Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A funny thing happened at the Supermarket...  (Read 2585 times)

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
A funny thing happened at the Supermarket...
« on: 04 August 2006, 20:28:41 »

Just getting into my car on Tesco's car park this morning, prior to going to the golf club to play in a pairs cup match (which we won 2 and 1), when this bloke approached me and said 'What a beautiful car, just swopped mine for a Lexus, worst thing I ever did, don't know why I did it, it drives nothing like the Omega, I wake up at night thinking about what I've done. I'm on the look out for a 2003 CDX, can't wait to get back behind the wheel of an Omega again"

He was almost, but not quite, crying. :'(

I mentioned this web site (always ready for a plug), but he doesn't have a computer. :(

All he want's is another Omega. :)
I like red cars

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: A funny thing happened at the Supermarket...
« Reply #1 on: 04 August 2006, 21:53:08 »

too right... i can't see myself getting a differnt car for a long time (until omega's are so old its not worth it)

Went out in my mums Nissan Almera to the supermarket, god that was an unpleasent experiance... as is driving it. Also went out in an '03 reg polo... its engine sounded like a sewing machine!

Given a healthy car budget of say 3-5k i cannot think of another car i would buy now...

I also thought if i won the lottery, bugger 100,000,0000,000 aston martins and such like... i'll get a Monaro!

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 August 2006, 08:05:13 »

Auto addict, you seem to be spending quite a lot of time at the supermaket......have you started selling AA membership or repairing wind screen chips .......

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 August 2006, 08:06:38 »

Auto addict, you seem to be spending quite a lot of time at the supermaket......have you started selling AA membership or repairing wind screen chips .......

Just trying to tout for membership for this site ;D
I like red cars

Hillper

• Intermediate Member
  • Aylesbury
  • Werthers. Winter, too hard.  Summer, too soft.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 August 2006, 09:41:20 »

Tesco is my second home, dammit.  I'm there nearly every day.

Because I'm there so much, I always make sure I drive to the furthest edge of the car park, miles from the store, and make sure I park in a huge empty space, to avoid door dings.

Why is it that when I return, there are always cars parked either side of me, in an otherwise huge empty space?  >:(

Do they think their cars will get lonely unless snuggled up to mine, with it's ever increasing collection of door dings?
« Last Edit: 05 August 2006, 09:41:45 by Hillper »
Mods.  'Hillper boot release'.  Dimming mirror.  Cruise control. Rear parking sensors.  Becker/Rockford Fosgate/Infinity/Alpine audio.

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 August 2006, 10:49:34 »

Read my motto below :)
Alas, no more Omegas....

markrl

• Intermediate Member
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 August 2006, 12:13:10 »

There are quite a few late 2003 CDX Omega's in Network Q at the moment with low miles which are tempting me. Now that that my present Omega (a 98 manual 3 litre Elite) has just started to rust on the rear door below the rubber weather strip (very common I believe). I'm tempted to grab a nice late model while there still available.

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #7 on: 05 August 2006, 16:29:19 »

Just trying to tout for membership for this site ;D

Wish he would start repairing windscreen chips......i have a nice collection, including a nice couple of star shaped chips  :(
My windscreen was hit 4 times by stones on the way back from Ipswich the other day!

x25xe

• Hayes, Middlesex
  • Avater removed due to size
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05 August 2006, 21:13:52 »

Hillper,

I know what you mean.  On the rare occasion that I drive to the supermarket (I usually walk unless buying lots of / heavy goods) I park the same as you and when returning to the car find exactly the same.

Annoying isn't it?
1998 2.5 V6 Omega CDX, Leather and Electric Pack!

peterjohn36

• Fareham
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05 August 2006, 21:22:16 »

I am running on a 2002 omega also have thought what car will be its replacement when looking for this car also looked at merc's and 5 series BMW can say it wont be a merc. Wish they still made the Omega its my best car to date. Have always traded a car in when they reach the 100k mark or 6 year old, am on 68k so have about 2 years to go, just may be I can see this one will be going to last me over the time period and mileage that I set myself.

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05 August 2006, 21:23:31 »

I usually park in the far end of the car park then take the long route to the main entrance avoiding eye-contact with anyone along the way. For some reason Tesco car parks these days are full of people trying to get you into some sort of strange cult called 'omegaowners'.

« Last Edit: 05 August 2006, 21:24:39 by markjay »
Alas, no more Omegas....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 22 queries.