Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Flash motor I don't think so.  (Read 3749 times)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Flash motor I don't think so.
« Reply #15 on: 12 July 2015, 23:59:26 »

But why are they deemed as an old mans car anyway?. I get the wee wee taken out of me when I pull up in work to the shout's of " taxi".
Probably because most younger male drivers go for ,clits, Corsas etc. Majority of Omegas I see appear bog standard, whereas youngsters tend to add "go faster" accessories.  I have always preferred larger cars my first at 17 was a 3.3 litre Vauxhall Velox PB 1964 vintage, & then a variety of Zephyrs Zodiacs Granadas & Mercs through the years .Have had smaller cars but never really enjoyed them.

Was this the same lump that was used in the Ventora?

Yes same engiņe, mine had the Hydramatic gearbox.

Rumour has it the engine came from a lorry. :-\
Same as the Dodge Viper unless I'm mistaken !

Was this not the same engine that was fitted to Bedford 'J' Series, I had an Ambulance version, 50 mph flat out............. ;) ;)

Sounds familiar, Mr Vamps.

The Ventora and Velox, along with the Cresta and Viscount, were certainly not high RPM screamers.

iirc this was the era where Vx had to play catch up on engine 'technology' with the lumps fitted to Ford Anglias and Cortinas, followed by their crossflow engines. Meanwhile BMC did the calculation for 4 cylinders with each one having an inlet and exhaust port and got the answer 5! ::) ::) ::)
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.