Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Barclaycard  (Read 4006 times)

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
Re: Barclaycard
« Reply #45 on: 23 March 2009, 20:41:51 »

If it's any consolation Dusty I once had to help sort out a lady with card debts of £65,000  :o :o

Her interest was more than her wage  :-/

Sort her out Mark?  Hmmmmm.....

There's always a way - but it wasn't easy.  

First thing to do involves a pair of scissors and a bin  :y
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 23 March 2009, 20:45:47 »

there is another solution for those with credit cards from before April 2007 - you can apply to challenge the legality of the agreement and have the balance of the card wiped out if the agreement is non-compliant.   This process does not affect your credit rating and does work.   Check my website for details.

Would that be the same way reclaiming bank charges doesn't affect credit rating.....?

Does your site charge for the information...?

this is the rules of it

An unenforceable contract under the CCA 74 could also be one where a creditor or a debt collection agency has failed to supply a copy of a credit agreement after a request under S77 of the Consumer Credit Act. A failure to supply a copy of the agreement after 12 days will mean that until the agreement is supplied, the debt relating to it cannot be collected.

And in english that means exactly what :question
swmbo is still waiting bank charges ::) ::) ::)
« Last Edit: 23 March 2009, 20:46:07 by floodm »

stuart30

« Reply #47 on: 23 March 2009, 20:54:32 »

there is another solution for those with credit cards from before April 2007 - you can apply to challenge the legality of the agreement and have the balance of the card wiped out if the agreement is non-compliant.   This process does not affect your credit rating and does work.   Check my website for details.

Would that be the same way reclaiming bank charges doesn't affect credit rating.....?

this is the rules of it

An unenforceable contract under the CCA 74 could also be one where a creditor or a debt collection agency has failed to supply a copy of a credit agreement after a request under S77 of the Consumer Credit Act. A failure to supply a copy of the agreement after 12 days will mean that until the agreement is supplied, the debt relating to it cannot be collected.

Vamps im on my second claim...just watch them as they have ignored my account being in dispute and disregarded the fact there breaking the banking code of practice resulting in my credit file being totally ruined.

STMO123

« Reply #48 on: 23 March 2009, 20:58:01 »

If it's any consolation Dusty I once had to help sort out a lady with card debts of £65,000  :o :o

Sort her out Mark?  Hmmmmm.....

There's always a way - but it wasn't easy.  

First thing to do involves a pair of scissors and a bin  :y

Locking the stable door after.....you know the rest ;)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 23 March 2009, 21:03:04 »

:o  :o  :o  :o
Bloody hell! HTF do you manage to run up credit card debts like that???  :-?

Stupidity!

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 23 March 2009, 21:04:16 »

I have just received my Barclaycard statement this morning. :'(
Sadly,I owe £3500.The interest each month alone is £44. :-[

As the current interest base rate is only 0.5%,then does anyone know how Barclaycard can justify charging me 26.9%. :o :o

Are they crooks?. :-/
Is it Legal?. :-/ :-* :-* :-* :-*
Have you got a Tesco clubcard? they are doing a special offer for clubcard holders on a Tesco credit card -14 months interest free credit on balance transfers

omegadti

• Glasgow
    • omega dti
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 23 March 2009, 21:05:31 »

The information on my website is free to look at - if you want further info that is free as well - the only thing that costs is if you want to cancel your credit cards - but even that is reasonable and transparent.

If you are interested in wiping out debt in a way that does NOT affect your credit file checkthatcredit.com.

By the way bank charge reclaiming is on hold at the moment unless you are suffering financial hardship.

stuart30

« Reply #52 on: 23 March 2009, 21:08:52 »

The information on my website is free to look at - if you want further info that is free as well - the only thing that costs is if you want to cancel your credit cards - but even that is reasonable and transparent.

If you are interested in wiping out debt in a way that does NOT affect your credit file checkthatcredit.com.

By the way bank charge reclaiming is on hold at the moment unless you are suffering financial hardship.

Yeah im aware there on hold....doesnt stop the banks updating credit file with negative additions mate. :(

Big Bri

• Intermediate Member
  • Swansea
  • WELSH AND PROUD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 23 March 2009, 21:19:28 »

this is the rules of it

Vamps im on my second claim...just watch them as they have ignored my account being in dispute and disregarded the fact there breaking the banking code of practice resulting in my credit file being totally ruined.

some people think that going the CCA route is easy. The truth is, it is very difficult sometimes. There is no guarantee the creditor will not be able to produce a signed copy of your credit agreement at the trial.

Further, it is likely the creditor will place defaults on your file, and without legal action it is likely these will hamper your credit rating for years.

Finally, people should know that just because a creditor doesn't have a CCA, this doesn't prevent them calling you up and harassing you. This can be incessant.
There are things you can do about it, but it is not an easy path.

if you go on this link its got more info hope it helps http://www.consumerwiki.co.uk/index.php/Credit_Agreement_Requests:_Basic_Information
Omega Elite 3.0 V6 24V Manual
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii103/bloosemore/dadsig-1.jpg[/IMG]

omegadti

• Glasgow
    • omega dti
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 23 March 2009, 21:21:25 »

the banks are not allowed to give you an adverse credit rating for any lawful applications - you are allowed to add a comment to your credit file if they will not remove adverse comments.   If you have a damaged credit file challenging cards is one way of putting it right as the banks are not allowed to put you in a worse position due to their incompetence.

Bacon Butty Man

• Cleveleys Nr Blackpool
  • now own a Laguna 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 23 March 2009, 21:27:13 »

if you dont know already but i own a company that reclaims bankcharges and also may be able to get to free from this debt, pm me for details
we dont charge excessive rates, £25 to say ye or ney initially then when its written off its a small fee of £150, i have heard of some companies charging £300 - £400
« Last Edit: 23 March 2009, 21:37:15 by baconbuttyman »

my Rover 75 Club SE

Dusty

• Omega Knight
  • Shropshire
  • Erotic Romance Author
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 23 March 2009, 22:22:41 »

:o  :o  :o  :o
Bloody hell! HTF do you manage to run up credit card debts like that???  :-?

Stupidity!

In my case ,shoes.
lots of pairs of expensive shoes. :-/ :-* :-* :-*

stuart30

« Reply #57 on: 24 March 2009, 00:40:47 »

the banks are not allowed to give you an adverse credit rating for any lawful applications - you are allowed to add a comment to your credit file if they will not remove adverse comments.   If you have a damaged credit file challenging cards is one way of putting it right as the banks are not allowed to put you in a worse position due to their incompetence.

Banks are supposed too adhere too the banking code of practice....they dont however.

Ive had aditions on credit file and im currently fighting too have defualts removed.....however the damage is now done.

omegadti

• Glasgow
    • omega dti
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 24 March 2009, 07:23:21 »

if the banks do anything naughty they can be reported to the banking ombudsman who has already ruled that they cannot put adverse comments on credit files for appealing against bank charges or challenging credit cards. Even though the damage has been done it can be "undone".

stuart30

« Reply #59 on: 24 March 2009, 07:27:19 »

if the banks do anything naughty they can be reported to the banking ombudsman who has already ruled that they cannot put adverse comments on credit files for appealing against bank charges or challenging credit cards. Even though the damage has been done it can be "undone".

Already reported....

Oh the damage cannot be undone....i cant go back in time and remortgage....cant go back in time and take a loan out.

No more people should be made aware of just how underhanded banks can be.

Hell Barclays have even put a default notice on credit score for an account ive never had...yet they refuse too discuss said account as i have no account number or sort code too quote.....again reported but the damage is done.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.