Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: lpg on v6 2.6 omega best system  (Read 495 times)

4huftys

• Worcester Hereford boarder
    • View Profile
lpg on v6 2.6 omega best system
« on: 21 July 2009, 17:44:23 »

Can all who have had their 2.6 Omegas converted
tell me how they find that system, what model and make of system about to buy a front end kit looking to find a good one that work well with the 2.6
Cheers Dave
« Last Edit: 21 July 2009, 18:07:37 by 4huftys »

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: lpg on v6 2.6 omega best system
« Reply #1 on: 21 July 2009, 18:23:00 »

Mine's a 3.0 but I used the AC/Stag kit we can get from a supplier at a very good price. There are several of us who have converted with this kit and it seems to be very reliable :y :y :y IIRCC the front end kit comes in at around £500 with everything you need, including some metal for mounting components, and polyflex pipe :y :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Martin_1962

« Reply #2 on: 21 July 2009, 19:41:17 »

Mine is Romano - which is OK - it goes lean at high revs and WOT

Best quite is supposed to be Prinz

The OOF common kit Stag is supposed to be quite good

PMitchell

• Oxford, Oxfordshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 July 2009, 19:42:53 »

I used a BRC sequent 56 system and it works just fine.  I get a good 27-28Mpg on gas.  Only thing I would say is that the injectors are a bit noisy.  My full fit with cert. etc. by LPGA member was £1640.  I do 35-40K miles a year so I get it back quick!

HTH

Paul

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 July 2009, 19:51:22 »

I used a BRC sequent 56 system and it works just fine.  I get a good 27-28Mpg on gas.  Only thing I would say is that the injectors are a bit noisy.  My full fit with cert. etc. by LPGA member was £1640.  I do 35-40K miles a year so I get it back quick!

HTH

Paul

I assume that's on a run? or are you talking price equivalent?
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

PMitchell

• Oxford, Oxfordshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 July 2009, 19:54:03 »

I have also used Prinz VSI and found it to be a good system.  I have suffered vaporiser blockage though on both the wifes' landcruiser (also LPG - Prinz) and my old Volvo S90, they seem to not like any muck or heavy ends in the fuel and glue themselves shut.  Not a big problem, but if you do fit Prinz, make sure the vaporiser is easy to get at and off as it will need to be cleaned and rebuilt.  Only about 50-60 quid, but even so.  I have driven about 140,000 miles on the Volvo Landcruier and Omega now and no real problems to report, keep it serviced like you would a petrol system and you won't go far wrong.  Oh, BTW, Prinz injectors are quieter!

Cheers

Paul

PMitchell

• Oxford, Oxfordshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 July 2009, 20:02:56 »

Lzydocker, yup that's the average I get on LPG, or around 33-34 Mpg on petrol.  I really only drive on motorways, though I always sit on the M6 in the afternoon, going nowhere fast! and a few trips round town at weekends, so others may get a bit less.  Motorway only over a 212 mile run (my daily commute round trip) I use 34 to 34.5 litres of LPG.  Cruise set to not upset plod and best economy seems to be around 73mph indicated.  I also always use climate control and all electrics to suit, doesn't seem to make the slightest difference.

Petrol at my Shell garage is 102.9p for 95 octane and LPG 52.9p, but I also fill up in Telford at Countrywide at 50.8p so equivalent cost consumption is 102.9/52.9x27.5=53.5mpg (rounded worst case) and 102.9/50.8x27.5=55.7mpg (rounded best case)
VW1.9TD territory, but with all the good stuff you get in the Mig.  I am a happy man. (as soon as I cure the chuffin misfire which I am beginning to think is an air leak at no6 manifold stub or plenum seal, still only when cold and only for a few seconds, so I can live with it for now. And the fuel figures are with this malady!!)

Cheers

Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.