Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheap or swap?  (Read 1310 times)

Neil (Cardiff)

• Cardiff
    • View Profile
Cheap or swap?
« on: 24 December 2009, 00:46:17 »

I'm looking to sell or swap my Omega and I trust people on here not to rip me off  :y

I haven't had the car long at all and I only really bought it as an emergency because I promised a trip to my sister-in-law's and it was cheap.

The only reason I want rid is purely because it's an automatic and for that reason I hate it  :P which is a shame because other than that it's one of the nicest cars I've had (I've had a lot!)

It's and M reg (1994), 2.5 V6 CDX with about 110k on the clock, I'm still using it daily so it may vary. It's taxed till the end of April and MOT'd till sometime in Aug.

Now the bits you're all after, whats wrong with it!....

- The main thing is the heater. At the moment the vac pipe is off the HBV but the matrix needs flushing I believe.

- It needs two front tyres pretty badly although I'm going to get a part worn and put the spare on the car after Xmas so it may be done but I can't promise.

- The body work on the front does have a few dents and scratches. A bit more than usual but nothing to fail an MOT or anything like that. I have pictures which I can e-mail to anyone interested.

- Sometimes if the car hasn't run for a few days it can be a bit difficult to start from cold but it has always got there in the end! So I haven't made any effort to sort it.

- No radio, but the original is in the boot.

- I don't think the key works in the doors. They might, but I've never tried to force them because I don't want to snap it. The fob works fine but the battery is on the way out.

I've tried to be honest but there maybe little things that really have just slipped my mind. The car is getting on now after all. Any questions or common problem areas on these things just ask and I'll check it out.

I've changed the MAF which was causing problems and the coolant and the car really does run lovely now. No troubles with the auto box or engine, they'll go forever!

I'm looking for any reasonable offers or to swap for a manual anything of similar condition (tax & MOT really) I don't really have any money and I need a road legal car. A swap would be ideal.

Think that's all. Any questions feel free to ask!

« Last Edit: 24 December 2009, 01:02:31 by neil_999 »

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
Re: Cheap or swap?
« Reply #1 on: 24 December 2009, 00:50:16 »

Colour, model (GLS, CDX etc) and some phot's might help people make thier minds up if they are interested.   :y :y
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 December 2009, 00:51:57 »

Although I'm not in the market/interested .. an idea of what you wish to "swap" for might help engender interest ??

"manual anything" covers a bubble car to a stretched limo !!!

You've left folks doing a lot of guessing at the moment .. :(
« Last Edit: 24 December 2009, 00:53:14 by entwood »

Neil (Cardiff)

• Cardiff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 December 2009, 01:01:47 »

Nope I really do mean anything  :y I wouldn't mind a bubble car or a limo actually  :P

Neil (Cardiff)

• Cardiff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 December 2009, 01:03:30 »

Sorry, wasn't expecting replies so quickly. Was just trying to work out how to get photo's up  :y

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 December 2009, 01:06:36 »

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1215723122

Tunnie did this guide that may be of interest.   :y :y
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 21 queries.