Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rear subframe bushes  (Read 1109 times)

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
Rear subframe bushes
« on: 09 August 2007, 10:43:07 »

Hey guys

One of my rear subframe bushes has a fair bit of play in it, which may be contributing to a pull under braking (although there is a clunk related to the steering that is yet to be investigated). So it looks like I have to replace both of them.

Has anyone done it, and how long did it take? Looks like a big job! Also, where's the best place to get replacements -- trade club maybe?

Cheers.

DaveL

• Omega Knight
  • Nr. Cupar, Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
Re: Rear subframe bushes
« Reply #1 on: 09 August 2007, 10:57:48 »

Not really difficult to do. The old ones took a bit of pursausion to come out. The new ones, lub up with fairy liquid and push up from underneath. I think the cost of them was about £12 + vat each.

hth
Dave.

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 August 2007, 11:52:30 »

Not really difficult to do. The old ones took a bit of pursausion to come out. The new ones, lub up with fairy liquid and push up from underneath. I think the cost of them was about £12 + vat each.

hth
Dave.

Cheers for that Dave. Are you sure we're talking about the same bushes though? These ones looked like quite a job to replace, and an earlier search of the forum brought up some threads where prices were mentioned in the region of £37 each.

They're the ones just diagonally forward of the rear wheels. You can't actually see them as they're beneath a big metal plate that is part of the rear subframe I think. Are these the ones you mean?

Cheers
Paul.

DaveL

• Omega Knight
  • Nr. Cupar, Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 August 2007, 12:45:03 »

P.M. sent.

DaveL

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 August 2007, 19:25:26 »

Cheers mate. Can you confirm which of these bushes it is so I can order some. I suspect the third, they are all from the same seller on eBay and are priced at £11 (rear cross member rear bush), £12.99 (rear trailing arm inner bush) and £22 (rear cross member front bush). They are shown in the photos below in the order listed. All prices are for one bush, plus £6.99 post. If you can get them cheaper please let me know where.

Paul.
« Last Edit: 14 August 2007, 19:29:21 by Paul_M »

JasonH

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 August 2007, 22:41:59 »

I was thinking of doing mine a little while ago and did some research. Basically you use a claw hammer or crowbar to pull the bushes out (after removing the plate). There are gaps which the lever fits into a bit like removing the lid from a can of paint.

IIRC genuine bushes are about £30 each trade + VAT, no TC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 18 queries.