Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Poly rear donut bushes - free road noise upgrade  (Read 2311 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Poly rear donut bushes - free road noise upgrade
« Reply #15 on: 22 February 2015, 14:57:49 »

camber kits aren't recommended as I recall, but cannot remember why :-[
Mostly because it doesn't need it.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Poly rear donut bushes - free road noise upgrade
« Reply #16 on: 22 February 2015, 19:08:58 »

Mine came from Pedders - they also do the rear camber adjustment kits.
Monkfish are cheaper :y

The group buy a couple of years ago was through Pedders, but included a reasonable discount... camber kits aren't recommended as I recall, but cannot remember why :-[
Yeah, I got a set from the group buy.

The rear camber kit issue is that the stiffer bushes restrict the effect of the rear toe bars I think.  Depends how you like it to behave at the back.

Rear camber adjustment is out of range if lowering beyond 20mm or so. Some are tempted to fit excentric poly trailing arm bushes to correct this. This is potentially a bad idea because;

1 the camber correction bar was added to the design after the Carlton, so all omegas have them.

2 omegas rely on the Spongy nature of the oe rubber bushes to allow adjustment via the rear track rods/camber correction bar.

3 the geometry of the omega design means that if the camber is adjusted too much, and full compression is reached which is arguably more likely on a lowered car, the rear suspension has the potential to lock up. It's a bit like going over top dead centre on a design thats never meant to. If that makes sense.

Rear camber correction bushes are fine on other models, without rear track rods. Not on Omega.

So on the rear trailing arms. Poly not advised. Excentric camber correction not advised.

Of course, if on track, who cares. Go for it. :)
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.