Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zafira B rear trailing arm bushes - how difficult?  (Read 1210 times)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
Zafira B rear trailing arm bushes - how difficult?
« on: 07 November 2022, 21:11:21 »

As per the title, the big bushes with the oddly shaped lobe on them (oo err  ::)). Are they hard to change and are any special tools required to wind the new ones in?

I watched a YT video of a guy doing a set, but he made such an ar$e of it I couldn't work out if it was difficult or not  ;D.

No doubt Dangerous Dave has done a few hundred, likewise that DTM bloke has probably done a few, so I thought I'd ask those what know...

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: Zafira B rear trailing arm bushes - how difficult?
« Reply #1 on: 08 November 2022, 07:26:25 »

I use the usually trick of hacksawing through the outer bush  after knocking the centre out and then fit a powerflex or Polish equivalent.

To get to them though you do need to remove the fixing bolts as the bush bolt cannot be withdrawn otherwise (hits the sill), once done it hangs happily on the shocks and you can jack at the rear of the spring cup to gte the front of the trailing arm to lower for access

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
Re: Zafira B rear trailing arm bushes - how difficult?
« Reply #2 on: 08 November 2022, 15:57:46 »

Thanks very much! Tbh I didn't realise that poly bushes were available for this application. Should make the whole job much easier!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.