Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: ULEZ & 2.2 petrol  (Read 3961 times)

iansoutham

• SE London
    • Omega 2.0 m/f/l est CDX
    • View Profile
ULEZ & 2.2 petrol
« on: 06 October 2022, 15:33:32 »

Quick question, are 2.2 petrol Omega models ulez compliant?

Have not got a registration to check and cannot access eBay, etc from work to look for random registrations

MikeV6

• United Kingdom
    • 3.0 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
Re: ULEZ & 2.2 petrol
« Reply #1 on: 06 October 2022, 16:25:57 »

Just checked and it say a £12.50 per day charge applys  :'(

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 October 2022, 16:53:57 »

Quick question, are 2.2 petrol Omega models ulez compliant?

Have not got a registration to check and cannot access eBay, etc from work to look for random registrations
An exception is the 2003 2.2 16v manual as this is actually Euro4 ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 October 2022, 15:26:30 »

All Omega 2.2 16v Model Year 2003 4 door Saloons from VIN: W0L0VBF6931000001 and
all Omega 2.2 16V Model Year 2003 5 door Estates from VIN: W0L0VBF3531000001 are
Euro 4 compliant.

Applies to both auto and manual. So says the VCA database.

All these cars have Z22XE engines with later electronics and a pre-cat as opposed to the earlier Y22XE which is Euro 3.

The character "3" in position 10 of the VIN indicates that the car is MY 2003. Note that Model Years do not equate exactly to first registration years. So a MY 2002 car first registered in 2003 would not be Euro 4.

The best place to check your vehicle registration is here using the TFL database.

Incidentally if you have a Z22XE Euro 4 Omega you can easily obtain a French Crit’Air 2 yellow vignette using just the V5c, if for example you want to drive in Paris.

iansoutham

• SE London
    • Omega 2.0 m/f/l est CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 October 2022, 16:31:47 »

Reason I am asking is that I run a complete 2.2 system with pre-cat on my X20XEV as the standard aftermarket cats are useless and the emissions are always very low for what is measured. If the nox is low enough, I could potentially get it ulez-certified.

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 October 2022, 01:05:48 »

Reason I am asking is that I run a complete 2.2 system with pre-cat on my X20XEV as the standard aftermarket cats are useless and the emissions are always very low for what is measured. If the nox is low enough, I could potentially get it ulez-certified.
An interesting question. I know that it is possible to get some pre Euro 3 motorcycles exempted from the ULEZ. Friend of mine has had this done. This involves having the bike tested at a designated test station, there is only one station licensed to do this job. The test alone costs £175. To get the bike to pass might involve additional tuning and/or modifications to the bike at extra cost.

However I don't believe you can do the same with a car which needs to be Euro 4. A quick google suggests you would require a CVRAS (Clean Vehicle Retrofit Accreditation Scheme) approved modification and an update to the specific vehicles emissions values held by the DVLA. There are no CVRAS approved modifications since it appears that it would be cheaper for you or anyone else to simply buy an already Euro 4 compliant 2003 Omega.

There is an FAQ page here.
The two questions most relevant to you are:

Can I retrofit my pre-Euro 4 petrol car?
There are currently no CVRAS approved retrofit emission control systems for pre-Euro 4 petrol cars and we do not expect any to come to market in the foreseeable future. The Euro 4 standards for petrol cars came into effect between 2004-2006 and generally cars first registered with the DVLA after 2005 meet the Euro 4 standard. This means cars that are up to 16 years old are generally compliant for a CAZ, LEZ or ULEZ.

Can I replace the engine in my car to become CAZ, LEZ or ULEZ compliant (engine re-power)?
This is possible, however there are no CVRAS approved re-powers for cars. This kind of conversion would be a DVLA notifiable modification in terms of engine number and engine capacity, but it would not lead to a change in emission values as stated on the vehicle’s V5C document (logbook) unless an expensive full rolling road emissions test is conducted to obtain the new emission values. This test would need to be conducted at a Vehicle Certification Agency (VCA) approved test facility and cannot be conducted at an MOT test centre.

veralum

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 November 2022, 19:11:50 »

My march 2002 2.2 auto is coming up as ULEZ free on the TfL checker

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 December 2022, 23:59:08 »

For some reason my very last surviving Plod  Reg Number (2003 3.2 Special Manual LPG'd) is still showing as completely free of all this ULEZ Rubbish.  :D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 December 2022, 15:19:43 »

LPG does make it ULEZ compliant IIRC.  Seem to recall my last 2 Omegas were, for that very reason.
Grumpy old man

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 December 2022, 15:41:34 »

LPG does make it ULEZ compliant IIRC.  Seem to recall my last 2 Omegas were, for that very reason.
Not any more they stopped all that years ago, first for Congestion Charge then followed by ULEZ, as far as I can work out its purley down to the Reg No. vs TFL Look Up data, guess some Vehicles are incorrect on the Data Base, probably my 3.2 Sp being one of them.

From memory I dont even think the LPG Fitment on that car has been registered on the Log Book.  :-\

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 December 2022, 15:46:03 »

Just used the vehicle checker on the Subaru ( 2005 model ) & that is okay for the ULEZ zone didn't even bother with the Range Rover as it's obvious it wouldn't be.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 December 2022, 16:52:32 »

Not any more they stopped all that years ago, first for Congestion Charge then followed by ULEZ, as far as I can work out its purley down to the Reg No. vs TFL Look Up data, guess some Vehicles are incorrect on the Data Base, probably my 3.2 Sp being one of them.

From memory I dont even think the LPG Fitment on that car has been registered on the Log Book.  :-\
The later manual 3.2 is Euro 4, same as the 2.2. The auto isn't AIUI.

Also being plod sometimes does funny things to the taxation class.
Onanists always think outside the box.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13 December 2022, 17:16:38 »

My 2.6 is compliant in Brum etc , not that i want to go there  ;D
only central london it shows as a charge for congestion

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 December 2022, 17:23:08 »

3.2 Is ULEZ compliant

Fortunately most of my trips to ULEZ zones are for work so they foot the bill and I use the 530D, If the trip was for me i'd go in the Omega without question! 

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 13 December 2022, 17:35:27 »

Thankfully I never have to drive into that shithole anymore, so Mr Khan can stick his charges up his arse. I'm expecting a lot of problems when these ridiculous charges come into force across more London boroughs next year.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 18 queries.