Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Other Forums  (Read 6032 times)

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
Re: Other Forums
« Reply #45 on: 10 November 2011, 08:16:22 »

I'm on MX5Nutz which is good, Landyzone, good, MGRover forum, so so but nothing compares to OOF :y
Retired

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 10 November 2011, 09:16:28 »

I thought the Merc forums where full of posts about new places to find rust  ;D

Sorry could not resist.  ;)

Back on track. I am on an Astra forum, it is huge with a fair bit of tech knowledge, but sadly does have the chav element aswell.

You're not wrong there,luckily mine was built before the bean counters started cost cutting. :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 10 November 2011, 09:38:11 »

Back on track. I am on an Astra forum, it is huge with a fair bit of tech knowledge, but sadly does have the chav element aswell.

You're not wrong there,luckily mine was built before the bean counters started cost cutting. :y

The 190e was one of the last proper mercs, built like a tank from proper steel not recycled ladas!
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 10 November 2011, 10:00:13 »

It's my beloved Arcam Alpha 10 amp, a while ago the power indicator light started to flick from green (on) to amber (standby) every few seconds. At first it was just doing it when it was on standby but then began to flick when in use. I've had it for about 15 years now and it always sounded fantastic, I'm really missing listening to music properly and not through a bloody ipod dock  :(

Can't really justify spending our meagre cash on a new or second-hand one at the moment, just wanted to know whether it was dead or not...

Service manuals are readily available for the ARCAM stuff.  :y

So, does it just drop to standby or is there a flashing red/amber fault indication?
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 10 November 2011, 10:08:59 »

The 190e was one of the last proper mercs, built like a tank from proper steel not recycled ladas!

Mines a w124 Eclass,they suffer with front wing rot but otherwise pretty good.
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

jonnycool

• Omega Baron
  • Merthyr Tydfil, S. Wales
  • We shag 'em, you eat 'em
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 10 November 2011, 12:50:28 »

It's my beloved Arcam Alpha 10 amp, a while ago the power indicator light started to flick from green (on) to amber (standby) every few seconds. At first it was just doing it when it was on standby but then began to flick when in use. I've had it for about 15 years now and it always sounded fantastic, I'm really missing listening to music properly and not through a bloody ipod dock  :(

Can't really justify spending our meagre cash on a new or second-hand one at the moment, just wanted to know whether it was dead or not...

Service manuals are readily available for the ARCAM stuff.  :y

So, does it just drop to standby or is there a flashing red/amber fault indication?

Just having a look now, haven't switched it on for quite a while....

Yes, when I switched it on it turned green as normal, then it started switching between green and amber, then went to a flashing red and stayed there  :(

....it's still doing the 'flicking' thing as well, you can hear a relay switching every now and then and it flashes amber for a second then goes back to red.

Service manuals may be available Kevin, but what I know about electonics could be written on a grain of rice, it may as well be written in Chinese  :-[
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving probably isn't for you

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 10 November 2011, 12:58:32 »

我們瞭解您的問題
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 10 November 2011, 13:09:32 »

Service manuals may be available Kevin, but what I know about electonics could be written on a grain of rice, it may as well be written in Chinese  :-[

That's where I might be able to help.

This is what it says about that flashing light. Maybe this will make sense as you're watching it power up:

Don't worry about the technical terms, but see if you can recognise the pattern of behaviour as one of the following:

On power up, protection should be engaged. This is checked after 3 seconds. If this isn't happening, the unit shuts down with flashing red.

If protection does not clear after about 16 seconds on power-up, the unit shuts down to flashing red. This is usually caused by a voltage offset.

Any main amp power loss detected causes a shut down to flashing red.

Any RF detected causes immediate shutdown to flashing red.

Any protection fault detected after power up results in flashing amber for about 16 seconds max. If it has not cleared, shut down to flashing red. Protection faults are caused by voltage offsets of over-current. Over-current should latch resulting in a  shutdown after 16 seconds. Voltage offsets should clear themselves if brief.

A temperature fault results in the power LED flashing slow amber and can last indefinitely until it clears. When it clears flashing will speed up until protection times back in.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 10 November 2011, 18:37:12 »

I frequent the Rover forums and some of the Audi ones a bit.  The Audi one is full of tumbleweed, sprinkled with 'dangle berries', the Rover one is all about bodykits and getting 400bhp from a 1.4 restricted K series ::)

Hmm. I've seen 253BHP from a K series. I'd be surprised if there was any more to come, TBH, seeing what that poor engine had done to it. ;)
You can get 1000bhp from it, apparently.  This is done by fitting an electric supercharger (compact version, about 5cm square, pulling about 100mA) and a special chip that fits between the Coolant temp sensor and the main ECU, again the compact variety, about 5mm long cylinder, 2mm diameter.

It must be true, and the blue LEDs add another 300bhp.
Grumpy old man

jonnycool

• Omega Baron
  • Merthyr Tydfil, S. Wales
  • We shag 'em, you eat 'em
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 10 November 2011, 19:48:55 »

That's where I might be able to help.

This is what it says about that flashing light. Maybe this will make sense as you're watching it power up:

Don't worry about the technical terms, but see if you can recognise the pattern of behaviour as one of the following:

On power up, protection should be engaged. This is checked after 3 seconds. If this isn't happening, the unit shuts down with flashing red.

If protection does not clear after about 16 seconds on power-up, the unit shuts down to flashing red. This is usually caused by a voltage offset.

Any main amp power loss detected causes a shut down to flashing red.

Any RF detected causes immediate shutdown to flashing red.

Any protection fault detected after power up results in flashing amber for about 16 seconds max. If it has not cleared, shut down to flashing red. Protection faults are caused by voltage offsets of over-current. Over-current should latch resulting in a  shutdown after 16 seconds. Voltage offsets should clear themselves if brief.

A temperature fault results in the power LED flashing slow amber and can last indefinitely until it clears. When it clears flashing will speed up until protection times back in.

Pm sent Kevin
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving probably isn't for you

Debs.

« Reply #55 on: 10 November 2011, 20:07:37 »

You can get 1000bhp from it, apparently.  This is done by fitting an electric supercharger (compact version, about 5cm square, pulling about 100mA) and a special chip that fits between the Coolant temp sensor and the main ECU, again the compact variety, about 5mm long cylinder, 2mm diameter.

[yoof]

Wickid innit.....lol

[/yoof]

:P..... ::)...... 8)

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #56 on: 10 November 2011, 21:44:41 »

Just noticed on one of the Jag forums . . .

Administrator - 68 posts
Global moderator - 152 posts

Christ - I've done 15 posts already!!

Not like OOF eh  :) :) ;)
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 10 November 2011, 21:48:28 »

Just noticed on one of the Jag forums . . .

Administrator - 68 posts
Global moderator - 152 posts

Christ - I've done 15 posts already!!

Not like OOF eh  :) :) ;)
Where do I sign up ;D
Grumpy old man

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 11 November 2011, 10:51:14 »

Just joined Ford Mondeo Owners Club (seeing as how I now drive one!!) and it although there are plenty of registered members, the place is like a morgue! :o I posted in the newbie's section and it was 24 hours before I had one solitary reply.
There is a fair amount of info on there but members posting technical problems get very little or no response. :( As for general chat, well.............. :-X ::)
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

jerry

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 11 November 2011, 11:51:31 »

I go on the TEOC forum now and again for the toyota estima and must say that theyre both very friendly and helpful. Their technical help is always very good and whilst the gen chat is always friendly it doesnt cover the vast range of topics that this one does  ;D You get a pack sent out to you with a tech help DVD and some goodies for full membership with TEOC but think I paid £20 but have been on there 4/5 years now. Only other forums I frequent are support forums for my lad's aspergers and dystonia buttheyre both good. Oddly enough, whilst Im on these forums and a Baggies football one, I would never join Facebook or so called social network sites though.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.