Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Breakdown  (Read 3499 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Breakdown
« Reply #45 on: 19 January 2022, 23:20:05 »

my 6 Triumphs in good order.  ....
how many?  :o
I might have missed it ....  but what Triumphs do you own? On occasion I used to drive (not very far) a Triumph 2.0 that became a 2.5 .... beautiful car!

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 20 January 2022, 00:33:12 »

Yes - six.... :D
I've had Triumph 2000's since 1980, and over the years managed to get good original ones that have never been welded, which now include..
2000 Mk1 (2)
2000 Mk2 (1)
2.5PI Mk2 (2)
2500S (1)
Had a Stag for 10 years; a beautiful low mileage example with its original engine. A wonderful V8, but my affliation with the 2000 range won, and I sold it in 2010. Went to its new owner in Australia.
I think though I must like the 2000 range - 42 years on now since I owned my first one... ;D. Yes, they are beautiful cars (although beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as they say), and are still great to drive.
I wonder if the Omega will follow - got my first one in 2004, bought and sold a few; now have a fair few good examples (3) of those - all V6's...
Wife calls it an 'obsession' - I politely correct her describing it as a 'healthy interest'.....
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 20 January 2022, 06:25:39 »

I've had Triumph 2000's since 1980, and over the years managed to get good original ones that have never been welded, which now include..
2000 Mk1 (2)
2000 Mk2 (1)
2.5PI Mk2 (2)
2500S (1)
Had a Stag for 10 years; a beautiful low mileage example with its original engine. A wonderful V8, but my affliation with the 2000 range won, and I sold it in 2010. Went to its new owner in Australia.
I think though I must like the 2000 range - 42 years on now since I owned my first one... ;D. Yes, they are beautiful cars (although beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as they say), and are still great to drive.
I wonder if the Omega will follow - got my first one in 2004, bought and sold a few; now have a fair few good examples (3) of those - all V6's...
Wife calls it an 'obsession' - I politely correct her describing it as a 'healthy interest'.....
If you love them so much, I'm guessing they're all kept under cover. That must be some garage/barn.
Diesel till I die

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 20 January 2022, 07:52:33 »

2000 Mk1 (2)
2000 Mk2 (1)
2.5PI Mk2 (2)
2500S (1)

That is impressive! 8) 8) 8)

I rather loved the Triumphs in their day, and I actually saw a Stag driving locally just a few weeks ago.  It looked a very fine example.

Back in the late 1950's / early 1960's I had an uncle who used to own the Triumphs of the day (he previously owned a Standard 8 in red that he smashed up!), and I remember some lovely days when he took my mum and I out in one.  It was again red, looked good, and many times he took it over to Europe via the Silver City Service in their great car Bristol Super freighter Transporter  planes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjiraM-BPr8

I will always regret that he never took us in his car and went to Europe in one of those, what now seem, such antiquated aircraft. ;D ;D

It is funny how you Johnnydog mentioning Triumphs has brought such memories back! 8) 8) :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 20 January 2022, 08:45:47 »

I still remember going with my Dad to collect his 1949 Triumph 'Razor Edged Saloon'. A long tale very short .... it was used for a few years then sat in their garage for years until it was sold for next to nothing. KFM580

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 20 January 2022, 10:28:54 »

2000 Mk1 (2)
2000 Mk2 (1)
2.5PI Mk2 (2)
2500S (1)
If you love them so much, I'm guessing they're all kept under cover. That must be some garage/barn.

I'm lucky enough to be able to keep 4 Triumphs at home in the garage :D. I bought my house in 1991 unseen the day it went on the market purely because of the land at the back was such that I could build a 38' x 24' garage without the need for planning, and still now have a useful 70' x 32' area behind that for what she describes as 'junk'. Prior to then cars were scattered about in garages that I rented which was a pain.....
The numbers have grown somewhat since then, so I now also rent a quarter of massive local granery barn (very cheaply), which is dry, a good level floor with easy access in which I keep my trailers, a couple of Triumphs (a friend has two in there as well) and a couple of Omegas and anything else that needs to be under cover.
My better Omegas / daily cars live out on the drive, which need a bit of juggling around sometimes, but as long as the 'boss' can't see them and any of the 'junk' from the kitchen window and they are hidden behind the garage, I seem to get away with it :y
And as she keeps reminding me -  'A happy wife, happy life'.....
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

gbh

• Intermediate Member
  • forest of dean
    • omega cdx 2.6
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 03 February 2022, 15:47:00 »

Well a fine day so out I went and thanks to the guide replaced the sensor,now i've let the car fully warm up and all seems well is there anything I can check before going out for a run? Error code is still showing with the pedal trick will that clear in time if the fault is gone? As always many thanks to all for your expertise and help

robson

• Omega Knight
  • Nr Ashford Kent
    • 2.6 facelift 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 03 February 2022, 16:32:08 »

where did you get the sensor from?

gbh

• Intermediate Member
  • forest of dean
    • omega cdx 2.6
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 03 February 2022, 16:34:57 »

Not from Vauxhall as It would appear unavailable so you're left with a choice USA for a genuine part or one of the many other brands available
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.