Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 0.3 elite 3.2 estate with a moaning exhaust.  (Read 821 times)

Cliffo B

• Omega Baron
  • Leeds West Yorkshire
    • 03 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
0.3 elite 3.2 estate with a moaning exhaust.
« on: 25 November 2008, 01:32:34 »

Hello all,I need your input,and comment on a nagging problem I need to get solved somehow.Back in April I had to replace the exhaust system from the cats backward on my 3.2 elite estate.When it came to ordering the new system,I found it to have in dealer terms been "superceeded" by a different design. With some difficulty I fitted the updated system and have found it to be sub-standard in performance to the original system.Now for my difficulty, I think from measurement and my fitting of the Bosal after market 3.0 v6 system on my previous 2000 3.0 mv6 it will physically fit on my present 3.2 so why is it not a recognised option? Especially as Bosal dont make one with a 3.2 spec. Is it to do with the differences between the 3.0 & 3.2 engines? Iv'e managed to get an original equipment L/H centre unit from ebay,it would be great if I could locate a R/H centre one,even a reasonable S/H one would be OK,That would give me back my lovely shush auto elite!!  ;D Regards to all Cliff.

feeutfo

Re: 0.3 elite 3.2 estate with a moaning exhaust.
« Reply #1 on: 25 November 2008, 01:57:57 »

I fitted the updated system and have found it to be sub-standard in performance to the original system.

Woo. In what way? Noise?

Now for my difficulty, I think from measurement and my fitting of the Bosal after market 3.0 v6 system on my previous 2000 3.0 mv6 it will physically fit on my present 3.2 so why is it not a recognised option? Especially as Bosal dont make one with a 3.2 spec. Is it to do with the differences between the 3.0 & 3.2 engines?

Its possible, also possible they dont list 3.2 parts period as you say, i know of other suppliers who dont list 3.2 and 2.6 parts, not realising 3.0 and 2.5 will fit.
Unfortunately i dont know for sure the 3.0 will fit the 3.2. But franky its a good job Bosal dont list it. These systems are known for their 50ft wading streamers out the back, Nfg.

Iv'e managed to get an original equipment L/H centre unit from ebay,it would be great if I could locate a R/H centre one,even a reasonable S/H one would be OK,That would give me back my lovely shush auto elite!!  ;D Regards to all Cliff.

Sorry but ive answered with in your Quotes. Didnt work to well.

So, you have fitted the supercedeing exhaust from vx and its no good? Bit of a worry if so, i have that system on my saloon.   :-/

« Last Edit: 25 November 2008, 02:05:48 by chrisgixer »

Albatross

• Omega Baron
  • Bedford
  • An LSD & an S2000!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 November 2008, 08:09:44 »

How much is all this costing you?

I personally would strongly recommend a stainless steel exhaust from long-life. that's what I did on my 3.2 and it is guaranteed for the life of the car. What's more they build it onto your car all ready and fitted into the price.

Given the age of your car, your current exhaust has only lasted about 4 years, so a long0life at £389 would pay for itself in the same amount of time when you factor in the cost of the exhaust now and then another replacement in 3 or 4 years.

They look quite good and genuine too:

« Last Edit: 25 November 2008, 08:10:18 by Albatross »

Big_Roger

• Intermediate Member
  • Southampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 November 2008, 14:36:59 »

Hi,
As I couldn't find an aftermarket exhaust system listed for my 3.2 estate, I fitted a genuine VX system (cats back)

I was very disappointed with the way it fitted. It didn't line up as good as the original, and where the pipes come under the rear axle they too are close to the ground for my liking. It is also more noisy than original. Although some may prefer the more "throaty roar" than the whisper quiet.

I queried with Vx and was told that original design was supersceded, but replacement was of equal quality etc.

All in all a bit of a disappointment.

Roger
Be patient ! Something else will go wrong for you to fix if you wait long enough !!

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 November 2008, 14:52:07 »

Contact Vx Luton directly

Cliffo B

• Omega Baron
  • Leeds West Yorkshire
    • 03 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 November 2008, 16:35:35 »

Hello,And thanks for your kindly interest.vx Luton already have my case file and about 20 emailed photos recording the way the centre units didn't line up in fact the units fitted are the 2nd ones delivered. I didn't expect the exhaust to be such a downgrade in noise terms and even hoped when I fitted it back in April that it would quieten and "run in"Not so, from my contact again with VX Luton as recent as last week I concluded they simply had no interest in provideing a satisfactory outcome.I want a new exhaust of the same quality quietness and performance as when my omega was new regardless of cost,within reason. After market might be my only hope hence my query about Bosal.Best regards and thanks,Cliff :y

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 November 2008, 18:48:35 »

I think you've got your answer in Albatross's post above.  Given the age of your car I think that would be worth considering.

Can you get a refund on your Vx system?

Albatross

• Omega Baron
  • Bedford
  • An LSD & an S2000!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 November 2008, 19:04:14 »

Hello,And thanks for your kindly interest.vx Luton already have my case file and about 20 emailed photos recording the way the centre units didn't line up in fact the units fitted are the 2nd ones delivered. I didn't expect the exhaust to be such a downgrade in noise terms and even hoped when I fitted it back in April that it would quieten and "run in"Not so, from my contact again with VX Luton as recent as last week I concluded they simply had no interest in providing a satisfactory outcome.I want a new exhaust of the same quality quietness and performance as when my omega was new regardless of cost,within reason. After market might be my only hope hence my query about Bosal.Best regards and thanks,Cliff :y

And mine is quiet too; Kevin Wood, TheBoy, SP_32 and others have heard it.

I deliberately asked for as "close-to-standard" as they could make it. As they build them customer onto your car, you can have what you like.

Performance is slightly up.

Quality is much, much better.

Longevity is in the name and guarantee. This in itself makes it worthwhile as it pays for itself. Cheap exhausts will decay and are a false economy.

I understand fitting "stock" brake pads, tyres etc. as they can't possibly have a lifetime guarantee. They are essentially "consumables".

Fitting a stainless steel long-life means the your exhaust is no longer a "consumable", in fact it has a better guarantee then any other part on your car.
« Last Edit: 25 November 2008, 19:07:27 by Albatross »

Cliffo B

• Omega Baron
  • Leeds West Yorkshire
    • 03 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: My reply to all from Cliffo B
« Reply #8 on: 26 November 2008, 02:59:22 »

Hello all Thank you for your concern may I tell you its cost me plenty in anxiety.Seems things have become much clearer. I did explore the S/S option, previous to the Vx option, and the firm told me they tend to err on "the sporty side". I'll talk to them again tomorrow a much happier and wiser man. The firm is the same firm and i've just checked their website, and they do customize their exhausts far more than I realised !!! Once more Thanks to you all  :y                  

jb

• bucks
    • 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26 November 2008, 06:09:49 »

Anyone tried eternalcar on ebay ?- centre sections are to the oriinal oe clamshell design,back box similar to a bosal shape -all 3 parts approx 110 gbp delivered to your door sounded to good to turndown but I have yet to fit them.

feeutfo

« Reply #10 on: 26 November 2008, 09:38:47 »

Anyone tried eternalcar on ebay ?- centre sections are to the oriinal oe clamshell design,back box similar to a bosal shape -all 3 parts approx 110 gbp delivered to your door sounded to good to turndown but I have yet to fit them.

Yes i beleive jamesv6cdx had one of these. He seemed very happy with it at the time. How is it now james still recommended?

jb

• bucks
    • 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 26 November 2008, 19:38:16 »

Just had mine today and am delighted-quieter than current gm oe,excellent fit.
Only negative is that the dual tailpipes are 3 inches too short on a facelift but fine on pre 99
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.