Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3029640 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #19905 on: 18 March 2020, 16:37:10 »

Ooh.. that’s a long day :-X

That's roughly my working day too ....  :y (but a bit shorter  ;))

I usually leave home for work at 4pm and get home again at 8.45 a.m.
Thankfully I don't have to work every day.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #19906 on: 18 March 2020, 16:42:06 »

I usually leave home for work at 4pm and get home again at 8.45 a.m.
Thankfully I don't have to work every day.
I did your job in London for a while (between marriages  ;D) Albs. I lived in Forest Gate and did a 12 hour, 7 till 7, shift at Chelsea Harbour. I got the 5:30 bus, Victoria line tube and another bus from Sloane Square. At least 15 hours out of the house, 14 days on, 4 off.
Never again.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19907 on: 18 March 2020, 16:47:13 »

My standard rota is 12 shifts in 28 days, although I grab all available overtime so usually average around 15 out of 28. Last year was tough when one of our team of 3 had a heart attack at work. Two of us covered the three rotas for several months. I did a 99 hour week several times in that period.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #19908 on: 18 March 2020, 16:58:34 »

My standard rota is 12 shifts in 28 days, although I grab all available overtime so usually average around 15 out of 28. Last year was tough when one of our team of 3 had a heart attack at work. Two of us covered the three rotas for several months. I did a 99 hour week several times in that period.
You need to be careful, it knocks shite out of you and aforementioned heart attacks are quite common when you're pushing yourself like that.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #19909 on: 18 March 2020, 17:30:39 »

You need to be careful, it knocks shite out of you and aforementioned heart attacks are quite common when you're pushing yourself like that.

Yes.....seriously. You are not a young man in your prime. Be careful. You are a long time dead.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19910 on: 18 March 2020, 17:31:43 »

STMO could get off his lazy scouse arse and help you out. :)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19911 on: 18 March 2020, 17:53:03 »

It does knock the shite out of me, but when you need the money...…
I have felt for a long time that my energy level is probably that of someone 10 years older. Up to 10 years ago I was full of energy and loved to physically graft 12 hours a day or more.
Now, an hour or two of medium level exertion knocks me out for at least the rest of the day.
Should have listened at school when I was young and had an easier life when I was old. But if you cant be an idiot when your young, when can you be ?

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19912 on: 18 March 2020, 18:53:20 »

It does knock the shite out of me, but when you need the money...…
I have felt for a long time that my energy level is probably that of someone 10 years older. Up to 10 years ago I was full of energy and loved to physically graft 12 hours a day or more.
Now, an hour or two of medium level exertion knocks me out for at least the rest of the day.
Should have listened at school when I was young and had an easier life when I was old. But if you cant be an idiot when your young, when can you be ?
It only seems 5 minutes ago you were blasting around on a CBR600. :-\

What happened? :-X

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19913 on: 18 March 2020, 19:55:16 »

And wifey's......she left to open up twenty minutes ago, because the caretakers son has a temperature  ::)
That old chestnut ;D

Chap I work with had to collect his 14 year old daughter from school yesterday... She and some of her friends have worked out that if they cough loudly periodically, that they will get sent home... For two weeks  :o in order to 'self isolate'...  To say he was unimpressed was an understatement  :D

School in hoof'land is closed to year 7-8 untill further notice, were not impressed as finding help is difficult,  but it might backfire on the schools as Boris has said they might have to open to take children of, Emergency workers, Hospital staff and those involved with Food delivery to supermarkets and distribution centres.
Hoof'land storeman.

STEMO

« Reply #19914 on: 18 March 2020, 20:08:17 »

And wifey's......she left to open up twenty minutes ago, because the caretakers son has a temperature  ::)
That old chestnut ;D

Chap I work with had to collect his 14 year old daughter from school yesterday... She and some of her friends have worked out that if they cough loudly periodically, that they will get sent home... For two weeks  :o in order to 'self isolate'...  To say he was unimpressed was an understatement  :D

School in hoof'land is closed to year 7-8 untill further notice, were not impressed as finding help is difficult,  but it might backfire on the schools as Boris has said they might have to open to take children of, Emergency workers, Hospital staff and those involved with Food delivery to supermarkets and distribution centres.
Read the news, Griff, get it somewhere near the actual facts.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #19915 on: 18 March 2020, 20:35:46 »

That old chestnut ;D

I can't keep up, it's going to fast for me, I travel along at 90kmh. This going at 100mph
Hoof'land storeman.

STEMO

« Reply #19916 on: 18 March 2020, 20:41:00 »

That old chestnut ;D

I can't keep up, it's going to fast for me, I travel along at 90kmh. This going at 100mph
If you have a child at school and you are one of the workers deemed essential, school will be open for them. Not only during term time but also over the Easter holiday.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #19917 on: 18 March 2020, 20:44:23 »

That old chestnut ;D

If you have a child at school and you are one of the workers deemed essential, school will be open for them. Not only during term time but also over the Easter holiday.

Might be me then, as we to supermarket DC delivery.
Hoof'land storeman.

STEMO

« Reply #19918 on: 18 March 2020, 20:55:02 »

That old chestnut ;D

Might be me then, as we to supermarket DC delivery.
Yep, sounds good to me.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #19919 on: 18 March 2020, 20:58:55 »

I did your job in London for a while (between marriages  ;D) Albs. I lived in Forest Gate and did a 12 hour, 7 till 7, shift at Chelsea Harbour. I got the 5:30 bus, Victoria line tube and another bus from Sloane Square. At least 15 hours out of the house, 14 days on, 4 off.
Never again.

I lived on West Ham Park Road in Forest Gate for a while in the mid 90's and used to drink in the King Eddie's down on Stratford High Road.  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.