Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vacuum pipes and motors controlling the air valves of the heating/cooling system  (Read 962 times)

polilara

• Finland
    • 2.6 Y26SE Elegance 2001
    • View Profile

Hello

Does anyone have schematics how the vacuum pipes/motors behind the dashboard are located and what valves they are controlling. I do not have any specific problems but when I one day took away the glowebox (when trying to find the day-light-relay with bad succes) I realized that the vacuum pipe controlling the "internal air circulation" was unplugged and stopped up with a screw. That is not a big problem, it just does not operate but there is another thing:

When I bought this car in Jan 2004 it was only 3 years old and it had a warranty from the seller. I pressed ten years ago this internal circulation button just to check what happens. What happened was that the air to windscreen was stopped and it did not come back even if I put the heating system to normal mode. I drowe the car to the seller and they repaired it under warranty. I was told that they changed one valve somewhere. I was not told which valve. Perhaps they also put this screw to that pipe. I do not know and I do not blame anybody. The heating/air cond. is working nicely except that in cold winter time sometimes I get some fog to windscreen even if the engine and car has been hot e.g. one hour. Perhaps there is something I could fix.

Johnny English

• Omega Baron
  • Hungary
  • English antitalent
    • 1995. 2.5 V6 LPG manual
    • View Profile

Hello

Does anyone have schematics how the vacuum pipes/motors behind the dashboard are located and what valves they are controlling. I do not have any specific problems but when I one day took away the glowebox (when trying to find the day-light-relay with bad succes) I realized that the vacuum pipe controlling the "internal air circulation" was unplugged and stopped up with a screw. That is not a big problem, it just does not operate but there is another thing:

When I bought this car in Jan 2004 it was only 3 years old and it had a warranty from the seller. I pressed ten years ago this internal circulation button just to check what happens. What happened was that the air to windscreen was stopped and it did not come back even if I put the heating system to normal mode. I drowe the car to the seller and they repaired it under warranty. I was told that they changed one valve somewhere. I was not told which valve. Perhaps they also put this screw to that pipe. I do not know and I do not blame anybody. The heating/air cond. is working nicely except that in cold winter time sometimes I get some fog to windscreen even if the engine and car has been hot e.g. one hour. Perhaps there is something I could fix.

Hardly believe that it exists matey, when I had an issue similar to yours I was looking for a point or place what I did reach with the vaccum pipe.  Try it!

Laszlo,  Hungary
C20NE - X25XE

polilara

• Finland
    • 2.6 Y26SE Elegance 2001
    • View Profile

OK, perhaps I have to take away everything possible, speed meter, radio, glowe box etc. to get there, it is hard to even see there.

chrisgixer

OK, perhaps I have to take away everything possible, speed meter, radio, glowe box etc. to get there, it is hard to even see there.

Look up under the kick panels in the foot well. Maybe remove glove box. There's nothing to see for climate control behind radio.

Re misting in winter, are you running with Eco on?

chrisgixer

Also try the reset. And there is a procedure to cycle the re circ valve as sometimes it gets stuck. Although I can't remember what the procedure is ::) ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 18 queries.