Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Elite 3.0 V6 estate  (Read 5201 times)

Brights1971

• United Kingdom
    • Omega Elite V6
    • View Profile
Omega Elite 3.0 V6 estate
« on: 28 April 2022, 14:10:12 »

Good afternoon everybody
I am new to this forum and just wanted a bit of advice really about a car that I have 'inherited'.
A well-off uncle of mine sadly passed away in June last year and he left me his 'tip car' which was exactly that. e was rather well off and had a car that he kept in his garage specifically for going to the tip when he needed to. It was an Omega Elite V6 3.0 estate with full leather etc that a lot of the family used to laugh about but he was smitten with it and would not let it go. It was off the road for a couple of years but when he had an accident in his primary Mercedes early last year he got it MOT'd (it passed after a couple of new tyres) and used that as his everyday car.
When he passed away I used it as my lease had finished on my own vehicle and found it great to drive although a couple of lights came on on the dash (ABS and traction control) just as it was coming up for its MOT. I therefore wasn't sure what it required and needed to sort out something so leased another car and it has been sat ever since.
It starts first time every time and had a new battery also when it was MOT'd and I was wondering if anybody could give some advice on whether I should bite the bullet and pay to get it MOT'd again or sell it as is. I know that without a more detailed diagnosis that it is difficult to say but somebody has told me that these are becoming a bit of classic so any advice would be gratefully received.
It has done 119k miles and has had a full service history apart from the time it was off the road.
Thanks to everybody who reads this and hopefully I will have a better idea what to do after some advice from some Omega 'experts'
David

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Elite 3.0 V6 estate
« Reply #1 on: 28 April 2022, 14:24:31 »

Worst case the abs ecu needs to be sent to BBA Reman or similar to be refurbished.

It’s a pretty common issue with certain ABS ecus, and the Omega isn't unique in this regard.

Six screws hold the (black) ecu to the ABS unit, and whilst it can be a bit of a faff, it can be removed/refitted without disconnecting any of the brake lines.

You could go to the trouble of getting the codes read before sending the unit away as it could be a faulty sensor or chafed wiring. Certainly if the car passed its last Mot that easily, and has by and large been well maintained and garaged, then it's worth investing in. Nice Omegas are a bit thin on the ground.  :y

Onanists always think outside the box.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Elite 3.0 V6 estate
« Reply #2 on: 29 April 2022, 10:29:56 »

Hello and welcome to OOF. Regarding the car,I suppose it depends how much you like it or have any kind of sentimental attachment to it.I'd be inclined to chuck it in for a test[knowing it would fail on the dash lights]to find out what if anything else it fails on and how much repairs would cost and go from there with the decision to keep or get rid.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.