Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Owners Forum  (Read 157293 times)

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Owners Forum
« Reply #405 on: 23 May 2012, 22:15:37 »

Lettuce? Wtf...? ;D

Think Pauline Lovedup has been smoking Lettuce again ;D
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: 23 May 2012, 22:20:20 »

I posted a list a few pages back, given up on trying to keep this thread on track.

This was your chance to have your open and honest say on OOF  :-X
Grumpy old man

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 23 May 2012, 22:26:54 »

Well no one can really moan in future then eh.... you have been open to ideas you cant be any more fair  :y

Shame some have not said what they think though  ???
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 23 May 2012, 22:28:41 »

sorry TB that was my fault i will get wifey to hit me with a lettuce leaf :-*

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: 23 May 2012, 22:32:53 »

plus TB if it is any consulation probably not but this thread has given me a kick up the arse and made me realise how much i enjoyed the forum :y

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 23 May 2012, 22:45:57 »

plus TB if it is any consulation probably not but this thread has given me a kick up the arse and made me realise how much i enjoyed the forum :y

Me too,I've posted more in the last week than I have in the month before :y :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

feeutfo

« Reply #411 on: 23 May 2012, 23:08:58 »

Maybe make this thread a sticky and leave it open. It may not suits some to post at the moment. Maybe? :-\

SIR Philbutt

• Omega Knight
  • Rochdale - Manchester
  • It will soon be Christmas ...
    • 03 2.2 CDX LPG estate
    • View Profile
    • PJB Home Services
« Reply #412 on: 23 May 2012, 23:17:50 »

Maybe make this thread a sticky and leave it open. It may not suits some to post at the moment. Maybe? :-\

+1  :y
keep happy, keep safe, keep smiling, keep in touch

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 23 May 2012, 23:28:15 »

what is the av age of omega owners.. seen some young on here and seen some old (im 49)dont tell me at this age ive gotto buy a brand new volvo to goto the post office

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: 23 May 2012, 23:35:45 »

what is the av age of omega owners.. seen some young on here and seen some old (im 49)dont tell me at this age ive gotto buy a brand new volvo to goto the post office

good question quite young now i think when you read a lot of the posts as entwood quite rightly says omegas are more accesible and quite a few bling them up which to be honest i quite like although some dont just nice to see some one do the work i am 48 i think :D

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 23 May 2012, 23:37:45 »

good question quite young now i think when you read a lot of the posts as entwood quite rightly says omegas are more accesible and quite a few bling them up which to be honest i quite like although some dont just nice to see some one do the work i am 848 i think :D

Nearly as old as Yoda Pauline ???

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: 23 May 2012, 23:39:19 »

gonna tell wifey on you ;D ;D

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 23 May 2012, 23:40:55 »

gonna tell wifey on you ;D ;D

Yes but Mrs. Lovelever knows I am right  ;D

05omegav6

« Reply #418 on: 24 May 2012, 03:53:16 »

Is it really 28 pages :o No wonder it's taken me two hours to read through ::)

Lots of interesting points raised :y Might have posted in response to several of the posts, but wanted to read through first ;)

In no particular order:

1. Link the Guides and FAQs and making them even more obvious might work, but there is a repeating banner which suggests looking before asking in the Help sections :-\

2. Less jumping on people who ask stupid questions (or stick black tape over their rear lights), I might be a bit guilty of this :-[ I wonder if Tunnie will moderate his youthful exuberance as he passes 30 :-\

3. Can't really avoid the 'Cliquey' issue. Groups of people who know each other and get along will always appear aloof to those looking in :-\ Best solution is to just jump in feet first, get along to meets and as has been suggested you'll soon realise that we're all affable people with at least one rusty common interest.

4. Personally, I've two reasons for not participating as much: Not in the office as often as I used to be and since getting a new 'It's NOT gay' phone I've been able to browse at leisure but posting is a proper ball ache >:( I do still try to get along to meets though

5. The debacle at the start of the year was an unfortunate incident that surprised and shocked alot of people. It'll take time but, the dust will settle and the wounds will heal, life goes on...

We know that we own, or at least appreciate the best value cars in the world,(second perhaps to a Monaro/VXR8), and also that we have the best Forum in the world for keeping said cars going :y

We just need to remind ourselves that were lucky to have these things and should try to appreciate them a bit more. :y

Hope tomorrow is a better day Albs :y

Nickbats' goat was delicious, ta muchly for leaving it there Tigers :-X

p.s. FWIW points 2,3 and five are perhaps the things that need attention. To paraphrase Sunscreen by Baz Luhrman: ' Be wary of people who try to sell you advice, but pay attention to those who give it freely' :y Actually quite a sage song :y
« Last Edit: 24 May 2012, 03:59:07 by taxi al »

jonathanh

• Omega Knight
  • coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: 24 May 2012, 08:42:55 »

just wanted to add my thoughts

I'm not sure what the debarcle at the start of the year was - I must have missed it and I think I'm glad

I've never been to some of the meets yet but I may do one day but time seems to run away with me (always something to fix). 

I find the forum an enormously useful source of information and banter and try to contribute when I can.  I wouldn't try to change things - they work well to me

on odd occasions i seem to have posted the wrong thing in the wrong place and the admins have moved or deleted without much explaination.  that left me a bit " ruffled" but then I look at it like this: the admins put in their time and money to keep this going and frankly i'm grateful to them for doing so, its not for me to offer a word of criticism or complainr to a willing volunteer but it is for me to offer a word of thanks. 

let's just focus on the positive aspects of the forum and if there is some bit of it that is not to our personal taste well, don't focus on that.  overall its a great place

parking near Birmingham airport for members with +250 posts.  PM for info
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 49   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.