Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wheel nut covers wanted  (Read 1747 times)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Wheel nut covers wanted
« on: 26 July 2009, 21:51:58 »

Thanks to members of the forum I have obtained a "nearly" full set of covers ... I'm just missing 1 per wheel which I thought was "normal".

I'm now told that there are nut covers of a different length made purely for the security bolt.

In order to complete the set does anyone have 4 greynut covers of the "other" length, which looks to be about 2 cm longer at a very rough guess, standard facelift elite wheels.

:)
« Last Edit: 26 July 2009, 21:55:13 by entwood »

unlucky mark mv6

• Omega Knight
  • tipton,west mids
    • View Profile
Re: Wheel nut covers wanted
« Reply #1 on: 26 July 2009, 22:01:43 »

Thanks to members of the forum I have obtained a "nearly" full set of covers ... I'm just missing 1 per wheel which I thought was "normal".
Should have a full set of black ones off a vec mate if they are any good to ya(free). :y
I'm now told that there are nut covers of a different length made purely for the security bolt.

In order to complete the set does anyone have 4 greynut covers of the "other" length, which looks to be about 2 cm longer at a very rough guess, standard facelift elite wheels.

Machine polishing in west mids £40 also body repairs.pm me for more info.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 July 2009, 22:03:13 »

Should have a full set of black ones off a vec mate if they are any good to ya(free). :y

Thanks for the offer , but after grey ones  ;) ;) ;) ;)

Agemo

• Omega Knight
  • Cleethorpes
  • Insignia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 July 2009, 22:04:08 »

Hmmm, I remember cutting some down so they would fit the locking stud. I was then told that this stud should be on show, as a deterrent. Good point I thought. I personally use chrome covers on the locking studs.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 July 2009, 22:21:47 »

I supoose it depends which locking nuts you have .. ooer! The ealier 3 prong set I had used to have a stainless hex nut cover, and SWMBO has short (black) plastic nut covers on her Astra, however my newer 'cake cutter' locking nuts are round & some what bigger - I'm not sure if there's a cover available for them, I doubt it though.  ;)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 July 2009, 22:54:40 »

I supoose it depends which locking nuts you have .. ooer! The ealier 3 prong set I had used to have a stainless hex nut cover, and SWMBO has short (black) plastic nut covers on her Astra, however my newer 'cake cutter' locking nuts are round & some what bigger - I'm not sure if there's a cover available for them, I doubt it though.  ;)

yup ..  "cake cutter" type....  :( 

Just was talking to a guy at the weekend who was admiring the car and commented that the lack of a cover on 1 bolt on each wheel  was "a shame" ... we chatted and he said that when he had a miggy the security bolts had covers ,.. which was the reason behind my post ....

Now if they are not available ... ...  :'( :'( :'(

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 July 2009, 23:46:22 »

Just was talking to a guy at the weekend who was admiring the car and commented that the lack of a cover on 1 bolt on each wheel  was "a shame" ... we chatted and he said that when he had a miggy the security bolts had covers ,.. which was the reason behind my post ....

You could just ignore his rude comment!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
or refit the original bolts & fit matching bolt head covers!  :y  :y  :y

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 July 2009, 23:49:34 »

You could just ignore his rude comment!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
or refit the original bolts & fit matching bolt head covers!  :y  :y  :y

aahh ... now that might be a problem ...  !!  :)

Seriously .. I've been happy with both cars to have one "odd" wheel nut, and never gave it much thought ... so if the covers are not available I 'll just carry on as I am .. :)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 27 July 2009, 13:17:39 »

Mine are missing on the locking bolts too.

I might have a couple of caps kicking around in the garage if you want to see if you can make them fit, but I don't think they will without some work.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

swamp rat

• Cornwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 27 July 2009, 14:46:31 »

Mine has grey hexagonal plastic covers on the standard wheel bolts and shorter chrome covers on the lockers - I thought this was normal factory fit, but perhaps not.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 27 July 2009, 19:00:06 »

Mine has grey hexagonal plastic covers on the standard wheel bolts and shorter chrome covers on the lockers - I thought this was normal factory fit, but perhaps not.

You'll have the original older style '3 pin' locking bolts then. Be carefull when ATS/Kwick Fit/etc use their windy gun set to f***ing tight as the pins can & will break ....... it could be a tad inconvenient at the side of the m/way in the pi$$ing rain at night!  :-?  :y  :y  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.