Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Land/Range Rover insurance  (Read 9387 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Land/Range Rover insurance
« on: 22 February 2024, 15:23:07 »

I was driving past Sytner Land Rover dealer in Wakefield this morning. Someone has parked a Range Rover outside with proper magnetic signs on it saying
Do not buy a Land Rover from Sytner   UNINSURABLE

Another happy customer.
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Land/Range Rover insurance
« Reply #1 on: 22 February 2024, 15:33:31 »

Quite nickable, I hear.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 February 2024, 15:42:11 »

Aren't JLR offering insurance to those that claim they cant get insurance, but on the understanding that they don't leave the cars unlocked, or the keys in them?
Grumpy old man

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 February 2024, 15:46:52 »

In London it is virtually impossible to insure a Range Rover I'm led to believe, one guy on the forum has been quoted £18,000 to insure his new SVR value of it is approximately £140,000 crazy money.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 February 2024, 15:51:26 »

Aren't JLR offering insurance to those that claim they cant get insurance, but on the understanding that they don't leave the cars unlocked, or the keys in them?

They are but according to Autocar magazine there is a long list of exclusions including.

Anyone over 70
High crime area.

Apparently some owners can't even get a quote regardless.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 February 2024, 15:53:11 »

They are very expensive, yet they are everywhere. There are loads knocking around Barnsleywakefield, not older ones, either. How the hell so many people can afford to shell out £50,000+ for a car I'll never know.
Mind you there are plenty of Kia/Hyundai EV's too, and they are £40,000+. Wife's car, the grandland we bought in June, was £21,500, and I don't think I'd consider spending any more on a car.
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 February 2024, 16:46:34 »

They are very expensive, yet they are everywhere. There are loads knocking around Barnsleywakefield, not older ones, either. How the hell so many people can afford to shell out £50,000+ for a car I'll never know.
Mind you there are plenty of Kia/Hyundai EV's too, and they are £40,000+. Wife's car, the grandland we bought in June, was £21,500, and I don't think I'd consider spending any more on a car.

Presumably this would be about £40,000 new, at list price.

I wanted a used M240i but (at the time) they were £6-10,000 were expensive than a new one.

The insanity has abated since then, thankfully.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 February 2024, 17:51:01 »

They are very expensive, yet they are everywhere. There are loads knocking around Barnsleywakefield, not older ones, either. How the hell so many people can afford to shell out £50,000+ for a car I'll never know. .....

..... and some! We were at the caravan club site next to this sales place last year - I couldn't believe the prices of these types of car
https://www.alexandersprestige.co.uk/used-cars/?manufacturer=Land+Rover

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 February 2024, 18:05:20 »

They are very expensive, yet they are everywhere. There are loads knocking around Barnsleywakefield, not older ones, either. How the hell so many people can afford to shell out £50,000+ for a car I'll never know. .....

..... and some! We were at the caravan club site next to this sales place last year - I couldn't believe the prices of these types of car
Yeah, I know the prices are astronomical when new, Andy. But I was including the 2-3-4 year old ones, loads of them round here.
Diesel till I die

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22 February 2024, 18:17:58 »

Yeah, I know the prices are astronomical when new, Andy. But I was including the 2-3-4 year old ones, loads of them round here.
those cars I linked to were 2/3/4 year old Steve  ;)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 February 2024, 18:19:36 »

those cars I linked to were 2/3/4 year old Steve  ;)
Firkin ridiculous prices for an unreliable shitbox  ;D
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22 February 2024, 18:23:05 »

Imagine spending £90K on a second hand Range Rover only for your neighbour to pull up in his £150K one and look down his nose at yours  ;D
Diesel till I die

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22 February 2024, 18:34:38 »

Imagine spending £90K on a second hand Range Rover only for your neighbour to pull up in his £150K one and look down his nose at yours  ;D

It'll never happen ..... it took me long enough to get my head around spending £26k on my ML ...... my first house (in 1988) was the same price ... so £90k would be a none starter!  ;D ;D

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22 February 2024, 19:25:18 »

Got the original bill of sale of my 2007 one £59, 837.58 I paid £7,000 for it just over 4 years ago spent & I've probably spent £3,500 on it for servicing & bringing it up to  my required standard almost changed it for an SVR a few months back until I saw the insurance quote (£1400) at present i pay £340 got absolutely no intention of changing it does absolutely everything I expect from it & is superbly comfortable.
« Last Edit: 22 February 2024, 19:31:43 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 22 February 2024, 22:19:45 »

Swmbo Evoque has gone from £580 -> £750 -> £975 (as at today, thinking about renewal in July). That's for a 2015 car that WBAC reckons is worth £8650. She hasn't made any claims or moved in that time either. That's purely cost inflation.

This will probably push us back towards a company EV I think, roll two cars (300c and Evoque) into one. We will probably save money and I won't have to lie under either of them.  :-\
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.