Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Owners Forum  (Read 157412 times)

ozzycat

• Omega Baron
  • chudliegh knighton /devon
    • hyundia i30
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Owners Forum
« Reply #255 on: 21 May 2012, 17:22:38 »

Personally, I don't know why we bother with the guides,  given the number of posts asking on guide covered subjects as old as the hills. I ain't writing that out "again" is a common thought for me tbh. Where's the sense, do a guide to help others, then write the same later, we could post a link, but they can look for themselves...? No?

The guides are fantastic, I just think that people either don't explore the site properly because they can't be arsed, or are not great on the computer. I understand your frustration in taking the time to do the guides and then having to direct people to it, but I for one really appreciate the time and effort put into them, they've saved me and lots of other people a LOT of money.  :y
:y :y illsecond that JC  :y :y
this is a great forum lets not spoil it
long live the magic tree
its good to be back

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 21 May 2012, 17:23:09 »

I wont be getting into any debate subject.. but I must say my omega is 15 years old.. still in good nick and I will continue to spend for it as far as I have in my pocket.. Just recently purchased new alloys which requires custom built spacers/pcd changers.. and finally I have finished the problem of 5x110 standard..

What happened to the ones you were restoring a year or so ago CEM?

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 21 May 2012, 17:25:03 »

Personally, I don't know why we bother with the guides,  given the number of posts asking on guide covered subjects as old as the hills. I ain't writing that out "again" is a common thought for me tbh. Where's the sense, do a guide to help others, then write the same later, we could post a link, but they can look for themselves...? No?

The guides are fantastic, I just think that people either don't explore the site properly because they can't be arsed, or are not great on the computer. I understand your frustration in taking the time to do the guides and then having to direct people to it, but I for one really appreciate the time and effort put into them, they've saved me and lots of other people a LOT of money.  :y

Agree with all that.
Some of the guides on here are priceless and the members who took the time to write them and those of you who have gone out of your way to help folks on here should hold there head up high  :y

It's just a shame when so many people jump on the bandwagon to bitch slap people when they don't look first  :( :(

Imho, that attitude is what is dragging this forum down  :(

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 21 May 2012, 17:29:14 »

A fair point Chris, but bear in mind some of us often don't know what we should be looking for in the guides,  (as happened to me to my cost), hence posts in the Help area.  :y

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 21 May 2012, 17:31:16 »

I think Chris that the point Radar and Tigger were making was the unnecessarily abrupt manner of some replies. I remember the first time I went on a forum and had no idea how they worked or how to navigate around and it was nice to have a friendly response even if I was asking about something that was covered elsewhere on the forum rather than being "told off" for not looking properly before asking. If I had have been given some of the responses I've seen given to newbies on here, I would have thought "sod this, what an unfriendly place" and buggered off immediately!! A short polite and friendly response just to point someone in the right direction costs nothing and can be greatly appreciated.

Hear Hear :y

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 21 May 2012, 17:39:35 »

personnally the capitols dont bother me(they really nark master tunnie)as he likes to constantly tell people,text speak doesnt bother me as it does some others it is how people communicate now,i know its lazy and its really hard work spelling great so its now gr8 but so what its how its is and its only gonna get worse and people can tut at capitol writers or text writers all day but it will eventually work its way on here or the constant telling off for using it will stop people visiting.i have seen in numerous cases newbies joining and being told off.as said above as time goes on commitments change,illness,job losses,the weather it all adds up to peoples moods and sometimes you cant be arsed coming on here but your scared of missing something so people do and might be a bit snappy(were all guilty of that).the scrapyard by me lately ive seen quite a few omegas in the yard waiting to be stripped or join the rest of them on the shelving units so it goes to show they are a dieing breed and soon the only omegas out there will be the ones kept going on here by the true enthusiasts,the only reason i dont have one now is there is 6 of us.ive only met guy(amigo to any newbies) from this forum and what a nice bloke and there is many others i would like to put a face to the name but every time theres a meet i have other commitments and theres many talk about the meets and how it lifts the mood so my suggestion is to try and sort out more meets,try and get more members to gather and if people make the effort to turn up then its hats off,if not then they obviously cant be that bothered

STMO123

« Reply #261 on: 21 May 2012, 17:43:57 »

Wot about a meeting in Uddersfield Daz? You could all play with your whippets  :y

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 21 May 2012, 17:52:39 »

personnally the capitols dont bother me(they really nark master tunnie)as he likes to constantly tell people,text speak doesnt bother me as it does some others it is how people communicate now,i know its lazy and its really hard work spelling great so its now gr8 but so what its how its is and its only gonna get worse and people can tut at capitol writers or text writers all day but it will eventually work its way on here or the constant telling off for using it will stop people visiting.i have seen in numerous cases newbies joining and being told off.as said above as time goes on commitments change,illness,job losses,the weather it all adds up to peoples moods and sometimes you cant be arsed coming on here but your scared of missing something so people do and might be a bit snappy(were all guilty of that).the scrapyard by me lately ive seen quite a few omegas in the yard waiting to be stripped or join the rest of them on the shelving units so it goes to show they are a dieing breed and soon the only omegas out there will be the ones kept going on here by the true enthusiasts,the only reason i dont have one now is there is 6 of us.ive only met guy(amigo to any newbies) from this forum and what a nice bloke and there is many others i would like to put a face to the name but every time theres a meet i have other commitments and theres many talk about the meets and how it lifts the mood so my suggestion is to try and sort out more meets,try and get more members to gather and if people make the effort to turn up then its hats off,if not then they obviously cant be that bothered

dont expect pretty the men are all ugly tinkers except the dashing guffer of course he even makes working on a car look good  8)but after a few beers they start looking normalish ;D :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 21 May 2012, 17:53:27 »

personnally the capitols dont bother me(they really nark master tunnie)as he likes to constantly tell people,text speak doesnt bother me as it does some others it is how people communicate now

1) Capitols is a web standard, not just this forum, I'm just one of many who remind members.

2) Text speak is not how people communicate now, I never see it at work or with my mates. Its for retard chavs who think its "cool". Many people don't understand it, its a good thats its against the rules. You no longer have to squeeze a message into a 160 character limit for a SMS, this is a forum with a 6000 character limit per post, you have a keyboard, use it  ;)

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 21 May 2012, 17:58:53 »

personnally the capitols dont bother me(they really nark master tunnie)as he likes to constantly tell people,text speak doesnt bother me as it does some others it is how people communicate now

1) Capitols is a web standard, not just this forum, I'm just one of many who remind members.

2) Text speak is not how people communicate now, I never see it at work or with my mates. Its for retard chavs who think its "cool". Many people don't understand it, its a good thats its against the rules. You no longer have to squeeze a message into a 160 character limit for a SMS, this is a forum with a 6000 character limit per post, you have a keyboard, use it  ;)

just dont be a warrior or you will upset the tigers gonads :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 21 May 2012, 18:06:53 »

personnally the capitols dont bother me

<snip>

text speak doesnt bother me as it does some others it is how people communicate now,i know its lazy and its really hard work spelling great so its now gr8 but so what its how its is and its only gonna get worse
Both are unreadable in reality. Personally, if I can't understand a query on the 2nd read, I ignore it and go help someone else instead. Punctuation is another.

*BUT* who gives a toss what I think/do - I sure don't, and can't imagine anyone else does. That rule is there for 2 reasons, 1) usability/readability, 2) to increase our search rankings
Grumpy old man

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 21 May 2012, 18:14:16 »

personnally the capitols dont bother me

<snip>

text speak doesnt bother me as it does some others it is how people communicate now,i know its lazy and its really hard work spelling great so its now gr8 but so what its how its is and its only gonna get worse
Both are unreadable in reality. Personally, if I can't understand a query on the 2nd read, I ignore it and go help someone else instead. Punctuation is another.

*BUT* who gives a toss what I think/do - I sure don't, and can't imagine anyone else does. That rule is there for 2 reasons, 1) usability/readability, 2) to increase our search rankings

Agreed, I didn't read the one above because of that. :y

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 21 May 2012, 18:19:06 »

just dont be a warrior or you will upset the tigers gonads :y

fark orf lovecock  :-* :-* ;D ;D

And please, its MR TIGERS_GONADS to you  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 21 May 2012, 18:22:03 by tigers_gonads »

trainmanone

• stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 21 May 2012, 18:20:00 »

with regards to the gramer spelling and text talk.some people like my self have difficulty spelling and putting a letter together,weather its to do with a disability or as in my case a very bad education (not going to school ) lol

but as a few of you know i hold a responsable job not an educated one  but each day can have over a 1000 lives in my hands !!!!!
but because im not good at spelling dose it make me a bad person ............i think not.

re the guide section could a link not be put in the  page header with it being lit by the migys head lights ????

but lets all be friends and get on let bygons be bygons make love not war ect ect
what was that ??????

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 21 May 2012, 18:20:44 »

Use of caps - it annoys me more than a tad but I do try to remind folks nicely when its used.  Sometimes, after a bad day and further grief at home, I get snappy. 

Text speak?  Perhaps its becoming more used in the next generation to me (indeed, the next generation after that, truth be told...) but that does not mean I expect to see books, newspapers, letters, flyers, magazines, internet search results, forums or any other 'printed' media anytime soon and as such, see its use as just another example of intellect getting distilled into the brainwashed masses.

As to its use on here?  No, thanks very much....   :)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 49   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.