Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3076030 times)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #24705 on: 16 January 2023, 21:34:00 »

Drove the RR to Peterborough & bought SWMBO a new MX5 for her birthday, she's always wanted one.
New new or used new? Don't tell me you bought some VAT Mick?

New new Steve, had a moment of weakness..😆
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #24706 on: 16 January 2023, 22:04:12 »

Drove the RR to Peterborough & bought SWMBO a new MX5 for her birthday, she's always wanted one.

I'm sure the Government will spend that VAT wisely  :)
oh wait  :-[

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24707 on: 16 January 2023, 22:15:01 »

Pick a fight with her and cancel the order, you know it makes sense   ;D
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24708 on: 16 January 2023, 22:47:23 »

Pick a fight with her and cancel the order, you know it makes sense   ;D

It's taken months to convince her to spend some cash on a vehicle she's always hankered after, we've had two years of dealing with solicitors & estate agents plus pain in the arse housebuyers since her cousin died, now it's all over going to get back to enjoying ourselves.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #24709 on: 17 January 2023, 01:26:57 »

Good on you, enjoy it while you can mate👍👍
Laying a rubber road.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24710 on: 17 January 2023, 08:05:17 »

sons boyfriends
Now I dont mean to stereotype, but that ususally always means the car is utterly fooked.
No need to stereotype. Judging by the guys in my team at work, anything owned by a Gen Z'er will be "utterly fooked". ::)

I do try to instil the need for basic maintenance, or even checking things like tyre pressures, but to no avail.

Its been 'serviced' by a trusted garage, given what I am finding the trust is not warranted, sealent everywhere, they didn't even bother with a gasket on the water pump, screwdriver shaped hole in a coolant pipe, rad drain tap with a bolt in it because they snapped the plastic, the list goes on....

It is filthy, massive dent in one of the sills, inside looks like a council tip.

But its 'only' done 60k miles and is probably worth a few k

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24711 on: 17 January 2023, 08:07:53 »

Good on you, enjoy it while you can mate👍👍

Thanks buddy, she's had a rough few years younger brother died in Egypt in 2019 and it took us 4 months to get his body back ( long story) then her cousin in 2020 & her elder brother has cancer & dementia, she has files upon files of paperwork regarding the deaths so it has been quite stressful, so going on a cruise in 10 days time & hopefully her new car when we return, 3 car family again.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24712 on: 17 January 2023, 08:12:14 »

It's taken months to convince her to spend some cash on a vehicle she's always hankered after, we've had two years of dealing with solicitors & estate agents plus pain in the arse housebuyers since her cousin died, now it's all over going to get back to enjoying ourselves.

Absolutely the right thing to do

Some years ago we came to the conclusion we have enough money to get what we wanted and so we bought the F-Type, best thing we did  :y

We know we will lose money on it but it brings a smile to your face

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24713 on: 17 January 2023, 08:41:25 »

Some years ago we came to the conclusion we have enough money to get what we wanted and so we bought the F-Type, best thing we did  :y

I think she felt guilty about the inheritance but friends & myself have convinced her as you say life is for living , none of us are immortal.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24714 on: 17 January 2023, 11:22:51 »

I think she felt guilty about the inheritance but friends & myself have convinced her as you say life is for living , none of us are immortal.
You're all mad. I think a trip to Barnsley and a lesson in economics is well overdue  ;D
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #24715 on: 17 January 2023, 11:46:30 »

we've had two years of dealing with solicitors & estate agents plus pain in the arse housebuyers

I feel your pain Mick, as I've been dealing with estate agents and solicitors for the last couple of years and the levels of incompetence is staggering.  :o  ::)

Useless solicitors especially!  >:(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #24716 on: 17 January 2023, 12:37:35 »

we've had two years of dealing with solicitors & estate agents plus pain in the arse housebuyers

I feel your pain Mick, as I've been dealing with estate agents and solicitors for the last couple of years and the levels of incompetence is staggering.  :o  ::)

My Mum died over two years ago. The bungalow she lived in was only part owned by her. The rest was in my late cousins estate, as he was killed in a motor bike accident some years ago. The estate is now being administered by two trustees, one of whom is a solicitor. Trying to get the lazy sods to do anything regarding the sale of the property has been a total pain. Finally went on the market last week. Hoo farkin ray.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #24717 on: 17 January 2023, 13:22:45 »

Never owned an F-Type.....would love to though. :)

However Duckworth Jaguar were stupid enough to allow me a 24 hour test drive in both a 2 wheel drive and 4 wheel drive 5.0 SC V8.

I feel safer in the 4 WD version with 550 BHP on tap.

The noise they made is like the end of the world..... >:D >:D

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #24718 on: 17 January 2023, 15:07:06 »

Removed the side indicator repeater on the 530D, tested the feed to it, attempted to dry the sealed LED unit to revive it. No good, ordered a new one (Mine has the park assist sensor in it so typically the unit with the hole in the housing for this is three times more expensive than the standard one :( ) Ordered new genuine unit, once fitted I think a session with a dremel on the old unit will follow to see if a repair can be made  :-\

New unit fitted. No longer a 'stereotypical' BMW driver  :D

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24719 on: 17 January 2023, 15:53:08 »

Solicitors not only incompetent but complete liars, both house sales were completed around August the 4th 2022 wifey only received her inheritance on November the 21st, they were stringing her along with insurance  & inheritance tax nonsense while sitting on a pot of cash , in the end I accompanied her on a visit to the Solicitors and insisted the money be in our account within 48 hours   ( very politely for me.) But it should never have to come to that

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.