Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Just had a thought!!  (Read 1965 times)

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
Re: Just had a thought!!
« Reply #15 on: 08 April 2007, 15:42:00 »

I could bring one of the 'Company' magic boxes to let you know if its safe to drive after a couple of dry sherries??

In fact I will bring it, and to Drax, in case Thursday is a bit of an event....

B

Legal or not, driving under the influence of any alcohol reduces reaction times, gives a false sense of confidence, and is just not safe.

If you're drinking, don't drive home. Seriously. Whether it's after a sip or two glasses of dry sherry.. don't do it.

Having said that... I'd be extremely interested to have a go on a breath tester after a beer or two, and see at exactly what point it says "you're done for!!"

::)

James - No offence taken nor indeed intended but a wee gentle reminder to you that, whilst perhaps I do like eggs, I'm not your granny and know the difference between breathing in and blowing out.   :D   I have seen the results of drunken driving and slowed reactions first hand, more than once.....

My intention on bringing this device to Drax was to prevent people driving home on Friday after a potential session on Thursday night and still being half gassed but under the missaprehension that they were sober......  And avoiding exactly the situation you describe.  It is intended as a road safety thing, not a plaything.

:y
« Last Edit: 08 April 2007, 16:58:47 by hotel21 »

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Re: Just had a thought!!
« Reply #16 on: 08 April 2007, 22:38:09 »

Obviously.. I didn't mean any offence, or to try and teach you your job

I just always make a negative stand about drink driving... becaue a close friend of mine was killed 3 months ago, in a 306 being driven by a drunk young idiot at 70 in a 30 zone.. lost it on a bend.

She was 19.. god bless her.

Stupid thing was... the guy that was driving.. got out without anymore than a bruise, and his punishment by the judge was something I'd have expected to be given out for dropping litter, not killing someone :( :( :(

I've not read much about it... where is this event being held, and how long is it lasting?? Is any work going on.. or just a knees up? Is there an airport anywhere nearby?

Expect it would be too late to make arrangements now... but I'd like to come and see exactly how much like my granny you really do look like ;D ;D ;D

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.