Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Urgent steering box help  (Read 576 times)

vrba

• Croatia
    • View Profile
Urgent steering box help
« on: 05 April 2009, 22:31:12 »

I am in urgent need of "how to" replace steering box because mine is leaking like hell. I looked under the car and come to conclusion that this is pain in the ass job so I’m searching of the easiest way to take old out and new (used) in.  ;)

vrba

• Croatia
    • View Profile
Re: Urgent steering box help
« Reply #1 on: 06 April 2009, 09:53:11 »

anyone?

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 April 2009, 09:55:02 »

Left or right hand drive!

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 April 2009, 09:59:09 »

For a Left hooker it looks to be a bit more challenging due to having to move aircon pipes.

Here is the TIS extract.

Remove battery, detach wiring harness plug (1). Remove engine control unit – see operation "Engine Control Unit, Remove and Install" in group "J".

Vehicles with air conditioning: Drain air conditioning – see operation "Air Conditioning, Drain" in group "D".

Remove power assisted steering reservoir – see operation "Power Assisted Steering Reservoir, Remove and Install".

Remove brake servo – see operation "Brake Servo, Remove and Install or Replace" in group "H". Unscrew clamping bolts (1 and 2), carefully expand clamps of disc joint.

Caution

Vehicles with airbag, turn steering wheel to "straight ahead" position, engage steering lock and remove ignition key.

Remove

Push disc joint as far as possible on steering shaft.

Remove hydraulic unit heat shield. Remove hydraulic unit – see operation "Hydraulic Unit, Remove and Install or Replace (ABS 2SH/TC)" or "Hydraulic Unit with ABS Control Unit, Remove and Install (ABS 5.3/TC)" in group "H".

For vehicles with air conditioning: Remove fastening bolt (1) and disconnect refrigerant lines from bulkhead.

Release fastening bolt (1) for heat shield of steering gear. Unscrew pressure line (3) and return line (2) from steering gear.

Disconnect wiring harness plug (4) for electro-hydraulic converter. Lift vehicle. Unscrew engine compartment cover.

Remove protective cap.

Remove fastening nut for steering arm from steering shaft (this will be hard1). Mark installation position of steering arm with respect to the steering shaft. Detach steering arm using KM-146-01 (1).

Unfasten fastening nuts (2) from steering gear heat shield and remove heat shield from below.

Unfasten fastening screws (3-6) for steering gear. Lower vehicle.

Move refrigerant lines (if present) and brake lines slightly to one side, remove steering gear upwards.

feeutfo

« Reply #4 on: 06 April 2009, 15:58:32 »

bugger that!

Special tool and all.

Although wondering if its really that bad, for instance i beleive tis recommends draining the coolent to change the hbv. Never bothered with that.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 April 2009, 16:04:46 »

bugger that!

Special tool and all.

Although wondering if its really that bad, for instance i beleive tis recommends draining the coolent to change the hbv. Never bothered with that.

Its easier on right hand drive cars.....left hand drive means a lot more in the way such as ABS unit etc

vrba

• Croatia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 April 2009, 21:30:14 »

left hand drive :(  (and, yesterday my dad wrecked my mega  :'( , left side, bumper, light and some other stuf  >:( )

what is TIS and how can i get one  ;)
« Last Edit: 07 April 2009, 21:33:55 by vrba »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 19 queries.