Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Nearly lost it today  (Read 2826 times)

STMO123

Nearly lost it today
« on: 06 April 2007, 21:12:17 »

...my license that is. Coming home on the M62, averaging 80-90 as usual, overtook a young bird in a rover 200. She didn't like it at all and was right up my arse in no time. Being bored, I accelerated away from her 90-95-100.....she's still there...in a rover 200....rather mad woman. So, off I went 105...110, she couldn't/wouldn't keep up, so I pulled over into the middle lane and the cow saw her chance and came past me at way over 100!

Anyway, to the point. I lit a fag and settled down to about 80 again. Within one minute a traffic cop in a T5 came past me and had her!

The colour drained from my face. What a idiot! I could've lost my license for f*cking around if he'd have been sixty seconds earlier.

Never again. Honest ;)
« Last Edit: 06 April 2007, 21:12:36 by STMO123 »

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
Re: Nearly lost it today
« Reply #1 on: 06 April 2007, 21:33:44 »

A lucky escape indeed :y but fancy being beaten by a woman ;D
Retired

STMO123

« Reply #2 on: 06 April 2007, 21:34:34 »

I know. I'm a sh1thouse aren't I :(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 April 2007, 21:38:02 »

...my license that is. Coming home on the M62, averaging 80-90 as usual, overtook a young bird in a rover 200. She didn't like it at all and was right up my arse in no time. Being bored, I accelerated away from her 90-95-100.....she's still there...in a rover 200....rather mad woman. So, off I went 105...110, she couldn't/wouldn't keep up, so I pulled over into the middle lane and the cow saw her chance and came past me at way over 100!

Anyway, to the point. I lit a fag and settled down to about 80 again. Within one minute a traffic cop in a T5 came past me and had her!

The colour drained from my face. What a idiot! I could've lost my license for f*cking around if he'd have been sixty seconds earlier.

Never again. Honest ;)
Similar experience going to Cornwall last May, only higher speeds involved.  I saw the copper about a mile back in my mirror coming off sliproad, so I pulled it back in middle lane and dropped to 80ish, but the Honda didn't and kept going.  We overtook the pair of them a few mins later, as they were parked up on the hard shoulder of the M5....
Grumpy old man

STMO123

« Reply #4 on: 06 April 2007, 21:40:29 »

Never again. Honest ;)
Similar experience going to Cornwall last May, only higher speeds involved.  I saw the copper about a mile back in my mirror coming off sliproad, so I pulled it back in middle lane and dropped to 80ish, but the Honda didn't and kept going.  We overtook the pair of them a few mins later, as they were parked up on the hard shoulder of the M5....

I've got budget tyres on the back :-[ I start fretting about them at 100+

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 April 2007, 21:45:36 »

I think women are getting a bit brave these days. I saw my bum at a women sitting in the second lane of a dual carriageway the other day. So when we pulled up at a roundabout me in the inside lane her in the outside I gave the old bus some welly and got away first. The other side of the roundabout I pulled into the outside lane to overtake some slower moving traffic and then pulled in as we approached a right had bend followed by a left hand bend and slowed a little expecting her to bottle it, to my suprise she kept her foot down and nearly got past me. I know it was very silly of me but I do have these stupid moments every know and again but they get less frequent as im getting older. Oh and why do women bank there cars around corners you know if its a left hand bend they lean out of the seat to the left. ;D
Retired

STMO123

« Reply #6 on: 06 April 2007, 21:49:08 »

I think women are getting a bit brave these days. I saw my bum at a women sitting in the second lane of a dual carriageway the other day. So when we pulled up at a roundabout me in the inside lane her in the outside I gave the old bus some welly and got away first. The other side of the roundabout I pulled into the outside lane to overtake some slower moving traffic and then pulled in as we approached a right had bend followed by a left hand bend and slowed a little expecting her to bottle it, to my suprise she kept her foot down and nearly got past me. I know it was very silly of me but I do have these stupid moments every know and again but they get less frequent as im getting older. Oh and why do women bank there cars around corners you know if its a left hand bend they lean out of the seat to the left. ;D

A bit brave? Some of them are f*ckin lunatics!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06 April 2007, 22:00:05 »

Never again. Honest ;)

I've got budget tyres on the back :-[ I start fretting about them at 100+
Thats why, on the MV6, I keep decent tyres on.

The tractor may get a midrange tyre on....
Grumpy old man

Timbuk

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
  • owned a Datsun 120y once!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06 April 2007, 22:01:00 »

A young one at that :D

STMO123

« Reply #9 on: 06 April 2007, 22:03:07 »

A young one at that :D

OOOOOOO!..Dont

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06 April 2007, 22:03:58 »

well comin home from work the other morning and a Honda something with a noisey exhaust was at the lights, now through the lights is a steep bank and it was raining so i decided to ram my foot down, bombed off through the lights got halfway up the bank car changed gear and was twitching about up the back the TC light flashing on and off then off "Vader" went... laughing my head off  ;D

Same lights and bank a few weeks ago there was a big BMW that i thought i'd have a play with, off i went got to the top and slowed off wetting myself and he came roaring past obviously not happy that a £30,000 car beat him off the lights ;D
« Last Edit: 06 April 2007, 22:06:12 by Loo-knee »
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06 April 2007, 22:07:21 »

serves her right for driving a rover at 100 +  ;) ;D ;D

STMO123

« Reply #12 on: 06 April 2007, 22:08:39 »

TB will smack your bottom ;D

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06 April 2007, 22:21:16 »

TB will smack your bottom ;D

;D ;D ;D

Trouble is with the Senny i am always too eager to race, because i know i can beat them.....

Good thing about the 2.2 is i know i can't.... so i can't race  :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06 April 2007, 22:25:14 »

Of course, I have never driven the Rover at 100mph ::)
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.