Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Holiday snaps ....  (Read 3243 times)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Holiday snaps ....
« on: 19 August 2007, 16:52:38 »

A few pictures of me on holiday ...  :)  1230.7 miles, 60.6 Galls fuel (av 20.3 mpg)

All spruced up and ready to go .... West Brittany here we come !!

free again !!

On the beach  !

Then it rained !!

« Last Edit: 19 August 2007, 17:28:14 by entwood »

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday snaps ....
« Reply #1 on: 21 August 2007, 22:40:28 »

34 views and not a single comment ??  :-/

Does the "mobile home" put you all off THAT much !!  ?  :)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 August 2007, 22:53:27 »

Does the "mobile home" put you all off THAT much !!

Not at all. Just made me realise how much I'm looking forward to getting away week after next. Our mobile home is of the fabric variety and I haven't ridden either of my pushbikes for about 2 years (popped out on one for a pint of milk, had to down the milk in one on the way back because I was about to pass out. Then it started snowing!) so I won't bother to take them.

Hope you had fun. Looks like the weather on the whole was a darn sight better than we've had here. 11 deg. C on the MID this morning  >:(

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Baron Von Spongebob

• Omega Baron
  • South Wales
  • Living the dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 August 2007, 00:06:13 »

Glad you enjoyed your holiday, Names to the places would be nice.. :y
Is the world ready for me..

davlad22

• Omega Knight
  • Sunny Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 August 2007, 03:32:07 »

Nice mig!  :) Love that colour still, and get some clear indicator lenses on it  :y

....and won't the bikes travel inside the van?

VX1

• Omega Baron
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 August 2007, 17:02:00 »

I envy you  >:(  just what I am looking to do as well when we eventually get a caravan, sometime next year possibly. Anyway nice looking car mate liking the colour as well. I used to have an Omega in that colour blue as well nice colour  :y
Vx Trade club card holder
Halfords trade card holder

V6_MAT

• Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 August 2007, 12:20:19 »

Hi,

Looks like fun!  The 20mpg would smart, but I guess the aerodynamics and weight are a little worse with the caravan on the back....  sometimes its nice to hear the V6 working hard for its living since it sounds so good.

Your car looks in great condition, and surely a V plate would be one of the last mini-facelifts?

One question;  I notice your car has a small black spoiler under the front bumper that my car ('98 elite) doesn't - should mine have had one or was it only fitted to later models?  And if so can you fit them to earlier cars?  And if so does anyone have one spare?

Cheers  :)

Martin_1962

« Reply #7 on: 24 August 2007, 14:37:36 »

Nice beach - I want to do Brittany in a couple of years, intersting that you did less miles than my Worcester -> Purbeck -> Cornwall -> Lyme Regis -> Worcester

Martin_1962

« Reply #8 on: 24 August 2007, 14:39:34 »

Hi,

Looks like fun!  The 20mpg would smart, but I guess the aerodynamics and weight are a little worse with the caravan on the back....  sometimes its nice to hear the V6 working hard for its living since it sounds so good.

Your car looks in great condition, and surely a V plate would be one of the last mini-facelifts?

One question;  I notice your car has a small black spoiler under the front bumper that my car ('98 elite) doesn't - should mine have had one or was it only fitted to later models?  And if so can you fit them to earlier cars?  And if so does anyone have one spare?

I did 16 average on my holiday but 100cc more, auto, and running on gas.

Martin_1962

« Reply #9 on: 24 August 2007, 14:40:12 »

Does the "mobile home" put you all off THAT much !!  ?  :)

I only check galleries occasionally

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24 August 2007, 22:24:17 »

Hi,

20mpg when pulling 1600kgs @ 55-60 mph is pretty good, the old scorpio only got around 15mpg !! Normal solo driving I get around 28-35mpg depending on how I drive it !!

As to the mini-face lift/ spoiler questions I'm afraid I have no idea ... only a new member to the site and I didn't even know there were such things as mini or full facelifts until a few weeks back !! I'm sure one of the experts I keep asking for info from can answer you accurately.

I am truly amazed at 2 things .....  

1. How little I knew about this car

2. How much info is readily available on this site

This means I am about to dig out the old toolbox and start actually doing my own work.. just as I used to in the cortina/MGB days.. I was under the misconception that you could not DIY on a car like this without zillions of specalist tools and equipment ...so I have been paying garage bills with some annoyance... that stops now !!! ( unfortunately for the resident experts.. this means loads of probably inane questions !! )

:)

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
  • I'm On An Economy Drive
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 25 August 2007, 00:00:45 »

Really nice car but you have to do something about the number plate. TAT? I don't think that should be on an Omega.

Van looks nice as well, what is it?
[size=24]        [/size][/b]

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 25 August 2007, 00:13:36 »

Really nice car but you have to do something about the number plate. TAT? I don't think that should be on an Omega.

SWMBO tried to refuse to allow me to buy the car due to the number plate .. she lost that argument  :)

'Van is a 2007 Abbey GTS 416, the only difference to standard is we had the stupid extractor fan removed and replaced by a Hecki (?) clear rooflight... better light inside and IMHO better ventilation than the noisy useless extractor !

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 26 August 2007, 18:15:05 »

Nice meega m8
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
  • I'm On An Economy Drive
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 26 August 2007, 19:48:55 »

SWMBO tried to refuse to allow me to buy the car due to the number plate .. she lost that argument  :)

'Van is a 2007 Abbey GTS 416, the only difference to standard is we had the stupid extractor fan removed and replaced by a Hecki (?) clear rooflight... better light inside and IMHO better ventilation than the noisy useless extractor !

Looking good. We would love a new van but funds not available. Maybe in 10 or 15 years time.  :'( :'(
[size=24]        [/size][/b]

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 29 August 2007, 00:22:54 »

Nice beach - I want to do Brittany in a couple of years,
I would've done her 4 or 5 years ago, but 2 kids and a lot of drugs later mean she's a bit mingin now ;D

Crazydad

• Omega Baron
  • Germany
    • 2.5 V6 facelift
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29 August 2007, 13:52:45 »

Wow you did a fair bit of driving there.

Pics look great hope the holiday was too :y :y

Dave

• Sittingbourne,Kent
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29 August 2007, 23:21:33 »

Hi,

20mpg when pulling 1600kgs @ 55-60 mph is pretty good, the old scorpio only got around 15mpg !! Normal solo driving I get around 28-35mpg depending on how I drive it !!

As to the mini-face lift/ spoiler questions I'm afraid I have no idea ... only a new member to the site and I didn't even know there were such things as mini or full facelifts until a few weeks back !! I'm sure one of the experts I keep asking for info from can answer you accurately.

I am truly amazed at 2 things .....  

1. How little I knew about this car

2. How much info is readily available on this site

This means I am about to dig out the old toolbox and start actually doing my own work.. just as I used to in the cortina/MGB days.. I was under the misconception that you could not DIY on a car like this without zillions of specalist tools and equipment ...so I have been paying garage bills with some annoyance... that stops now !!! ( unfortunately for the resident experts.. this means loads of probably inane questions !! )

:)
1. Yes its a mini face lift model
2. The black spoiler should be on your model but most get knock off hitting curb's.

We are driving down to Brittany in October for a chill out week. We have rented a cottage by the sea,I drive a lorry all week, so pulling a trailer on my days off are a NO NO.
« Last Edit: 29 August 2007, 23:27:04 by Dave »
Grand Scenic 1.9 dci. Hands free card,Panoramic sunroof,sliding centre console,Opening tailgate window,Climate control,Cruise control,parking sensors,Roof bar spoiler,Folding mirrors,Auto lights & wipers.

Dave-C

• Omega Knight
  • Staffordshire
  • The Old Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22 December 2007, 09:42:59 »

Not the case, just admiring the Meega.....  What a beautiful example it is....  Where are the photos taken?  Looks mint..

There's always Newent in 2008.. if we do it and if you can make it..

Merry Xmas  DC ;)

P.S.

We went to Buxton (1786 feet above sea level) for last New Year... with our van, found a great pub with 8 pitches... only us there... bloody freezing... free party.. free pool (Billiards) for the kids....  

Shall never forget it.... GR8.. 8-)

Do it right, do it once................

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #19 on: 22 December 2007, 11:03:22 »

Very nice car..Seems mine gone in UK when I'm  in sleep  ;D :y

Merry xmas !
« Last Edit: 22 December 2007, 11:03:50 by cem_devecioglu »
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.