Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: For The Non Omega Owner's  (Read 4749 times)

Aundie

• cowdenbeath, Fife
    • 1999 2.5 Reflection
    • View Profile
Re: For The Non Omega Owner's
« Reply #15 on: 24 April 2013, 18:50:40 »

I'd have mine back today with all it's gremlins! Loved the thing, hate gutless Honda frv turd  >:(. Now looking for a x308 xjr. giving Honda to the wife soon as I find a nice big auto.

cam2502

• Omega Baron
  • dumfries,scotland
    • 08 BMW 520d & 03 Saab 95
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24 April 2013, 23:06:02 »

I've a 5 series BMW now, had 4 Omegas in the  past but can't see me owning another. Great cars but for me it was constantly having to put petrol in the bugger that ended my love affair with vauxhalls finest.  :'(
The BM isn't anywhere near as greedy.

dad1uk

• Omega Knight
  • Birmingham
    • Vauxhall Zafira 2.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 25 April 2013, 07:19:08 »

My Omega went and I must be honest I do miss it - the comfort and the power.
I now have a Vectra 2.0 Diesel Estate and at 40 to 50 mpg I have saved a fortune!!
best wishes
Simon.

mantahatch

« Reply #18 on: 25 April 2013, 08:56:23 »

I gave my Omega to my mum. I now drive an Astra auto, dad drives an Astra auto convertible. The remarkable thing is anytime anyone does a long journey it is "can we take the Omega please". Think that says quite a lot, roomy comfortable and very economic on along run, it does 36.5mpg on a run (2.6)

Bixy1

• Intermediate Member
  • Leeds. West Yorks.
  • Hanging by a thread . . .
    • Diesel Vectra eventually.
    • View Profile
    • Cats Tails
« Reply #19 on: 25 April 2013, 10:02:43 »

. . . . the creature comforts and reliability ...

Hmmm . . . . . . . not so sure about that bit. I'm on my 3rd Omega and I love 'em to bits, BUT when they start getting a bit old, and they all are now, they can be a real pain.

HOWEVER my opinion could just be influenced by the fact that mine went into the garage this morning, and I'll be getting a big bill  >:(    So far my 2000 2.5 V6 with 85k miles has cost way more in repairs than I paid for it

Join the club, mine did too. No way will I get back the money that has been poured into it, but, what the hell, you know you are in a big car and they feel great.  :y
Having said that, I can't afford to use much apart from going to work. . .  :'(
Oh, and another thing, its an Elite, but no parking assist, heated rear seats or auto leveling.  >:(
Whats going on there then??  ???
Cats Tails (The Adventures of Rommy and Reemy)
http://sbpra.com/derektmorgan

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 25 April 2013, 10:14:44 »

. . . . the creature comforts and reliability ...

Hmmm . . . . . . . not so sure about that bit. I'm on my 3rd Omega and I love 'em to bits, BUT when they start getting a bit old, and they all are now, they can be a real pain.

HOWEVER my opinion could just be influenced by the fact that mine went into the garage this morning, and I'll be getting a big bill  >:(    So far my 2000 2.5 V6 with 85k miles has cost way more in repairs than I paid for it

Join the club, mine did too. No way will I get back the money that has been poured into it, but, what the hell, you know you are in a big car and they feel great.  :y
Having said that, I can't afford to use much apart from going to work. . .  :'(
Oh, and another thing, its an Elite, but no parking assist, heated rear seats or auto leveling>:(
Whats going on there then??  ???

I think parking assist was an option back then but thought the other two were standard ???
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

omega3000

« Reply #21 on: 25 April 2013, 11:06:09 »

I gave my Omega to my mum. I now drive an Astra auto, dad drives an Astra auto convertible. The remarkable thing is anytime anyone does a long journey it is "can we take the Omega please". Think that says quite a lot, roomy comfortable and very economic on along run, it does 36.5mpg on a run (2.6)

;D

I think as a daily commute car its not viable unless its got lpg , with few short miles i do it wouldnt be a problem so im still going to look  :P I would really like an estate omega this time , i like the look of them more than the saloons and it will be more practical for my needs  :)

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 25 April 2013, 12:03:27 »

;D

I think as a daily commute car its not viable unless its got lpg , with few short miles i do it wouldnt be a problem so im still going to look  :P I would really like an estate omega this time , i like the look of them more than the saloons and it will be more practical for my needs  :)

Only use mine (3.2) for short journeys now and it is not very cost effective but of course the low miles mean that the weekly sting when refuelling is not too bad and I quite like driving it as opposed to smaller economical stuff.
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 25 April 2013, 17:53:59 »

I drive my MV6 everyday and ***k the petrol consumption. Mrs Opti drives a 53 plate Corsa with only 22,000 miles on the clock, which averages about 40 mpg, and reaches close to 50 mpg on a run. :y

For reference, her RX-8 averaged about 13-15 mpg.....climbing to almost 20 mpg provided she didn't use more than 4,000 r.p.m. :-\ :'( 

omega3000

« Reply #24 on: 25 April 2013, 17:57:29 »

I drive my MV6 everyday and ***k the petrol consumption. Mrs Opti drives a 53 plate Corsa with only 22,000 miles on the clock, which averages about 40 mpg, and reaches close to 50 mpg on a run. :y

For reference, her RX-8 averaged about 13-15 mpg.....climbing to almost 20 mpg provided she didn't use more than 4,000 r.p.m. :-\ :'(

Thats a kick in the wallet for RX owners  :( Bet Mrs Opti's glad thats gone  ::)

ozzycat

• Omega Baron
  • chudliegh knighton /devon
    • hyundia i30
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 25 April 2013, 17:57:55 »

ive got to addmit mr opti  i do likr the rx-8 and the miles that i do the fuel consumption dosnt bother me
this is a great forum lets not spoil it
long live the magic tree
its good to be back

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 25 April 2013, 18:00:21 »

ive always liked the RX-8 until i read up on the mpg etc :o :o nice looking motor though and its got two side doors so a fat basta*** like me can get in and out :y

omega3000

« Reply #27 on: 25 April 2013, 18:08:15 »

RX 8 are dirt cheap now , i prefer the Rx 7 ...sounds like a jet fighter from cold but probably using just as much fuel  ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 25 April 2013, 19:42:20 »

ive always liked the RX-8 until i read up on the mpg etc :o :o nice looking motor though and its got two side doors so a fat basta*** like me can get in and out :y

....they are a great 'drivers car' Mr L, but tight on space. :-\ 

Proz

• Omega Baron
  • Largoward , Fife , Scotland
    • Omega-less now :-/
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 28 April 2013, 15:29:54 »

I've moved on to the 2012 Insignia SRI 2ltr 160 NAV diesel thingy ..... been 2-3 months now and can safely say I wont have another Omega. Having said that both the Omega's I had were good reliable cars till the last one a few months ago . I was sitting in the car showroom about to sign for the new one but looking at the omega out the window and I almost backed out when I saw her abandoned outside  ;D
I prefer everything about the new car now I'm used to it ( wasn't quite so sure in the early days ).
But now I love the fuel economy difference . I was getting mid 20's on petrol but this new car gives mid 44mpg without trying and if driving like a granddad I've even seen 54 mpg. 550 plus miles for my tankful instead of 350 if I was lucky. Also a lot cheaper on road tax .
Drives better , looks better and more modern inside and out and can move quickly if needed .
Just my opinion mind  ::)

Get yourself Giff Gaff'ed here :-) ...  http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/proz
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.