Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3016494 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #24480 on: 29 November 2022, 04:10:12 »

It's unlit motorway, so no warning due to the geography of the road... Over a crest and down a slight curve into it. You only get as much warning as cats eyes you can illuminate... Which on dipped beam is about 4. The truck I was overtaking at the time hit the leading edge just before me so that was pretty much all the warning I had.

Lane 3 wasn't completely underwater when I went through it.
OK, does it flood often ?
maybe get a Dutton instead of a Merc  ;D
It’s no longer on my commute so it can be underwater all winter for all I care ;D
There's a mahoosive pool of water on your new journeys, you really don't want to end up in that  :o
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #24481 on: 29 November 2022, 10:27:32 »

Drove over to Fakenham in Norfolk in the RRS with my mates hired car trailer to collect a MK3  Zodiac he has purchased, 37,000 miles from new and only 1 owner ( recently deceased) I'm so envious it's absolutely in mint condition, now delivered safely to Oundle sitting alongside his MGB GT V8.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24482 on: 29 November 2022, 10:29:25 »

It's unlit motorway, so no warning due to the geography of the road... Over a crest and down a slight curve into it. You only get as much warning as cats eyes you can illuminate... Which on dipped beam is about 4. The truck I was overtaking at the time hit the leading edge just before me so that was pretty much all the warning I had.

Lane 3 wasn't completely underwater when I went through it.
OK, does it flood often ?
maybe get a Dutton instead of a Merc  ;D
It’s no longer on my commute so it can be underwater all winter for all I care ;D
There's a mahoosive pool of water on your new journeys, you really don't want to end up in that  :o
True, but if I end up in that, I probably won't know about it. And if I do, at least I will be suitably prepared :)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #24483 on: 29 November 2022, 17:50:27 »

Drove over to Fakenham in Norfolk in the RRS with my mates hired car trailer to collect a MK3  Zodiac he has purchased, 37,000 miles from new and only 1 owner ( recently deceased) I'm so envious it's absolutely in mint condition, now delivered safely to Oundle sitting alongside his MGB GT V8.
               I had one of them forty odd years ago, 927 CWN if I remember correctly..  2.6 straight six with one solex downdraught carb I liked that car but it was very heavy on juice although it was under 50p a gallon when I had it🤣
Laying a rubber road.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #24484 on: 29 November 2022, 18:51:24 »

I had one of them forty odd years ago, 927 CWN if I remember correctly..  2.6 straight six with one solex downdraught carb I liked that car but it was very heavy on juice although it was under 50p a gallon when I had it🤣

My father had a 1963 model around 1970, it was maroon with grey leather interior 738 DBY always liked that model ,especially the rear end the fins & the wrap around chrome under the bootlid.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #24485 on: 29 November 2022, 20:10:29 »

Lovely big bench front seat and four speed column change👍
Laying a rubber road.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #24486 on: 29 November 2022, 22:27:56 »

I went there once, it was closed.  :D

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
« Reply #24487 on: 30 November 2022, 17:21:57 »

My winter fund parts payment came in so ordered a good headset and bolts from local factors matching bay prices, gates cam belt kit was as cheap as well but not found one under £200 yet--------------

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24488 on: 30 November 2022, 19:41:24 »

Couldn't run to a Zodiac,nor even Zephyr 6 so for my second car[first was a '59 MkII Consul]I had to settle for a '64 Zephyr 4 :-[
Not actually done anything to the V70,but I have bought an event pass for the Grand Torque Event[a Volvo meeting]to be held at Elvington next September where some owners are trying their luck down the runway for bragging rights over who has the fastest Volvo and it's an event helping raise funds for charity. :y :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24489 on: 01 December 2022, 12:10:58 »

Ordered a new battery for her car, before the proper cold weather starts, but not arrived yet.  I might send her away this weekend with a jumppack, just in case, as it looks like it might get nippy overnight!

Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24490 on: 01 December 2022, 12:11:22 »

Oh, also gained an orange light on the dash, grrrr ;D
Grumpy old man

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #24491 on: 01 December 2022, 18:59:27 »

On the way out to the sauna last night in the Astra just coming to the bottom of the hill and as I braked the pedal suddenly went all the way to the floor😱 gear down and handbrake just got me out of going through a red light. Wheel cylinder has spilled its guts there’s fluid everywhere should be quite an easy fix though and I love the wreck so be done tomorrow🤣🤣
Laying a rubber road.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24492 on: 01 December 2022, 19:02:23 »

Collected all the gubbins for the B Service on the Alabama Mumsybus along with a new glow plug to replace the not working one and some odds and sods to address some minor trim niggles.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24493 on: 01 December 2022, 19:09:17 »

Fired up Pierre and reversed it out through the gates onto the drive, ready to call the scrapman to come and collect it.
Then decided to have one last look at the oil leak, leaving aside all previous thinking on the matter, and I had a completely new idea what the problem is
Will find out when I have time over the next few days if Im right or wrong, but it may yet be back on the road.  :D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24494 on: 01 December 2022, 19:38:43 »

Oh, also gained an orange light on the dash, grrrr ;D

When the wheels stop spinning the light should go out.  ;)  ……… or is that a yellow light, it’s been so long I’ve forgotten.  :-\
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.