................yeah, like thats going to happen.  ::) ;D
I really must drain the sump on the Big Black Pussy, after all, I've probably had it 5 or 6 years now.

But the undertrays are stupidly long, and a pain to remove without a lift, so I suspect I'll keep sucking it out instead.  I guess the advantage of that engine is it has a proper sucky tube, which makes it trivial.  Obviously, I'd rather have a dipstick instead, but ho hum.
Grumpy old man

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #24851 on: 07 February 2023, 12:03:07 »

Just got a condenser with integrated dryer and two lower front arms for the Jaguar from Autodoc £220 all in great price
Laying a rubber road.

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
« Reply #24852 on: 07 February 2023, 13:47:03 »

Cambelt kit just turned up, job for tomorrow now.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #24853 on: 07 February 2023, 15:09:42 »

Washed & polished the Subaru & gave it a good look over MOT next week
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #24854 on: 07 February 2023, 15:31:31 »

Had to clean it again this morning. ::) Parked it on the road yesterday and the gritter truck went past and showered it and the mixture, (which i believe contains molasses) stuck to the drivers side and i could hardly see in the door mirrors. That'll teach me not to put it on the driveway.  :D

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.