Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Carlson Putin interview  (Read 4031 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Carlson Putin interview
« Reply #45 on: 10 February 2024, 13:15:07 »

That all may be well and true, but... the interview, or at least the very fact it took place, is a significant event if not quite an historic one.

Such an interview with such an individual is always going to be conditional. It does however show that Putin is prepared to have some form of dialogue and that has to be significant even if you have to take the contents and context with a pinch of salt. Everything he said took place can readily be fact checked.

Comparing it to an Oprah interview with a pair of washed up wannabe celebrities trying to sell books is to do it a disservice. Ok, it wasn't so much an 'interview' as an opportunity for Putin to say his piece without tabloid interference or political bias. In this day and age, that isn't a bad thing.

The last American that Putin spoke to was probably Donald Trump. And yes it's easy to tow the narrative about whom he spoke to and why, at least there was formal conversations had on a regular basis... Keep your enemies close and all that.
« Last Edit: 10 February 2024, 13:25:53 by Doctor Gollum »
Onanists always think outside the box.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 10 February 2024, 14:35:27 »

That all may be well and true, but... the interview, or at least the very fact it took place, is a significant event if not quite an historic one.

Such an interview with such an individual is always going to be conditional. It does however show that Putin is prepared to have some form of dialogue and that has to be significant even if you have to take the contents and context with a pinch of salt. Everything he said took place can readily be fact checked.

Comparing it to an Oprah interview with a pair of washed up wannabe celebrities trying to sell books is to do it a disservice. Ok, it wasn't so much an 'interview' as an opportunity for Putin to say his piece without tabloid interference or political bias. In this day and age, that isn't a bad thing.

The last American that Putin spoke to was probably Donald Trump. And yes it's easy to tow the narrative about whom he spoke to and why, at least there was formal conversations had on a regular basis... Keep your enemies close and all that.

I think you meant monologue .
There was no , none , zero significance in the event it was an orchestrated appearance of a man seeking to portray himself as a worthy strong leader to an enslaved and brainwashed populace in the run up to a travesty of an election and Carlson realised that soon after it started , there was no scoop ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 10 February 2024, 14:47:03 »

I think you meant monologue .
There was no , none , zero significance in the event it was an orchestrated appearance of a man seeking to portray himself as a worthy strong leader to an enslaved and brainwashed populace in the run up to a travesty of an election and Carlson realised that soon after it started , there was no scoop ......

I agree.

The push back from TC just wasn't there. :)

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 10 February 2024, 15:47:31 »

The author of this diatribe above is well known to the forum for his pro russian views and sympathies .
On at least two occasions he has proudly announced living with his russian wife and family surrounded by russian friends so his deeply flawed and frankly nausiating portrayel of the events surrounding putin's invasion of a sovereign state are quite understandable and traceable to their source(s) ......
I ceased engaging with him on this subject some time ago simply due to the fact that you will never persuade or convert  an indoctrinated fool with three paragraphs on an Internet forum.
And yes , I did watch it .

LIAR!

My wife is not Russian and I never claimed she was.

I'm not indoctrinated, but I could suggest you are.

>:(

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 10 February 2024, 15:48:02 »

He only agreed to be 'interviewed' by Tucker Carlson because he knew it would be a soft interview given Carlson's well known views on Ukraine.  ::)

I'm no fan of the BBC, but their man in Moscow, Steve Rosenberg, has apparently had several requests for an interview with Putin turned down and he speaks Russian fluently as well. CNN's Christiane Amanpour, similarly has also had requests for interviews denied by the Kremlin.

It says much about Putin that he is not willing to be interviewed by experienced and respected journalists who might ask difficult questions.  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 10 February 2024, 16:02:28 »

I am not "pro-Russian" per se. I am, however, against Nazism and the antics of the WEF, the US Military Industrial Complex, the bought-and-paid-for mainstream media and now, sadly, NATO.

I am in favour of free speech, mature discussion and diplomacy.

Finally, I am against the intentional killing of civilians, whether in Gaza or Belgorod.

Few of you would ever watch alternative views.

If anyone has an open mind, though, I heartily recommend this discussion between an Englishman and an Irishman.

https://rumble.com/v4ckn2l-the-irishman-in-russia-chay-bowes.html

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 10 February 2024, 16:36:28 »

The author of this diatribe above is well known to the forum for his pro russian views and sympathies .
On at least two occasions he has proudly announced living with his russian wife and family surrounded by russian friends so his deeply flawed and frankly nausiating portrayel of the events surrounding putin's invasion of a sovereign state are quite understandable and traceable to their source(s) ......
I ceased engaging with him on this subject some time ago simply due to the fact that you will never persuade or convert  an indoctrinated fool with three paragraphs on an Internet forum.
And yes , I did watch it .

LIAR!

My wife is not Russian and I never claimed she was.

I'm not indoctrinated, but I could suggest you are.

>:(
Well that escalated quickly...

I believe that was a reference to Rods2 a resident of Hants/Berks bordershire whose wife is/was most very much Ukrainian.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 10 February 2024, 17:03:13 »

It could be argued that Putin simply wanted to speak his piece rather than participate in an actual interview. The event was clearly orchestrated to serve a purpose. If that makes Tucker his patsy, so be it but why shouldn't it be taken on face value? After all just because one perspective is different to another, it doesn't make either perspective any more or less valid.

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 10 February 2024, 17:25:00 »

Candace Owens (she's wonderful!  :D) rightly points out the cultural Marxism that's driving the US now. Endless war and history scrapped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BdtMv-vyn0

:y :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 10 February 2024, 17:26:31 »

Finally, I am against the intentional killing of civilians, whether in Gaza or Belgorod.

How about the intentional killing of civilians in Kiev, Kharkiv, Mariupol, Kherson, Melitopol, Zaporizhzhia, Dnipro, Mykolaiv, Odessa, Lviv, Bucha, Irpin, Bakhmut, Donetsk, Luhansk, etc etc?   ???
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 10 February 2024, 17:47:25 »

Candace Owens (she's wonderful!  :D) rightly points out the cultural Marxism that's driving the US now. Endless war and history scrapped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BdtMv-vyn0

:y :y

I like Candace and mostly agree with her 90% of the time.

However, when she strays into abortion and religion she loses me.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 10 February 2024, 18:05:12 »

How about the intentional killing of civilians in Kiev, Kharkiv, Mariupol, Kherson, Melitopol, Zaporizhzhia, Dnipro, Mykolaiv, Odessa, Lviv, Bucha, Irpin, Bakhmut, Donetsk, Luhansk, etc etc?   ???
They don't count, they're nazis  ;D ;D
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 10 February 2024, 18:07:44 »

Plus, you forgot all of the ones who were poisoned or fell out of windows in mother russia. >:D
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 10 February 2024, 18:10:22 »

And quite a few in Chechnya.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 10 February 2024, 18:11:38 »

And Israel, if we're including Gaza.
Diesel till I die
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.